Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S.C.S chartership

• 16-06-2009 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi,
    Wondering if any of you can help me..I'm currently registered with the S.C.S as a probationer member and undertaking my 24months training period to become a chartered Q.S. I am getting very confused with the P.Q.S.L and what exactly is required..Although the company Im working with are great they have never put anyone through the A.P.C before so aren't overly sure of the direction I shouldbe taking..
    I am wondering do the topics I need to study for the P.Q.S.L need to be of a complex nature to satisfy the examiners or is it more of a rounded knowledge that is required?If anybodys done the final interview in the past it would be great to chat you..
    Any opinion appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Jollyman

Hi Paudie,

Im a chartered surveyor, completed my apc september 2007. The PQSL is wide and varied learning, it can rage from courses at work to structured reading of industry magazines to meeting with your counsellor and attending the arranged courses by the scs you can see a full list of them on the website for the different regions www.scs.ie look up the CPD section.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭paudie2005

Thanks Jollyman,
    Any tips to pass on from your experience of doing the final interview? Words of wisdom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Jollyman

Paudie,

The best advice i could give you is to try and keep the nerves away, many of the lads in our office go in there knowing there stuff and just fold under the presure of the day, it is very dauning sitting in front of the panel of three and being quized for the hour. Make sure your presentation is good, and dont exceed the time limit. Be sure to be able to answer any and all questions that may crop up out of your presentation. How far along in the process are you? PM me your e mail address i can forward you some details.

Advertisement