Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Sony Camcorder repaired?

• 16-06-2009 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

I have a Sony MiniDV Camcorder (DCR-PC107E) and it's not working - there's no image appearing on the viewfinder or the swing-out screen, although the menus are appearing, so maybe the CCD has died.

Does anyone know of anywhere I could get it repaired? Sony Centre would be the last resort.

Thanks,

DW.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ciencin

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

I have a Sony MiniDV Camcorder (DCR-PC107E) and it's not working - there's no image appearing on the viewfinder or the swing-out screen, although the menus are appearing, so maybe the CCD has died.

Does anyone know of anywhere I could get it repaired? Sony Centre would be the last resort.

Thanks,

DW.

Sony will charge you around €70 ish for them to take a look at your cam, dont know any other places that will do camera repair unfortunately.

Are you sure its not a dirty heads problem? I had nearly the same problem with my old sony cam, I ran a head cleaning tape for 10 seconds and it fixed the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I still should be seeing an image on the LCD/in the viewfinder when taping, which I'm not.

After a little research, I've found that Sony made a batch of CCD chips in 2004/2005 that were faulty, and my camera is one of the affected batch. The same chips were also used in Cannon and Panasonic equipment.

Sony in Ireland charge €70 hello money, as you said, but I managed to blag a free diagnostic with Sony in the UK using a UK address and freepost (will send unit from Newry).

Advertisement