Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Banning from the Rugby Forum

Options
  • 16-06-2009 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

I would like to complain about my banning from the rugby forum. I was banned for discussing a rugby player in a thread referring to him. Not once did I launch personal attacks against the player or anything of the sort simply criticised his playing ability. I was duly banned for 6 months. Now I took the ban but it is now 3 months on and I believe its time I be unbanned as it was extremely unfair in the first place. I wasn't allowed to participate in the glorious Leinster Heineken Cup champion threads due to the banning which was bad enough without having to refrain from discussing the Lions tour as well. I have tried to PM ruggiebear but he has ignored me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The thread wasn't about him though was it? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59990000#post59990000

I'll give Helpdesk access to RuggieBear to confirm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

It was discussing players on the Lions squad of which included Ronan O'Gara so I am perfectly entitled to mention him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Thanks G. That's the thread indeed.

The problem, RF, is that you repeatedly deride ROG on every other thread in Rugby. It does nothing to the smooth running of the forum as it simply drags threads off topic and/or into more tedious flamewars.

I've asked you to reign it in many times but you always revert to bashing the player.

Finally, I asked you not to talk about him at all yet you refused the moderation instruction and thus you have been banned till next season due to the cumulative number of bans and infractions you have been issued within the rugby forum.

Just be warned that once your ban is up, if you continue to bash ROG you will more than likely be given a permanent ban from the rugby forum.

ROG Bashing?

I criticised the player's ability backed up with reasons. Now surely on a forum where we discuss rugby players and team that is allowed?

Wheres the discussion if one is only allowed to sing postive praises of a player and ignore their shortcomings?

This was my response for which I was banned :

O'Gara has been playing shocking. He has never ever performed well consistently for Ireland because he cannot make the step up. O'Gara is good for Munster solely because he is playing at club level behind a full international pack which dominates all club teams however with Ireland when the pack isnt as dominient he falls to pieces. I do not want South Africa targetting the 10 channel with the frail O'Gara opposing they would destroy him! If it wasn't for the heroics of O'Driscoll against England O'Gara would of cost us the grandslam for **** sake! And dont mention the DK vs Wales hes an outhalf less than 10 metres from the posts a schoolboy could of got it i dont know why ROG got so much praise for it when really it was the pack that ensured the DK happened.

I disagreed with a poster who thought O'Gara should start and provided reason. That same poster even thanked my post. Then I was banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

you were banned for not following a moderators instructions.

Tbh i don't really have anything more to add.

Why shouldn't I be allowed to discuss a player? I never once personally abused him.

You only banned me to appease the Munster posters who couldn't stand anyone logically criticising any of their players.

bump. I refuse to be silenced for expressing an opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You can refuse to be silenced. It doesn't mean we have to agree.

You are a disruptive influence. You ignored the instruction given. You got banned.

Advertisement