Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top 3 "new" artists

• 16-06-2009 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

I was just wondering who you guys think are the top producers on the scene at the moment who are just beginning or are a couple of years into their careers. For me it would be

1. Deadmau5
    2. Maor Levi
    3. Felix Cartal

I know they may seem quite soft compared to most of the tastes on this forum which I have found to be more DnB and minimal orientated, but I have only been listening to elecronica for a year or so.

So who do you think are the future superstars?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Starfox

2. Maor Levi is pretty cool, check out Jaytech too he has some very good stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

In no order:

Foamo
    Jokers of the Scene
    AC Slater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Again, no order:

Proxy
    D.I.M
    Popof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Fake Blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Jello wrote: »
    Fake Blood.

He's been at it a long long time, albeit under different guises, could hardly call him new?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Dubstep:

Jus wan

Joker

Kryptic Minds

DnB:

Instra:Mental

Rockwell NOT the Irish Rockwell

Dan Habarnam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I think we need clarification on new here. I mean Popof has been releasing stuff for 10 years, D.I.M nearly that long and Fake Blood (Touche) probably close to 15. Are we saying guys who have only recently become succesful or guys that are actually fairly new to releasing tracks (say post 2007). I know thats a bit pedantic but otherwise this just becomes a thread for posting a list of your favourite artists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Jev/N wrote: »
    He's been at it a long long time, albeit under different guises, could hardly call him new?
    Well I mean the stuff he's doing as Fake Blood, which I'd consider new. I mean nobody even knew who he was until not so long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Well if we're gonna be pedantic, I'll say Bloody Beetroots, nobody can argue that they're not "new" ;) and that tune Warp 1.9 is big :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Well if we're gonna be pedantic, I'll say Bloody Beetroots, nobody can argue that they're not "new" ;) and that tune Warp 1.9 is big :)

If by new you mean in the last year, then no, they aren't new.
    Maybe the OP could offer some clarification: does he mean young producers, guys who have only started to get big, or something else...

I reckon Neo Tokyo will be quite big soon- he's had stuff released quite a while ago but he's actually only 20 or 21 at the moment and has only had one properly big release.

Decalicious are the same.They had a song on a Kitsuné compilation a while ago (i think) but haven't really pushed on from there.Plenty of future potential there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

All your tastes are shiiite, sorry

Nima Gorgi,
    Simon Baker,
    Michel Cleis for me

Advertisement