Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Looks like the spoilers I posted last week about the final 12 are true... and I was hoping they wouldn't be...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Well now, I have some comments...

What the f**k, this was not a joke at the beginning, it's still not funny now and it's such an insult to the many many groups that actually had an iota of talent and/or likability. I just dont get it, Does Louis just have a massive hard-on for these nit-wits??

I think it's unbelievable that there are numerous unrecognized faces in the 'you're through/You're not' stage...obviously you immediately know the line-outs destiny, it really makes the whole process redundant. I seem to recall last/previous years there were many people the judges came across as being 'on the fence' about and it made for truly tense moments as they put the 'on the fencers' on stage together.

Some parts of this show are so bloody infuriating, I waited to download it so I could skip through the wafts of 'I dont know what I'll do with my life if I dont get through' sobbos.Stacey made me laugh though "If I dont get through there's always Asda".

Jesus, nobody really tried to hide the fact they were disgusted with Louis...He's a total and utter creep, he cant even believe his own crap. Also, as soon as the groups seen Louis they instantly knew they'd be off to Dublin *Snigger* and not the Bahamas, Marbella, or even staying in London would be much much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Stacey made me laugh though "If I dont get through there's always Asda".

+1 Classic

I do kinda wish Simon had got the twins. To see them being left behind as his plane took off would have been excellent. (Then again... to see them being trown off the plane somewhere over the Atlantic might have been better.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It doesn't make any sense to be honest. Yesterday the Sunday papers said that Dannii will be distraught because the other judges will over rule her in regards to that guy who was in it in 2007. However, it's obvious from observing the judges that Louis was the only one who liked the twins. Yet he wasn't over ruled? Just more manufactured ****e from Simon Cowell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Girls Aloud?

Ok, I'll give you that one, although he didn't discover them he was given the managers job for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    It doesn't make any sense to be honest. Yesterday the Sunday papers said that Dannii will be distraught because the other judges will over rule her in regards to that guy who was in it in 2007. However, it's obvious from observing the judges that Louis was the only one who liked the twins. Yet he wasn't over ruled? Just more manufactured ****e from Simon Cowell.

Cheryl said she thought they had something during the selection process so I'm assuming she sided with Louis.
    Well if they're through to the live shows I'm hoping they're first off....they're disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Hydroquinone

Jesus, nobody really tried to hide the fact they were disgusted with Louis...He's a total and utter creep, he cant even believe his own crap. Also, as soon as the groups seen Louis they instantly knew they'd be off to Dublin *Snigger* and not the Bahamas, Marbella, or even staying in London would be much much better.

This year, Loius Walsh's "house" is in Italy. Something to do with Ireland falling down a bit in the glamour stakes, when compared with those other places the judges use. Or so I hear.
    Still, wherever it is, it'll be the last time we see the Twins of Shíte. With any luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Maybe this has been said before but does one of the girls from Project A look the spitting image of Saffia from this years big brother??? Perhaps a younger version?

The girl second from the right

article-1211439-064A4E34000005DC-965_468x390.jpg

Saffia in Big Bro

bb_saffia.jpg

Was thinking that myself last night too Cathooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i knew she reminded me of someone but i couldnt figure out who! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

How and why the twins were put through and the guy Dannii wanted wasn't is beyond me, the twins are a joke :rolleyes:

I thought this show was about finding talent, not comic relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

hellboy99 wrote: »
    How and why the twins were put through and the guy Dannii wanted wasn't is beyond me, the twins are a joke :rolleyes:

I thought this show was about finding talent, not comic relief.
    they are kinda in the same "talent" as same difference the year before last, cheesey as fuck and hardly no talent .Hmm they wont get very far, if they do get through , cant see the public liking them very much tbh!

For me at this stage, it looks like the winner will be in the over 25's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

emo!! wrote: »
    cant see the public liking them very much tbh!
    I can't stand them already :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

This whole show is a joke.....but I know that I am still going to watch :mad:

Because it's soooo damned addictive!!

This year is all about showmanship and publicity. Hence the Hedgehog Twins, talent isn't really the priority, profit and viewership is.

But seriously...if (and more than likely when, this is Louis Walsh) the twits get through....I will hunt Louis down, and eat his heart :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I think they're gas. The bit where they came out leaping and jumping around and ran into your one who had just been kicked out because of them was priceless.

I've no doubt they'll go out the first week but they deserve to stay in because they're not standing there moaning on about how....
    1) they came from a rough area and have had it hard.
    2) they brought up there 16 or 17 brothers and sisters because daddy/mammy had a drug/alcohol/betting habit.
    3) they are singing for their dead wife/aunt/granny/grandfather/son/brother/sister/hamster (I think you get the picture)
    4) it has always been their dream.

They came in, took the piss and got through. It's about time the show got a bit of a reshuffle.

Perhaps Simon and the crew realised that when Peter Kay so effortlessly took the piss out of the whole setup last year.

I was actually delighted when the fella whose brother had died didn't get through. They should freshen up the whole thing next year by banning people from telling these stories.

The contestants are trying to win a recording contract - we want to hear them sing, not bleat on about their personal tragedies.

Scien wrote: »
    Danyl has the Competition in the bag.
    I haven't seen anyone that comes remotely close.

I wish he'd stop with all the annoying crying and bleating on about the kids and just get on with it. I liked the lad until this weekend's episodes.

Now I want him to lose.

Namlub wrote: »
    HOW?! Seriously???? I mean really, since when could Louis influence the other judges?

Because Simon doesn't want to say it but he knows himself they are needed and are something different.

All that bull about deliberating not being easy. The sections showing where they 'deliberated' were so cheesy it was unreal. One man decides what acts go through: Simon Cowell.

The rest are his puppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I was surprised at how good Stacey's voice is. Awful accent but great singer.

I reckon Louis will keep the twins just to spite the other judges & for the controversy. He has a terrible mentoring group this year so there's not much else he can do for kicks.

My prediction for final 3 is probably Jamie Archer, Daniel Pearce & Lucie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Those Irish twins are terrible makes me embarrassed to be Irish :o

And, on another rant, I didn't get Simon either. He complained about Olly singing a song that was too easy and not taking a risk. Then he had a go at Danyl for trying to change a song and taking a risk.

The man reminds me of Bill Cullen in the Apprentice. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Lemlin wrote: »
    And, on another rant, I didn't get Simon either. He complained about Olly singing a song that was too easy and not taking a risk. Then he had a go at Danyl for trying to change a song and taking a risk.

The man reminds me of Bill Cullen in the Apprentice. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I thought that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Lemlin wrote: »

No Simon said that Olly was one who could have taken a risk and didnt. Danyl took a risk and did a very poor job of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I really like Duane .... but that could be because he reminds me of a young Eddie Murphy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Hydroquinone

The thing that makes me laugh is how many of them get all weepy and say "No one wants this more than me"
    Reeeeeeeelly? Are the rest of the wannabes who are saying the very same thing just there because they got off at the wrong bus stop?
    No; everyone there wants it just as much as you. There's nothing unique about you wanting it, everyone does, else they'd not be there, would they?
    Stop talking guff and try to be a bit more self aware.

6th wrote: »
    No Simon said that Olly was one who could have taken a risk and didnt. Danyl took a risk and did a very poor job of it.

But is Danyl not the one who Simon said gave the best audition he'd ever seen? Surely if anyone could take a risk it's him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Mink wrote: »
    I was surprised at how good Stacey's voice is. Awful accent but great singer.

I reckon Louis will keep the twins just to spite the other judges & for the controversy. He has a terrible mentoring group this year so there's not much else he can do for kicks.

My prediction for final 3 is probably Jamie Archer, Daniel Pearce & Lucie.
    who's lucie again??

so bad with names this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I don't think there is a winner in the boys category. Of the six I reckon Ricky Loney, Lloyd Daniels and Joseph McElderry will get through to the live finals. However it's definitely a case of the best out of a bad bunch as I thought that Daniels and McElderry were uderwhelming in bootcamp, almost to the point of being out of tune at times. But that might just be me. As for Ricky Loney it's hard to give an opinion due to the throat infection (and it was obvious that he had a bad throat, it wasn't just a case of tools who whine about losing their voice only to knock their audition of the park), however based on his first audition I just don't think he has a strong enough voice. The winner will not come from the boys category.

The groups are awful, absolutely abysmal, and if this show was truly about talent then the first three acts out in the live finals would be all of Louis's (which I would LOVE to see). I think Miss Frank, Kandy Rain, and the Grimes Twins will get to the live finals. I don't get the hype around Miss Frank as I don't think their voices gel all that well. However there is potential, and if Louis picks good songs they might get to a respectable position. The same can be basically said about Kandy Rain. As for the twins, them getting to the live finals will not be a case of talent reigning supreme but rather will be a case of Simon Cowell wanting a hate figure in the show this year. I will say though that they actually weren't that bad in their first audition, but they were horrendous at bootcamp, and their attitude is despicable. The winner will not come from the groups category, in fact they should be the first three out.

The over 25's category is a tough one to call. I think Jamie Afro and Danyl Johnson are assured of a place in the live finals. The final place is a toss up between Olly Murs, Daniel Pearce and Nicole Lawrence. It really depends on how they perform at Cowell's location. I'm conflicted in regards to Afro and Johnson, they are at ease with the uptempo numbers but I don't think they can manage slower numbers. There was something strained and unnatural about Afro's performance of With or Without You, you could tell that he was just bursting to 'rock out'. As for Johnson I think Cowell summed it up perfectly, why couldn't he just sing the melody? He absolutely murdered that Simply Red song, which I didn't even think was possible as Hucknall seems to do a good enough job himself! I don't think these guys have good ranges, even if you go back to their first auditions you can locate parts were they sang out of tune.

I think Murs is another one who sings out of tune way too much however he, like Lloyd and McElderry in the boys category, will probably get to the live finals based on his image rather than the strength of his voice. Lawrence is a hard one to call. I both loved and hated parts of her performance at bootcamp, she has a good voice but I don't think she can control it. Pearce I don't get the deal with him either, both his performances of Kiss From A Rose and Purple Rain sounded weak and out of tune at times. If he gets to the finals it will be for dramatic effect and nothing more. All the same, this category have to be the second favourites to produce the winner this year.

Out of the girls category I reckon that Racehl Adedejij, Stacey Solomon, and Lucie Jones will get to the finals. I think Adedejij has a decent voice, I think she took a risk at bootcamp and I can appreciate that. I don't think she will last long in the finals though. Stacey Solomon is very good too, however I have to agree with Dannii (I think?) when she said that there is a lack of connection there with the audience. She is lacking in charisma, and I would like to see her try an uptempo song at Dannii's location. Finally I think that Lucie Jones is head and shoulders above everyone else in this category. I thought her first audition was good, but she was brilliant at bootcamp. She has a powerful but a very much controlled voice, and if Dannii can pick the right songs I thing Lucie will win the show.

Lucie Jones to walk it for her talent alone, if not for the fact that it is a very weak show this year, probably the weakest I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

emo!! wrote: »
    who's lucie again??

so bad with names this year!

Lucie is the 18yr old Welsh girl, pretty & sang a whitney houston song on first audition - near beginning of auditions

Here be spoilers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I don't think there is a winner in the boys category. Of the six I reckon Ricky Loney, Lloyd Daniels and Joseph McElderry will get through to the live finals.

What about Ethan? I think he has the strongest voice of the boys and he looks great. Lloyd is very mediocre, I can see him getting through for the teeny bopper vote. The rest of the boys are forgettable tbh.
    The groups are awful, absolutely abysmal, and if this show was truly about talent then the first three acts out in the live finals would be all of Louis's (which I would LOVE to see). I think Miss Frank, Kandy Rain, and the Grimes Twins will get to the live finals.
    Agreed, this is the weakest category by far. Miss Frank are ok but I don't find them likeable at all, I think it's because of the short girl, there's something about her I really don't like. Also it was like the three of them were trying to showcase how good they were, instead of trying to gel as a group. I'm sure this will be sorted though.
    The over 25's category is a tough one to call. I think Jamie Afro and Danyl Johnson are assured of a place in the live finals. The final place is a toss up between Olly Murs, Daniel Pearce and Nicole Lawrence.
    Ugh I cannot STAND Danyl. His first audition was good but he's been pretty average since then and SO annoying. I really don't want him to get through to the live shows, but of course he will, as he has got so much worldwide publicity and Simon will know that that will increase the popularity of the show. I would like to see any of the other 5 in the final. Olly has a great voice, similar to Will Young. Jamie Affro is entertaining and I LOVE Daniel. Really like the girls too. Tough one!!
    Out of the girls category I reckon that Racehl Adedejij, Stacey Solomon, and Lucie Jones will get to the finals.

Agreed here. Rachel and Lucie are amazing, Lucie especially. She has such a mature, controlled voice. Stacey is a bit "meh" but still talented.
    Lucie Jones to walk it for her talent alone, if not for the fact that it is a very weak show this year, probably the weakest I have seen.

I actually think it's quite good this year! Any of the over 25s alone could win the show!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement