Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cooking with chorizo?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,053 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

all_smilz wrote: »
    yeah im gonna try to do a variation of that, the mint kind of puts me off tbh... i dont use it in my cooking much and the smell of mint sauce makes me ILL.... i do put it in juices or a bottle of water....

I too hate mint sauce or the smell of mint really cooked into something or the smell of dried mint, I get your fear.
    But nice, fresh mint stirred into a dish just before serving can be fantastic

Mint and corriander with lime zest and chilli added to an Asian style beef stew at the end.........heaven!

Mint and flat leaf parsley with onion, salt and lemon juice........with slow roast lamb.........rarrrrr!

I'm getting off the thread here......

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

YUMMMMMMM:P

Someones got style. nothing like a big steaming fragrant pile of mussels to pick on when the beers flowing. relaxed food, as it shoul be.

The night this was done, a mate of my chef was just home from the states for a hollier. works in a fine wine store in the states, and obviously brought a few "perfectly legal" samples with him. bottles of 1.5k wine, simple and savage mussel dish, happy days.

yeah im gonna try to do a variation of that, the mint kind of puts me off tbh... i dont use it in my cooking much and the smell of mint sauce makes me ILL.... i do put it in juices or a bottle of water....

Shame on you for not liking mint!:p

if your not keen on mint, flat parsley is good too. or a mixture of dill, chervil, and chive. use it under a piece of fish like hallibut......

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

Shame on you for not liking mint!:p

if your not keen on mint, flat parsley is good too. or a mixture of dill, chervil, and chive. use it under a piece of fish like hallibut......

um i dont like fish either....

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

All this talk of Chorizo has made me really want some :P Going to see if I can get it later in Lidl. Planning to have it in my pasta tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

megcork wrote: »
    All this talk of Chorizo has made me really want some :P Going to see if I can get it later in Lidl. Planning to have it in my pasta tonight

i just had it in my saturday morning breakfast omelette with mushrooms and feta! i didnt cut in into small enough cubes but it was good all the same.....

i am getting a HUGE lump of it today from my dads fiancee who works in gubbeen.... and a load of kilcrohane new potatoes....

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Yum yum yum. I've never had it at home yet but have had it on pizza and in a pasta dish when eating out :) So nice!

um i dont like fish either....

:o

Sweat it off with the onions, when making lasagne;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I was at a restaurant recently and they had a new potato, spring onion and chorizo crush for want of a better word.

It was amazing. It looks like they par boiled the new potatos (cut up into small chunks) and then fried them in olive oil with the chorizo and then added the spring onions at the end.

I tried it but my potatos became very mushy and it was not crispy and yummy like the restaurants. Do you think they baked the potatos instead?

If we figure this out it is a YUMMY way of cooking chorizo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Kimia wrote: »
    I was at a restaurant recently and they had a new potato, spring onion and chorizo crush for want of a better word.

It was amazing. It looks like they par boiled the new potatos (cut up into small chunks) and then fried them in olive oil with the chorizo and then added the spring onions at the end.

I tried it but my potatos became very mushy and it was not crispy and yummy like the restaurants. Do you think they baked the potatos instead?

If we figure this out it is a YUMMY way of cooking chorizo.

A dish like that is called hash, fyi.

Advertisement