Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Found: Digital Camera @ Take That

• 16-06-2009 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Sony digital camera found in section 418 Davin Stand between rows DD and V at the Take That concert.
    Contact suzierafter@yahoo.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Thats so nice of you to post here, I hope the person who lost it finds you.

The world needs more people like you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Heard this one todayfm this morning also....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

any chance u might post some of the pics??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Tallon wrote: »
    Thats so nice of you to post here, I hope the person who lost it finds you.

The world needs more people like you :)
    agreed, fair play, lots more people should take note

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

you're not serious?Unless you've lost a camera?Then email him

• Advertisement

....And then theres the other side of the scale

Why would you look at someone elses picture, Then have the cheek to upload them and then further more, take the time to post them here. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

....And then theres the other side of the scale

Why would you look at someone elses picture, Then have the cheek to upload them and then further more, take the time to post them here. :confused:
    Someone might know the people in the pics maybe.

You mean Take that? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

You mean Take that? lol

LOL...true.....there's a high probability of Robbie Williams claiming the camera if that's the case! :D

Fair play to the OP for starting the thread :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 suzierafter

Siobhan, do you think it might be yours? I don't want to put someone's private pics onto a public space.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

suzierafter don't post pictures of it or pictiures from it, if somebody thinks its their camera they should e-mail you giving a discription of the camera.

If their right then its their camera :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 suzierafter

Cabaal wrote: »
    suzierafter don't post pictures of it or pictiures from it, if somebody thinks its their camera they should e-mail you giving a discription of the camera.

If their right then its their camera :)

Thanks, I won't - don't worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

The chances of the owner logging on here and seeing this thread are slim to none, but pick a picture with a few ppl in it, (make sure they are decent) post it up here, put it on your facebook, bebeo , myspace and I bet you will find the owner!

This could be a cool expeiriment, I say post the Pic!

The chances of the owner logging on here and seeing this thread are slim to none, but pick a picture with a few ppl in it, (make sure they are decent) post it up here, put it on your facebook, bebeo , myspace and I bet you will find the owner!

You might want to read Cabaal's post.
    And also, its word of mouth that will help find it

I'd say talk to the staff at the venue, maybe they have a lost & found section

You might want to read Cabaal's post.
    And also, its word of mouth that will help find it

I did read Cabaal's post in fact I was replying to it, whats your point caller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I did read Cabaal's post in fact I was replying to it, whats your point caller?

Do you not read people's posts? Cabaal is a moderator. The moderator instructed suzie not to post pictures from the camera on this forum but you've encouraged the OP to do so. Tallon was merely looking out for you and asking had you not noticed Cabaal's instruction.

Thats what I was thinking. :(

Do you not read people's posts? Cabaal is a moderator. The moderator instructed suzie not to post pictures from the camera on this forum but you've encouraged the OP to do so. Tallon was merely looking out for you and asking had you not noticed Cabaal's instruction.

I was not aware that a moderator from another forum could come in here and tell people what they can and cannot post!

I like your bolding and underlining btw can you put together a tutorial of how to do this, I would like to add emphasis to my posts like this and feel ppl would take me more seriously!

Im sorry but I find backseat moderating really annoying. Im sure he knows that someone is a moderator and doesnt need you to be condescending about it. I agree with what he says about posting maybe a photo suitable, if there is one on the camera then maybe more people will see it and hopefully find the real owner.
    I also understand that the moderatorsaid not to do that, so we all have to agree with the moderators stance on this.
    There is nothing wrong with saying something might be a good idea if you think its a good idea.

See, its annoying isnt it when people bold things for no reason

anyways this isnt after hours so Ill just say, fair play to the original poster, not many people would do what you are doing. I hope you find out who the camera belongs to.

Sometimes people might use the memory card to store other stuff than photos on it, did you try them to see if there are any hints or anything?

This reminds me of the incident over the last few days when the guy left the lotto ticket behind and they printed his pic on the front of the national newspapers in a bid to track him down,

Here is a cool website, they even have a facebook group

http://ifoundyourcamera.blogspot.com/search/label/About

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Well I apologise if I got it wrong. I don't see Cabaals instruction as backseat moderating. It has been stated on boards that if a mod of a particular section isn't available/hasn't noticed something that it is perfectly acceptable for a mod from a different forum to step in.

I didn't feel I was being condescending. The poster was encouraging the OP to go against the instructions of Cabaal. Perhaps it's just me but I felt he was being a little smart in his reply to Tallon.

Personally I didn't find your posting in bold annoying but that might just be me.

Well I apologise if I got it wrong. I don't see Cabaals instruction as backseat moderating. It has been stated on boards that if a mod of a particular section isn't available/hasn't noticed something that it is perfectly acceptable for a mod from a different forum to step in.

I didn't feel I was being condescending. The poster was encouraging the OP to go against the instructions of Cabaal.

Personally I didn't find your posting in bold annoying but that might just be me.

I was calling you a backseat mod. Dont worry about it. We all do it.

how did that not annoy you. Even I wanna hit me haha.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I popped a post up over on the Take That thread on the Gig and Events forum that's currently running.
    If the OP's gonna up load them anywhere I'd reckon that'd be the best place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I like this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

Ignore Cabaal, post pics of the people close by, realistically how else are you going to find the owner?

Unless Barry of the pub on the bridge can enlighten us further?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm a mod but not a mod of this forum, accordingly I am just a normal user on this forum and you can agree or disagree with my posts same as anybody else....standard boards.ie rules :)

I wasn't in anyway back seat modding and was merely posting same as you, anyone who has assumed that I am is very much mistaken as I am well aware of the rules and have quoted them back to many a user on numerous forums over the past few years.

Dodgykeeper, there's a very valid reason why I advised the OP not to post any pictures from the camera.

I'd imagine the OP doesn't know how to strip EXIF data from the photos so if they post the photos they might as well post the make/model as anyone can just look at the EXIF and then e-mail them claiming its their camera :)

I'd fully agree that without posting photos the chances of the owner finding out about the camera are slim, but without stripping the exif the chances of some random scumbag claiming the camera is even higher.

Of course if the OP can strip the camera info from the EXIF then they perhaps they should go ahead and post pictures from it as it might be no harm especially if they include friends or something of the person perhaps taken before the concert, start a facebook site or something with them to try get the word out.

However this in itself raises the question of ownership, the OP didn't take the photos and as such is not the copyright holder so they don't really have the right to post somebody's photos up on websites without permission. But this all depends if the camera owner would be ok with this or not....of course we can't know that :)

So thats how I'm going to enlighten everyone further :pac:

Advertisement