Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Cotton Wool-like stuff in Zippos

• 16-06-2009 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

So, I was in Germany recently, and the over-zealous lady at the security screening made me take my Zippo apart and remove the cotton wool from the inside :mad:

Jaysis, I've had them all over the world, and that's never happened to me.

Anyway.

My question is, would normal, common-or-garden cotton wool do to re-pack it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

couldnt tell you des but the tobacco shop in talbot street would have the real stuff, if cotton wool isnt suitable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Did she let you keep the wick? ó_0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

couldnt tell you des but the tobacco shop in talbot street would have the real stuff, if cotton wool isnt suitable
    Where on Talbot Street is the tobacco shop?
    Did she let you keep the wick? ó_0

Aye.

It was so weird, she took the Zippo off me, then told me to go outside and remove the cotton wool, then I did it in front of her, left the wick in, then showed her it wouldn't light.

So she let me on my way.

Bleedin' Germans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Des wrote: »
    Where on Talbot Street is the tobacco shop?

if you are walking up from connolly its on the right just after gardiner street. right opp. the aib hole in the wall, next to singer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Des wrote: »
    It was so weird, she took the Zippo off me, then told me to go outside and remove the cotton wool, then I did it in front of her, left the wick in, then showed her it wouldn't light.
    Was not happy when my lighter fluid ran out after Hellfest (I blame the "slow" sets of Manowar), but was thankful when it went through French x-ray okay though :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I'm pretty sure normal cotton wool will do. Check out this lads videos about Zippos. really helpful and interesting. http://www.youtube.com/cutlerylover

Advertisement