Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC Punchestown

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I was all lined up to go but my best mate put on his 21st the night before so i can't head up :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭fluke

x43r0 wrote: »
    I was all lined up to go but my best mate put on his 21st the night before so i can't head up :mad:

aw man just go, even if you miss the support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

The running order better be First, Blizzards. Second, The Answer. If it is the pther way, the blizzards better set up their kit at the back of the stage, so the rain of coins will not reach them Antbody see The Feeling when they supported Aerosmith? Id say they had to brush all the coins off the stage after, it was a constant rain:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

I never heard of either The Answer, or The Blizzard before today. I just checked them out on youtube, they both suck.
    It all fits into the pleasure-pain theory though.
    We'll be tormented by the support acts first, but then AC/DC will be on to redeem the night. ANGUS! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

My Dad got me a ticket for doing my Leaving Cert! :) The down side, I'm going with him and his friend, I don't know anybody else going! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Cathy666 wrote: »
    I never heard of either The Answer, or The Blizzard before today. I just checked them out on youtube, they both suck.
    It all fits into the pleasure-pain theory though.
    We'll be tormented by the support acts first, but then AC/DC will be on to redeem the night. ANGUS! :D

You are incorrect. The Answer are really rather good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

Sarky wrote: »
    You are incorrect. The Answer are really rather good.

That's a matter of opinion. I'd hardly call it incorrect. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭damoz

Two of my friends have bailed out.

I have a pair of tickets available at face value (76.50 each).

I'll take any reasonable offer though. PM me if interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Just checked out the Blizzards there on youtube.

I know there wasn't much notice on Lizzy but the replacement idea is wholly inappropriate for an ACDC gig. Haven't seen anything as ludicrous since Jimi H supported the Monkees! :pac:

A regular pub band playing classic rock covers would get a better reception from the crowd. I wouldnt' care who they were once they rocked.

I think the Answer are OK in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭astroguy

I can't believe that The Blizzards have been chosen to replace Thin Lizzy. The Blizzards are a joke, they are not really the type of band who should be on the same bill as ac/dc. Now I can understand that it is very short notice and maybe the promoters got them because they are an Irish band and they could do with a big gig but wouldn't it be better if The Answer maybe started a bit later and not have a third band? They have been touring with ac/dc for some time and are a pretty good band, much more suitable for an ac/dc concert imho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nwoicr

There are lots of bands from Ireland that would suit opening for AC/DC. Its typical of Irish promoters to put their own bands on these bills. This kind of thing would not happen anywhere else in the world, the fans just would not stand for it. If this gig was in the UK, Germany Sweden etc there would be metal band on this bill , 2-3 international bands and maybe 2 local ones getting a chance.

We in Ireland have the most succesful artist per head of capita in the world and why are none of these sucessful acts Metal? Simply because there is no infrastructure here to support them. The reason the Answer have got on so well is that they reside in the UK. If they were from the south they would probably still be struggling to get gigs.

Ive seen so many international heavy rock acts come to ireland and indie type bands get put on to support them, They win over no new fans. Its a pointless exercise. If the promoters gave Irish heavy rock acts a chance maybe there would be a healthier scene in Ireland. None of the the organisations that count in Ireland in the music give local metal/rock bands a chance because the people that work in these places dont like Metal and look at it as an inferior style of music and treat its fans as such.

The Blizzards will win over absolutely no new fans on Sunday but will come out with a very good IMRO cheque in performance royalties so its well worth it for them. I dont dislike them, I dont anything for them, sure they are the real deal for Oxygen and Slane with Oasis but they are not suited at a heavy rock gig.

Its time MCD and Aiken gave the local heavy rock acts a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I remember Linkin Park supporting Metallica at the RDS a few years back and the abuse they got. I don't like saying it but this is going to be a whole lot worse although i hope not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Messiah-19 wrote: »
    Gonna be great!! any ideas on which time to get there to get as close to the front as possible??? or is there queues outside? Never been to Punchestown, so Im not sure...

When is there not a queue to a concert? You can actually be at the back of the queue and still get a good spot. The first thing everybody always does is go straight to the bar, and then after that, they'll go to the merch tables. If you don't bother drinking and bring bottled water or whatever in with you, you can just walk straight up to the front with no bother. Thing is though, if you want to keep your spot, you can't go anywhere.

Numina wrote: »
    When is there not a queue to a concert? You can actually be at the back of the queue and still get a good spot. The first thing everybody always does is go straight to the bar, and then after that, they'll go to the merch tables. If you don't bother drinking and bring bottled water or whatever in with you, you can just walk straight up to the front with no bother. Thing is though, if you want to keep your spot, you can't go anywhere.

I'm 6'2" so don't need to worry about getting a good spot. Problem is the missus is 5'4"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I'm 6'2" so don't need to worry about getting a good spot. Problem is the missus is 5'4"...

Yeah, good for you, you can just barge your way to the front and stand in front of smaller people, blocking their view. Awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

for the price of the ticket , you would have thought they could have done a bit better on the support and the number of support acts too, you can be guaranteed these tow acts cost next to nothing to get if anything.

Numina wrote: »
    Yeah, good for you, you can just barge your way to the front and stand in front of smaller people, blocking their view. Awesome.

Not at all, what I meant is I have a good view from wherever I stand. It's not my style to frogmarch my way through the crowd to the front anyway, easier to get a lift on top of people!

Hopefully with the older crowd at this gig at least the majority of people will spend their time enjoying the actual gig instead of spending the whole time recording it. That is so lame but I guess everyone to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Jay P wrote: »
    My Dad got me a ticket for doing my Leaving Cert! :) The down side, I'm going with him and his friend, I don't know anybody else going! :pac:

I'm going with my dad. Gonna have a right old laugh. Don't know much of the Answer but I may only catch the end of their set if they're on first. As for the Blizzards......... Well..... Not the right band for this type of gig. Lazy on the promoters side I think.

Anyone else but these goons. Someone give Airbourne a shout and see what they're doing that night.

Hopefully with the older crowd at this gig at least the majority of people will spend their time enjoying the actual gig instead of spending the whole time recording it. That is so lame but I guess everyone to their own.

If the April concert was anything to go by, everyone will calm down around song 3-4, stop all that stupid moshing crap, and get down to the serious business of rockin' out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

People pay their money they are entitled to do as they please at shows unless it's causing a danger etc etc , if they want to watch the gig through a view finder fine they have the right, as much as you have the right to watch them watch the gig through a view finder :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

To the poster worried about going with his Dad you should be proud you have a Dad with such fine taste :)

I went to the April gig with the Arl fella (im 27) I think he enjoyed it more than me hehe, up the front refusing to move until they came on. Unfortunatly he cant make the outdoor one due to "her in doors :D) so stuck with a spare ticket :/

To the poster worried about going with his Dad you should be proud you have a Dad with such fine taste :)

I went to the April gig with the Arl fella (im 27) I think he enjoyed it more than me hehe, up the front refusing to move until they came on. Unfortunatly he cant make the outdoor one due to "her in doors :D) so stuck with a spare ticket :/

Aye. I'm 20 and heading with my dad. Gonna be excellent!

calex71 wrote: »
    People pay their money they are entitled to do as they please at shows unless it's causing a danger etc etc , if they want to watch the gig through a view finder fine they have the right, as much as you have the right to watch them watch the gig through a view finder :D

No doubt and I agree to an extent but in doing so there are two things that I think people miss out on. First, watching a live gig through your phone when your 50 meters from the stage is lame. This is a great way to let a gig and the thousands of moments that comprise a gig pass you by because you are watching a 1 1/2 inch screen 8 inches from your face when you can be getting a proper panoramic view of the whole show laid out in front of you. Also you can let the people behind you see the stage and not your fine new shiny Nokia 873292835.

Just not my preferred way but it is different courses for different horses (or in reverse). Irregardless here's to a great gig! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I haven't seen them since 1996 so i'm really looking forward to this gig.

Damn straight. It proves that the music is timeless, and that your dad rocks.

Just two more days. Gonna be an epic gig. Can't wait for it. Fair enough the Blizzards may not be the best band for a support but sure what can you do?

Drink and rock the fcuk out!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Been about 15 years since I saw them last, this gig seems to of snuck up on me... roll on waking Sunday morning and thinking "this time tomorrow my ears will still be buzzing"... Can't wait now, AC/DC and expensive beer in a field, lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

Me, both of my brothers and a load of our friends are going! there isnt one non-fan among us either. Let There be Rock \m/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

How can I get to Punchestown and Back ???

Are CIE laying on Busses, do I have to book ???? Can i bring a car ??

All travel details would be well appreciated !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Het-Field wrote: »
    How can I get to Punchestown and Back ???

Are CIE laying on Busses, do I have to book ???? Can i bring a car ??

All travel details would be well appreciated !!

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=4057922&ar=ac/dc

Advertisement