Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why

• 16-06-2009 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

dont know why i was banned..but please deactivate my account as pets were the only forum i was interested in...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hi,

There is no "deactivate" option as such. If you no longer wish to use the site, you just logout and don't return.

Have you asked the moderator of the forum in question why you've been banned? You can send them a private message to ask :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MiaF

i don't know..i have left link to the web site for dog food..i thought that this web site is to help answering questions:-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Well, my assumption would be that the moderator may have thought you were spamming the site, or promoting it.

We get hundreds of people signing up here every week because they want free advertising - in the same way you get email spam. Imagine if someone you had never heard of emailed you going "this dog food site is great!" - you would probably assume it was junk too :-)

So you can see why the mod might have been suspicious. Generally the easiest way to get it sorted is to send a Private Message to the moderator in question going "oops - honest mistake". These things are very easily rectified :-)

Advertisement