Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC Punchestown

• 16-06-2009 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Anyone else going? And more importantly, does anyone know if the theres a bus going from Galway? It would be very appreciated by four rockers. Cheers

Also does anyone know if theres a bus going from Athlone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,479 ✭✭✭✭Victor

mikeglee wrote: »
    does anyone know if the theres a bus going from Galway?

https://194.106.151.95/asp/TourList.asp?specialevents=true#1
    There are currently no Special Events available from Bus Éireann, Bus Station, Galway

Phone them and ask if they are planning anything. If someone expresses interest, they are more likely to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

Yeah I'm going. I can't wait, should be a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I went to see them in April in London, and it was epic. Plus, they've got Thin Lizzy as a support act now too! John Sykes is a ****ing HERO. It should be an awesome gig...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

I'm heading down as well:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Zhivago have buses organised. €28.50 per ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Gonna be a great gig. Heading down with the aul lad as part of his fathers day present. Hope the weather will be alright though. Can't wait to see Lizzy either. The Answer.... not too sure about them. Will probably miss them anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

Zhivago have buses organised. €28.50 per ticket.

Alright mate. Is that Zhivago in Galway yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

DazMarz wrote: »
    I went to see them in April in London, and it was epic. Plus, they've got Thin Lizzy as a support act now too! John Sykes is a ****ing HERO. It should be an awesome gig...
    Does anyone know who else is on the bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

The Answer and Thin Lizzy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

3 f*cking awesome bands.

It's about damned time.

This will be very special, very special indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I'm only going because it seems like something that'd be worth being there for. I don't care for AC/DC or Thin Lizzy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Never been to Punchestown for a gig before, just wondering which is the best car park to go to if coming from Waterford direction, red or blue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

mikeglee wrote: »
    Alright mate. Is that Zhivago in Galway yeah?

Tis indeed mate. Bought my ticket yesterday, still some left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Hey all,

Is the Park and Ride in Newhall free or are tickets needed? The MCD info page is a bit confusing. There are Red and Blue carparks near the venue which you need tickets for. I'm assuming the Park and Ride facilities out by the motorway aren't ticketed though. Am I right?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

KerranJast wrote: »
    Hey all,

Is the Park and Ride in Newhall free or are tickets needed? The MCD info page is a bit confusing. There are Red and Blue carparks near the venue which you need tickets for. I'm assuming the Park and Ride facilities out by the motorway aren't ticketed though. Am I right?

At Oxegen the Park/Ride was free so im guessing it will be free for this gig. Yea i think if you park in Punchestown you need to buy a parking ticket afaik . Yea there are 2 Park/Rides iirc 1 at Goffs which you would pass if you were heading from Dublin towards naas. The Newhall one is the just outside Naas , if you are coming from dublin dont go into naas , just bypass it and head down the motorway and take the newbridge exit and then take a right and that should lead you into Newhall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

At Oxegen the Park/Ride was free so im guessing it will be free for this gig. Yea i think if you park in Punchestown you need to buy a parking ticket afaik . Yea there are 2 Park/Rides iirc 1 at Goffs which you would pass if you were heading from Dublin towards naas. The Newhall one is the just outside Naas , if you are coming from dublin dont go into naas , just bypass it and head down the motorway and take the newbridge exit and then take a right and that should lead you into Newhall
    Cool thanks. I'm coming up from Limerick/Cork myself so Newhall is on that side.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Messiah-19

Gonna be great!! any ideas on which time to get there to get as close to the front as possible??? or is there queues outside? Never been to Punchestown, so Im not sure...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Messiah-19 wrote: »
    Gonna be great!! any ideas on which time to get there to get as close to the front as possible??? or is there queues outside? Never been to Punchestown, so Im not sure...

Car Parks open: 14:00 hrs
    Gates: 16:00 hrs
    The Answer: 17.00 hrs
    Thin Lizzy: 18.30 hrs
    AC/DC: 20.30 hrs

Yea you can que at Punchestown. Eh i dont no what time you should start we are gonna head over at around 1:30 or 2 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 zarleyman

Two of my friends have bailed out so I have a pair of tickets available at face value (76.50 each).
    I'll take €150 for the pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bren32

I hope the organisers have learned their lesson from Slane re the bars and buses!

• Advertisement

Thin Lizzy have pulled out due to the drummer being injured and they have replaced them with ... THE BLIZZARDS....

:(

*quick youtube search to find out who the hell The Blizzards are*

Oh dear. Oh deary, deary me.

Looks like I'm going to be spending a lot of time at the back, near the bar, with earplugs. That is NOT the kind of music anyone going to Punchestown wants to hear.

Sarky, funnily enough I did the same. I was unsure if they were as annoying as I remember and sadly they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

The Blizzards? Oh my oh my oh my oh my, who wants poppy rubbish at a rock/metal gig? They are going to get destroyed...

More time for beer drinking I suppose...

If the pricing is similar to the O2 bars in April, it'll be whiskey all the way. I'll need something strong to get the bad taste out of my mouth when those pansies start playing.

Hip Flask is a great invention.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Ah thats crap alright, jeez they could've got someone better than them:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

Tis indeed mate. Bought my ticket yesterday, still some left.

Got mine today, they've filled one bus and sounds like there isn't too many spaces left on the second bus. Anyone else looking for a bus ticket would be advised to get down there soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

Gridlock wrote: »
    Ah thats crap alright, jeez they could've got someone better than them:eek:

Indeed. It wouldnt be hard to find someone better. More bar time though. The Blizzards will be thankful there's only plastic glasses at this event........

Advertisement