Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint about a moderator

Options
  • 16-06-2009 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I started a thread in the "Biology and Medicine" forum about the charging of exorbitant prices by doctors. Since I've actually never met anyone who didn't have a say on this matter, I thought it might be an interesting thread, as well as giving me some limited public exposure for my own views on the matter. This thread was locked. When I asked the moderator why, he said that he himself is a doctor and that since doctors are very hard-working they shouldn't have to listen to criticisms from members of the general public.

Doesn't boards.ie have some rules on something like this? There's clearly a conflict of interest here, whereby a moderator won't allow criticism of his own profession. Is this topic, a very salient one in day to day conversations that I have with people, not to be discussed anywhere on this website? I have to say, I may never post anything again on this website if such a frustrating and deeply unethical state of affairs is allowed to abide.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement