Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enquiries on Henry Extra HVX200-22 vacuum cleaner

Options
  • 16-06-2009 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi folks,

My family have been using the Niflisk vacuum cleaner for over 20 years until it packed in last year so we got a new one called Electrolux PowerPlus 1800W as a gift from Christmas '08.

Unfortunately we are not impressed with its performance. The hose tends to get clogged up a few times. The power cord is a tad short & the dustbag is much smaller and it takes ages to empty all the stuff out from the dustbag into the bin (not to mention messy as well!) :mad:.

My family & I have decided that it's time to buy a new & much more reliable vacuum cleaner.

We have looked at all kinds of recommended brands such as Melie, Dyson & Niflisk and they come across quite expensive :eek: & above our limited budget :(. I'm not sure about Dyson as it got mostly bad reviews.

We came across one particular vacuum cleaner while surfing the web and it's called Henry Extra HVX200-22 from Numatic International. From what I have read, it sounds quite impressive (10M power cord & a 9-litre dustbag) and I'm aware it just costs under 200 euros at Argos.

Do you folks know where we can get it cheaper elsewhere apart from Argos in Dublin?

Have you tried Henry Extra? Does it work well as it says?

We would like to hear from you as soon as possible 'cos we plan to buy this particular vacuum cleaner next weekend.

Thanks, BatteryBoy.
    :)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Doesn't seem much different to the ordinary Henry (HVR200)? Only difference it seems to have is the turbo brushes.

I've the standard Henry, which was bought in Homebase for around €120 - for the price, it's hard to beat. Great reliable vac, and bags for them are large and cheap too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

You can't bate em. The ordinary one that is. Dont mind the extra brushes if it doesn't have any extra kilowatts no point in paying more for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Stove Fan

BatteryBoy wrote: »
    Hi folks,

My family have been using the Niflisk vacuum cleaner for over 20 years until it packed in last year so we got a new one called Electrolux PowerPlus 1800W as a gift from Christmas '08.

Unfortunately we are not impressed with its performance. The hose tends to get clogged up a few times. The power cord is a tad short & the dustbag is much smaller and it takes ages to empty all the stuff out from the dustbag into the bin (not to mention messy as well!) :mad:.

My family & I have decided that it's time to buy a new & much more reliable vacuum cleaner.

We have looked at all kinds of recommended brands such as Melie, Dyson & Niflisk and they come across quite expensive :eek: & above our limited budget :(. I'm not sure about Dyson as it got mostly bad reviews.

We came across one particular vacuum cleaner while surfing the web and it's called Henry Extra HVX200-22 from Numatic International. From what I have read, it sounds quite impressive (10M power cord & a 9-litre dustbag) and I'm aware it just costs under 200 euros at Argos.

Do you folks know where we can get it cheaper elsewhere apart from Argos in Dublin?

Have you tried Henry Extra? Does it work well as it says?

We would like to hear from you as soon as possible 'cos we plan to buy this particular vacuum cleaner next weekend.

Thanks, BatteryBoy.
    :)

We have this cleaner and to be honest I hardly ever use the (Hi) turbo function as trying to hoover a rug/carpet it's got so much suction its like a workout at a gym and leaves you sweating!! Seriously gripping the carpet on the non brush setting on the head!! Works fine on hard floors.

The normal Low setting on it's own does a very good job and we actually just throw the bags away when full.
    We have wooden and tiled floors with a couple of rugs.

We had a brown topped henry hoover and it was still working like day one at 21 years old:) All parts original and never any trouble!! Left it at the house when sold as had no room to bring it.

My advice buy the standard one as it should be just as good.

Stove Fan:)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭azzie

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

azzie wrote: »
    That's not the same model though. The HVX is a fair bit dearer than the HVR. That said, I'm not sure you get enough extras to warrant the price difference...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭azzie

Well, whichever one to go for, make sure you Google for the best price
    http://www.electrical123.com/products/ProductDetail.asp?ProductCode=NUM-CVC-HVX200A-RB&source=cj&utm_source=Affiliates&utm_medium=Links&utm_campaign=CJ
    A quick look gave me this one which again is cheaper than Argos.

Advertisement