Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Dungarvan - London

Options
  • 16-06-2009 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Hi there, has anybody got any information on the bus that goes from Dungarvan to London? Time table, price, length of time it takes etc,I t would be much appreciated :) Sound

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭deisebabe

Hey there, Haven't gotten this in years. Last time I did it it was grand.
    Heres the details:

http://www.stenaline.ie/ferry/travel-by-coach/rosslare-fishguard-route/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

The service is only available on the night sailing from Rosslare - leaves Dungarvan at 6pm, Rosslare at 9.45pm arrives Fishguard around 1.30am and arrives in Victoria station in London at 8am following morning. Cost is €42.50 each way according to Bus Eireann site www.buseireann.ie or www.eurolines.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

You need lots of stamina for it. I find it to be a horrible way togo to London but the price is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I didn't even know you could do this! Sounds like a great adventure, might do it sumtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

I assume this is the Eurolines bus which starts in Cork and gets to Waterford about 7PM.

I got this once, in February, because I'd left it late and couldn't get a flight. Never ever again.

Drunken t**ts at the back on the bus' arrival in Waterford. Two of them bought a bottle of something on the ferry and had drunk it all by the time we docked in Fishguard, vomit all down their front etc. On leaving Fishguard they proceeded to racially abuse several of the other passengers so the driver, who was Polish, stopped the bus, called the Police and we had to wait an hour for them to arrive to arrest them. From talking to the other passengers this wasn't an unknown situation.

You can get an inclusive ferry/train ticket which is £32.00 one-way from London to Rosslare and vice-versa, one of the little-known bargains on the UK rail network. There's a bit of a wait in Fishguard but it's much better than the coach, change at Swansea. The only problem is that you can't get to Rosslare to connect with the ferry by public transport on a Sunday. There's a train from Waterford Mon-Sat which gets to Rosslare in time to catch the boat.

SSE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I assume this is the Eurolines bus which starts in Cork and gets to Waterford about 7PM.

I got this once, in February, because I'd left it late and couldn't get a flight. Never ever again.

Drunken t**ts at the back on the bus' arrival in Waterford. Two of them bought a bottle of something on the ferry and had drunk it all by the time we docked in Fishguard, vomit all down their front etc. On leaving Fishguard they proceeded to racially abuse several of the other passengers so the driver, who was Polish, stopped the bus, called the Police and we had to wait an hour for them to arrive to arrest them. From talking to the other passengers this wasn't an unknown situation.

You can get an inclusive ferry/train ticket which is £32.00 one-way from London to Rosslare and vice-versa, one of the little-known bargains on the UK rail network. There's a bit of a wait in Fishguard but it's much better than the coach, change at Swansea. The only problem is that you can't get to Rosslare to connect with the ferry by public transport on a Sunday. There's a train from Waterford Mon-Sat which gets to Rosslare in time to catch the boat.

SSE

Jesus thats actually very good. How long does it take to get from fishguard to london?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Not surprising. The time I was on it we had people having a sing song at 3am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

ziedth wrote: »
    Jesus thats actually very good. How long does it take to get from fishguard to london?

The ferry gets in to Fishguard at 00:45 give or take and the train leaves there at 01:50. Change at Swansea for the HST which gets to Paddington about 8AM. This doesn't work if you're travelling over on Saturday into Sunday as the train times in the UK are different.

Going the other way I'd get the 19:00 from Paddington to Swansea. The train for Fishguard leaves at 23:45 I think - if you time it right you have an hour in the bar of the hotel across the road from Swansea station. On arrival at Rosslare there is a train to Waterford at 07:00 or you can get a Bus Eireann I think. Unfortunately the bus to Rosslare gets in too late for the ferry since the departure time was changed a while back.

It's a bargain £32.00 each way. One of the last boat trains in existence.

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

The ferry gets in to Fishguard at 00:45 give or take and the train leaves there at 01:50. Change at Swansea for the HST which gets to Paddington about 8AM. This doesn't work if you're travelling over on Saturday into Sunday as the train times in the UK are different.

Going the other way I'd get the 19:00 from Paddington to Swansea. The train for Fishguard leaves at 23:45 I think - if you time it right you have an hour in the bar of the hotel across the road from Swansea station. On arrival at Rosslare there is a train to Waterford at 07:00 or you can get a Bus Eireann I think. Unfortunately the bus to Rosslare gets in too late for the ferry since the departure time was changed a while back.

It's a bargain £32.00 each way. One of the last boat trains in existence.

SSE

Cheers budd, sounds like an adventure

Advertisement