Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Bowling night - Stillorgan or Palmerstown?

Options
  • 16-06-2009 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Hiya, I am trying to organize a team evening out at work bowling for 10 people. We are going to get 2 lanes for 2 hours. I was looking at either Stillorgan or Palmerstown. A lot of the guys use public transport so Im not sure which one would be handier to get into the city centre from, or if there is any problems/ benefits with either.

Also, we'd probably be having some snacky type food while we are there. How would they be for that? Do either of them sell alcohol at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hiya thumpette,

I'm a Palmerstown veteran so much prefer it, especially since Stillorgan sold out to LeisurePlex :)

Superdome in Palmerstown is here.

To get to Palmerstown from the City Centre is easy, you can take the 25/25A/66/66A/67/67A and get off at the footbridge in Palmerstown, then walk up to the top of Kennelsfort Road and follow it around as it bends to the left. You'll see the shopping centre on the opposite side of the road.

This is the Superdome website. They do sell take away style food in there, not sure if they sell beer but there's a pub across the road from the shopping centre. UK bowling alleys are much better for selling beer and having decent food although I hear that in Dundalk you can buy a beer in the bowling centre.

You can also get the number 18 bus from Dublin city centre to Superdome but it takes a different route.

For Stillorgan, get the any of the 46A/63/84 buses. They are opposite Stillorgan shopping centre.

Advertisement