Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Got Next - Street Fighter Doc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

In the 2nd video, the look of fear on the guy on the left is absolutely hilarious. :p

I'm looking forward to this, should be an interesting watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

2nd vid: Iz dat sum TUR-BO!?

Yeah, I just wanna hear more about Tomo Ohira (aka the One True OG).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    2nd vid: Iz dat sum TUR-BO!?

Yeah, I just wanna hear more about Tomo Ohira (aka the One True OG).

".....dont wanna battle you, we here to welcome you to shadaloo"

:p epic lyrics right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

The short cut of this premieres Friday 8pm EST (1am our time I think) on UFragTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Premiere for the doc on at 1AM:

http://ufragtv.com/show/i-got-next-movie-premier

• Advertisement

>_< Missed it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That was interesting, if not awe inspiring :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Short review of it here (of the short cut version of the movie). Sounds interesting and I liked the original trailer that I saw...Plus I'm a sucker for things like this (own the FRAG documentary and Game Boys book and have seen other such insights into the world of competitive gaming). Want to pick it up.

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Whats the story with the full version? I may as well wait and watch that.

• Advertisement

He is going to EVO and filming a load of stuff...because its kind of the quintessential part of the fighting scene and he realised it would be silly not to have it in a fighting documentary.

After that, he releasing a slightly longer version. I doubt there is more then 15 mins extra footage tho. I would just watch it now, then watch the extra bits.

From what I saw of this it seemed to be Gootecks: The Motion Picture. Don't go in expecting anything near the calibre of King of Kong or anything like that.

Well personally I found it a bit disappointing.....but then I dislike "Gootecks" quite alot and as Dreddy said, he features prominently.

Hopefully the evo footage will be more focused on the matches and how different players approach the game.....practice, research, headgames, etc. It seemed to me the whole thing was more of an....abstract look at the whole thing while I was more interested in the nitty gritty.

I'd still really really love to see bang the machine. Watching one of the 'Dogface show' interviews yesterday with 's-kill' on it talking about some high drama involving him and a tourny in Japan, something to do with Alpha 2. He was saying how it was the lowest point of his SF career. This was all featured on the documentary, just sounds so interesting.

So annoying how its not available for people outside of the Evo going community (90% of SF fans) bah!

But anyway yeah, I did watch most of the 1st half of this but I think I'll still hold out for the rest of it.

& indeed Gootecks is in it a lot but I don't mind him that much. 1st time i heard of him was some commentary for some SF4 vid well before the game was out (and I watched every sf4 vid I could) and he sounded like a bit of a sap alright at the time but I don't really mind him that much anymore.

I don't mind him really, I just don't think it's an interesting approach to making a documentary.

indeed, I mean maybe the guy just couldn't get anyone else to talk to him lol.

I did a little review of the doc, here, for anyone interested, and with all relevant links to torrents, trailers and donate links for the director:

http://www.consoles.net/eu/news/93467/

I think it was too short. I would've liked to seen a lot more of Alex Valle and the history of the scene like the Legend of Tomo spot. He said something along the lines of 40 hours of footage and my preference is that a documentary can never have enough footage if it's informative.

well so far just the short version is out right? if so it seems to make no sense to complain about the length

But then again, he teased us with footage of Jchensor talking about Tomo Ohira.
    I want to know more about this man!

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    well so far just the short version is out right? if so it seems to make no sense to complain about the length
    By that logic, you couldn't criticize a game for being crap if it was the "crap" version of it. 'Short' is relative, of course, and forty minutes, to me, was too 'short'. It should have been at least an hour, I think.

• Advertisement

No, that's a terrible analogy! It's like criticising a game demo for being short. There's a longer version being brought out just like game demos eventually lead to full, longer games.

This is why I'm waiting for the full version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    This is why I'm waiting for the full version.

What's the eta for the full release?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    But then again, he teased us with footage of Jchensor talking about Tomo Ohira.
    I want to know more about this man!

Same, I have an old SF2 guide that has an interview with Tomo Ohira!

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    What's the eta for the full release?

Don't have a clue, basically waiting for someone to post it on these forums lol.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    No, that's a terrible analogy! It's like criticising a game demo for being short. There's a longer version being brought out just like game demos eventually lead to full, longer games.

A demo is a preview, not a version of. A cut is a version of something.

And the long cut should be released late winter or early spring, but I have a feeling it's closer to the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Spotted something on ESL-TV there. Looks like the short version is being run tonight @ 20:00 CEST. http://tv.esl.eu/de/program/

🤪

Advertisement