Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost 3 Stone - Next Step Help?

• 16-06-2009 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

hi guys so basically About 7 months ago I gave up all fast food, crisps, chocolate, biscuits . I went from 14 stone to now 11 stone.

My diet consisted mainly of a bowl of porridge or muesli for breakfast. I would snack on cream crackers or toast . Also snacked on Apples & some WW products such as WW yoghurts. For dinner I would usually eat mainly chicken fillets. Also made alot of chicken currys with boiled rice.

As you can see I Wouldn't eat vegetables at all. I have tried numerous times to eat veg but I will physically get sick by eating them, Its a bad childhood habit that I have tried getting over many times. I have even tried "Hypnosis" but no luck.

So I lost 3 stone without using veg (Apart frm odd veg soup) and am at a healthy weight of 11 stone for 5.7 male . The problem is that I am still left with a belly and some moobs. Im wondering is it normal for people to be left with belly, love handles & moobs.
    Im pissed off after hard work of giving up junk I do not have the desired outcome of my big change. Im wondering should the belly & moobs go soon with more weight loss.

I also only joined a gym, Im wondering would running 30 mins on the threadmill 4 times a week be good cardio for losing weight??

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

i'd post this on the fitness boards re cardio- i was doing 45 mins -90mins of cardio in gym with NO effects til my instructor put me chopping and changing my routine and speeds and it was a MUCH better work out..... (having said that i have lapsed with my gym going)
    Maybe you should stick to soups or grate carrots into your sauces or use tinned tomatoes as a base? Its unusual to hate ALL veg.... also you could have juices and fruit as well?
    Resistance training would appear to be the way to go with making your muscles etc better as moobs and bellies wont go away with fat loss...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

Ya I posted it here because my main aim in to lose weight not build muscle. Im used this fourm before to start my diet and cutting out the junk i ate. So your saying i Should do resistence running as HIT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

First of all, well done! 3 stone is a massive achievement and you must be looking great.

If you still have unwanted moobs and a belly (and these might not be as significant as you think) you could probably stand to lose another few pounds, so I would stick to the healthy eating. These last pounds will take a while to shift and you may need to mix up your diet a bit.

Vegetables really are important. I would advise getting in a serving of vegetable soup every day - this will give you at least 2 portions of veg. Learn to make lots of different types of soup. Also, how do you do with sauces? You can make lots of sauces from vegetables and then liquidize them. For example, you could make a tomato based sauce to eat with pasta and beef or chicken...this way you're getting the nutrition and the vegetables are "hidden".

As for exercise, I know you are not interested in building muscle and you know what, that's grand because building muscle is very hard and requires a lot of work. However it is still a good idea to lift weights, as this is good for your bones and helps your body burn calories while you are resting (as your muscles need to repair).

I suggest doing 20 minutes of weightlifting in the gym before you do your running on the treadmill, 3 or 4 times a week. You can get advice from the gym instructor, or on the fitness forum.

Give yourself a few months and you will probably be much happier with your results. Great work so far! Good luck. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Hugoboss123

:cool:Well done with the weight loss pall
    Just started my own diet for NABBA MR Ireland I am currently 19 stone and need to strip down 3 stone to come in at about 3% body fat
    12 Weeks to go till D day

I would deffo include a cheat day to your diet so on a Sunday have anything you want for the day
    The other 6 days to bump up your metabolism I would eat 6 small meals a day rather than 3 large ones and try and drink up to 4 litres of water a day. In theory it sounds mad but it works. I am eating 8 high protein meals a day and low carbs and the weight flys of.
    Hit some basic weight compund movements before cardio like Bench/Squats/ barbell curls etc. Keep your rep range hight 15-20 and make sure you are sore as hell before you hit the cardio, break up body parts after a few weeks once you get used to exrecises and always ask for new things in your programme in thre gym
    Supplements might also work try a pre training formula like Hot Blood and some quality fat burners and one of your meals can be a Protein Shake
    All the best and well done with the hard work.
    Hugo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

heymayo wrote: »
    Also made alot of chicken currys with boiled rice.

As you can see I Wouldn't eat vegetables at all. I have tried numerous times to eat veg but I will physically get sick by eating them,
    I would recommend liquidising up some veg and adding lots of curry powder, this will mask the taste so you might not notice it as much. I did this with brocolli recently.
    heymayo wrote: »
    I also only joined a gym, Im wondering would running 30 mins on the threadmill 4 times a week be good cardio for losing weight??
    I would HIGHLY recommend taking up resistance training, i.e. lifting free weights, dumbbells & barbells, avoid the machines. The cardio will lose fat, and it is FAT you should focus on rather than just WEIGHT. I remained 12stone for ages lifting wieghts, I lost fat and gained muscle at the same rate, so got thinner. Still had some fat on my chest but the muscle behind the fat makes it not look like moobs, but just a stocky build.

Having extra muscle will increase your metabolism so you can eat more than if you did not have it.

Check the fitness forum for more advice on what to do in the gym http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=252

• Advertisement
Advertisement