Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Taxi Driver Thread

• 16-06-2009 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

So i was getting a taxi home over the weekend with another 3 or 4 lads...Taxi Driver stops at the end of my road (i live about a mile up it) to leave a friend of mine out and says "end of the line for you aswell Bud, 10 quid" I say, "Hold on, i'm only a mile up this road, can you drive me up please?" He replies, "No, i'm too busy, you'll have to get out here!"

Now, i've no problem walking a mile up my own road but when its 4am and i'm pretty drunk, i do.

So i say, "Look when i ordered this taxi, i told you where i lived and when i pay for a taxi i expect to be brought to my doorstep" To which he basically replies Tough Sh!t... So i say "Well it's like this if you don't drive me home then your getting no money" and a start walking away to him threatening to call the guards etc etc....

Fcuk that, i've no problem paying for a service but when you get that kind of sh!t i've a big problem.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Next time try asking him to drive you down a dark lane when you have your trousers on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

I had a taxi driver tell me i look like Rosanna Davidson and asked me to kiss him as payment. Scary when you're on your own with perves like that in the middle of the night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I had a taxi driver tell me i look like Rosanna Davidson and asked me to kiss him as payment. Scary when you're on your own with perves like that in the middle of the night!

No, thats just sleazy.

If he said you looked like Harney and wanted a kiss, thats perverse.

Nodin wrote: »
    No, thats just sleazy.

I'm glad he was sleazy and not perverse so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Take his name and plate number and report him.

Simple.

They're always complaining there's too many of them on the road so they should be happy if a few get banned from driving a taxi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

A few months ago I was out in Limerick for my friend's 19th.

We got a taxi at about 2am back to her house, and I swear to god the fecker was drunk.

He was racing through Castletroy, and flirting with my friend (while her BF was in the back :eek:).

My other friend was trying to open the window, and he started screaming at her about trying to open the door...

At the end, he gave my friend his number...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

My mate got a cab from town to blanch, guy goes through the park all the way up the roundabout before the castleknock entrance....driver hangs a right gos down to the next gate and then onto the n3 thus earning himself an extra couple of slimy quid. Mate said nothing, got a receipt then took his number and informed him he will be reporting him to the taxi authority/regulator people the first chance he gets.

So basically they are screaming they cant make a living and instead of cultivating a good relationship with customers maybe with the view of repeat custom they are still ripping people off. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Yeh, I'm gorgeous too.

Yeh, I'm gorgeous too.

so's your ma!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yeh, I'm gorgeous too.
    Both of you. Pics or GTFO

we also accept videos.HD preferable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Yeh, I'm gorgeous too.

Catfight !
    She also said you didn't know how to accessorise properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Catfight !
    OH NO SHE DIDNT!!!

Catfight !

LOL **** stirrer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Taxi driver asked me once whether i thought he should leave his wife or not!

At four in the morning i may have been too enthusiastic. Im such a homewrecker:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I got a taxi at the weekend, trip came to €5.75, gave the taximan a €10 and he handed me back a €5 note.

But I can remember lots of times, pre-stephen, when they'd just drive by or ask you where you were going and just drive on as it wasn't on their way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Ah come on it wasnt that sleazy, besides i'm a pussycat really. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Wouldn't have paid either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

People need to start taking plate numbers and reporting these feckers. I know yis are probably usually pished, but how else will we get the knackers off the road and have a half-decent taxi service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

I actually took his number but i don't know if i have any recourse since i didn't pay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

Jaysoose wrote: »
    My mate got a cab from town to blanch, guy goes through the park all the way up the roundabout before the castleknock entrance....driver hangs a right gos down to the next gate and then onto the n3 thus earning himself an extra couple of slimy quid. .

Your pal was mistaken in paying him. At the point of destination he should of said 'I noted that you deliberately lenghtend the journey here you thieving knacker and as such your not getting paid'. Preferably accompanied by a clout in the head. Exit taxi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Nodin wrote: »
    No, thats just sleazy.

hey! You take that back!

Advertisement