Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this possible

Options
  • 16-06-2009 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Is it possible that when you get a new trigger sear as i did, that the FPS can be higher then before you get the new sear,I am refearing to a WE Baby Capa 3.8 that was shooting at about .65 Joule but now shooting at .94 Joule and i have also noticed that there is also more of a kick of it since, but i dont mined it make it feel more real:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Would anybody know if this is possible?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

It's possible that the old trigger sear was not operating correctly and the striker was not hitting the valve fully. Did you replace any springs or anything aswell?

It may also just be that in the dis/reassembly process, you cleared out some dirt/grease that was causing inefficient operation.

Or... being gas powered, if you chrono'd the first time in cold weather and the second time in warm weather, you'd see a good difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Hi capas sears wear down, the worn sear would have held the hammer back less, so it would hit the striker valve with less momentum, opening it less and for a shorter time.

The new sear will be holding the hammer back fully, fully striking the valve opening it further and for longer, releasing more gas.

kdouglas wrote: »
    It's possible that the old trigger sear was not operating correctly and the striker was not hitting the valve fully. Did you replace any springs or anything aswell?

It may also just be that in the dis/reassembly process, you cleared out some dirt/grease that was causing inefficient operation.

Or... being gas powered, if you chrono'd the first time in cold weather and the second time in warm weather, you'd see a good difference.

Well,i left it in a shop for repair due to a broken Trigger/Hammer sear (Thats what i was told was wrong with it) an when i got it chrono'd on Sunday is was .94 and yes i try to keep it as clean as possible,and yea it was warm on Sunday so..
    Now i could give two s**ts that its shooting at .94 the more the better:D
    but i am going to get it chrono'd by one of those Garda chrono sometime soon.

Hi capas sears wear down, the worn sear would have held the hammer back less, so it would hit the striker valve with less momentum, opening it less and for a shorter time.

The new sear will be holding the hammer back fully, fully striking the valve opening it further and for longer, releasing more gas.

And i think that the new Sear could be a TM part as they dont make WE sears anymore.

• Advertisement
Advertisement