Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website designer needed for Wrestling Promotion in Ireland.

Options
  • 16-06-2009 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

I run a professional wrestling training school in Dublin and we badly need a website to promote our school and upcoming shows etc...

I was wondering would anyone here know anyone at all who could do a website fairly cheap, before anyone asks our budget is pretty low. Any help would be great.

Cheers,
    Fight Factory Pro Wrestling.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Two things:

1) you'll probably be directed to adverts.ie
    2) if I said I wanted "professional wrestling training", but said I had a very low budget, what would you tell me ?

If you "badly need a website", then work out how badly you need it, work out what it's worth to you, and then approach a few people with an outline and a budget to see if it can be done.

Having no site is better than having a bad one; and until such time as good, solid and effective web design is appreciated properly in this country, this issue always crops up.

Your request hasn't even mentioned what you need; if you were asking someone to build a house for you, would budget be your primary concern ? Or would you say roughly what you needed and then try to get realistic quotes so that - while keeping the price reasonable - you ended up with what you wanted ?

Do you have a sign outside your business ? Is it a proper sign that gives the right impact, or is it a cardboard hand-written one because that was "cheaper" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Hi
    Have you many members or how busy do you think the website will be as wresting is a niche, popular topic I would be interested and could trade build with my own adverts on it providing you provided all the legal copy and pictures. I can show you copies of my websites if you pm me.

I'd be building it with Joomla CMS and customising a template

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭swordsinfo

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Hi
    Have you many members or how busy do you think the website will be as wresting is a niche, popular topic I would be interested and could trade build with my own adverts on it providing you provided all the legal copy and pictures. I can show you copies of my websites if you pm me.

I'd be building it with Joomla CMS and customising a template

top advice from the lads really

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Two things:

1) you'll probably be directed to adverts.ie
    2) if I said I wanted "professional wrestling training", but said I had a very low budget, what would you tell me ?

If you "badly need a website", then work out how badly you need it, work out what it's worth to you, and then approach a few people with an outline and a budget to see if it can be done.

Having no site is better than having a bad one; and until such time as good, solid and effective web design is appreciated properly in this country, this issue always crops up.

Your request hasn't even mentioned what you need; if you were asking someone to build a house for you, would budget be your primary concern ? Or would you say roughly what you needed and then try to get realistic quotes so that - while keeping the price reasonable - you ended up with what you wanted ?

Do you have a sign outside your business ? Is it a proper sign that gives the right impact, or is it a cardboard hand-written one because that was "cheaper" ?

What he said tbh.

Not spending money (depending on budget, but I guess in your case its very low) usually means you end up something poor that fails to achieve its main goal, and is not done to the standard. Anybody offering it very cheap, buyer be ware :p

Advertisement