Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silent Hill Homecoming

• 16-06-2009 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Anyone have this? Saw it in Game yesterday and was sooo close to buying it.
    Is it any good? Your thoughts and opinions please ( :

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Silent Hill 2 is one of my favourite games of all time, love the others too, so I was a bit apprehensive about this game and didn't buy it until months after release.

Personally, I quite enjoyed it, it's better than I expected it would be, but I know others who absolutely hate the game too. I wouldn't pay full price for it, it has limited replay value (just getting the different endings, really).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I loved 2 and 3. 4 not so much. I have this and have not even tried it due to lack of time but everyone who I have talked to who has played it says that if you like the others you will like this too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, 4 is... not great. It's better than 4 IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

Cheers folk think I will give it a bash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hi, i really dont know why i didnt like this game!!

maybe i didnt give it long enough to get into it! although i never played any of the other silent hills!

any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's not bad. I wouldn't buy it though. Rent it for a week in XtraVision. Shouldn't take you much longer than that to finish it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

It's really not that good!

theUbiq wrote: »
    It's really not that good!

Feck it I just bought it yesterday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ah i enjoyed it for what it was , far from 1 or 2 but definately better than 4

I so want Homecoming to be good. Let me know how you get on OP.

Happy memories of SH 1 and 2.

Survival Horror seems to be a genre in decline though. Having said that, I got some enjoyment out of ALone in the Dark, despite the poor reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

I love all of the Silent Hill games but this one was avarage at best, no tension, no suspense and crap puzzles. Plus the multiple endings were horrible! UFO ending from Silent Hill 2 was the business!

P.s the new one on the Wii looks decent tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Just picked this up and I have to say, for me, this is easily the most derivative of the series. The starting conceit is lifted wholesale from SH3 … the game is even reduced to things flying out at you in narrow dark corridors – á la Doom 3 – a trick which SH2 never had to rely on. SH2 had the psychological thing going on – it never needed cheap shocks … Anyway, I’m disappointed, but I’ll play to the end (a couple of times at least), but only because I have so much love for SH2 …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I lost all the uncomfortable subtexts and weirdness that made it creepy in favouor of... dark corridoor SOMETHING JUMPS OUT!! I wasn't too impressed.

You can't invert the controls?! That drove me mad, every time I try to look up at a monster he stares at the £!@#ing floor!

Have been getting stuck into it this week, not bad but not on a par with the others in the frachise. The Needlers are a pain in the ass! Have used up all my amo on 2 of them ) :

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

ND 1978 wrote: »
    Survival Horror seems to be a genre in decline though. Having said that, I got some enjoyment out of ALone in the Dark, despite the poor reviews.

If you haven't already, give Dead Space a go. Best use of sound in a game I have ever come across.

As for Homecoming, isn't it made by the guys who did Origins on the PSP? That was also pretty passable.

Advertisement