Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGENTS-ARE-GO!!! (Elite Beat Agents-Nintendo DS)

Options
  • 16-06-2009 6:15pm
    Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭

Anyone who has played this will know it is the best rhythm action fun you can have on the go, anyone who has not played this, needs to buy it. Challenging, funny and genius...

The aim is tap numbered circles in time to the music in order to make a situation go well and save the day. Do well and the situation goes well, do badly and the situation goes badly...

Here's one of my personal favourites, "September" on hard (3rd of 4 difficulties). If there is anyone out there who plays it, I'd be happy to trade "Hard Rock" high scores!

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhyGaCNXRaI)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I usually think the DS is sh*t for those kind of games, GHOT being a prime example.
    But that looks f*cking hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Best game on the DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Best game on the DS.

Wouldn't be hard given the amount of utter rubbish released for that handheld.
    But i'm not gonna stroll off topic. :D

Ouendan (the first elite beat agents) was my first rhythm game that I really got into. I remember thinking it was so hard. I came back to it after playing GH for months and was surprised how much easier it was.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

You had the original Oueden, hardcore! I've A-ed a lot of the songs in EBA particularly the fast ones... Ones like "I was born to love you" are much harder I find, because there's that big delay where you're thinking, should I hit it yet?? Also, I'm not afraid to admit that "you're the inspiration" made me shed a tear... I AM A MAN!

Anyone who hasn't played this, let me put it thus... It is joy in cartridge form. It is actually worth buying a DS for, that's how good this is!

• Advertisement

Yeah I went Ouendan -> EBA -> Ouendan 2. EBA was a piece off piss compared to its japanese counterpart.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

[Review]

SO, rather than start a new thread I said I'd use this one, try to keep the place clean and tidy. Rhythm Paradise (or Rhythm Heaven in the U.S. or Rhythm Tengoken Gold in Japan!) is a Rhythm Action game for the Nintendo, and it is clearly Japanese, and therefore completely insane and absolutely awesome.

It's basically a bizarre mix of E.B.A. and something like Warioware. There are 6 main "sections" if you will, and each section has 4 mini-games and then one remix at the end which shoves all the mini-games into one awesome song.

It's one of those games that we "harcorez" RB/GH players might dismiss as probably for casual players, but some of the mini-games are very tough and strict, and all of them are FUN.

Yes, fun, remember that thing you used to have, before you were trying to gold star all the songs in RB, and then screaming at your drumset when it drops a note (because it's always the drums' fault!).

Anyway, if you have a DS and you're looking for a Rhythm game which doesn't have a GH or RB prefix, pick this up, it's a good laugh, and there's plenty here for the purist.

[/review]

^ It's awesome,everyone should play it.

Advertisement