Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC Punchestown

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I can't wait. The gig a few months back was probably the best gig I've ever seen. I am disappointed about the blizzards being put on but fect it - it means I can now leave the house later!

To all those who are concerned about going to the gig with their da - don't forget who you are going to see - they may be older than your da!
    x43r0 wrote: »
    I was all lined up to go but my best mate put on his 21st the night before so i can't head up :mad:
    What kind of mate would do that to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 j2hig

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah THUNDER!!!!

Its gonna be epic

Person with 21st clashin with the gig.....its AC ****in DC!! 21st is another piss up with a cake half way through!

For those about to rock...we salute you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

kbannon wrote: »
    I can't wait. The gig a few months back was probably the best gig I've ever seen. I am disappointed about the blizzards being put on but fect it - it means I can now leave the house later!

To all those who are concerned about going to the gig with their da - don't forget who you are going to see - they may be older than your da!

What kind of mate would do that to you?

yes, a true friend would never do that:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

The Blizzards LMFAO

Ummmm has anyone thought of the fact that theres a lot of stones/loose gravel in punchestown and theres gonna be a lotta scummy types at this gig that WONT like the blizzards..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I'm so pumped! I shaved AC/DC into my ample chest-hair on Tuesday in preparation. If any of you crazy retarded motherf*ckers see an even crazier, more retarded motherf*ucker rocking out harder than you thought possible with kick-ass letters in his mane of body hair, be sure to say "Hi Michael!" Because it will be me.

Rock?

Rock.

RRROOOCCCKKK!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭sean6477

Since the bars gonna be packed all day, anyone know would it be possible to sneak in a couple of naggins `o whiskey??

Just a few hours left!

Blizzards! Blizzards! Blizzards!
    I mean Angus! Angus! Angus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I hope they don't play a lot from their new album apart from maybe Skies On Fire, Rock N' Roll Train and Black Ice.

Bring it on!!!!

That_Guy wrote: »
    I hope they don't play a lot from their new album apart from maybe Skies On Fire, Rock N' Roll Train and Black Ice.

Bring it on!!!!
    They'll open with Rock n' Roll Train, and also play Big Jack, War Machine, Anything Goes and Black Ice. That's what they played at the O2, and AC/DC don't vary their sets.

...but there was loads of older stuff also!

• Advertisement

Man, I am in so much pain right now! I have never been so conclusively battered in my life. Great gig though! The setlist was identical to the O2 gig except they dropped Back In Black (WTF?!) and replaced it with Dog Eat Dog.

Any of you guys see me? My AC/DC shaved chest hair seemed to get a huge response, which was the whole point. I'm an unashamed attention whore. I must have been in at least fifty photographs, but probably way more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Wacker wrote: »
    Man, I am in so much pain right now! I have never been so conclusively battered in my life. Great gig though! The setlist was identical to the O2 gig except they dropped Back In Black (WTF?!) and replaced it with Dog Eat Dog.

Any of you guys see me? My AC/DC shaved chest hair seemed to get a huge response, which was the whole point. I'm an unashamed attention whore. I must have been in at least fifty photographs, but probably way more.

They didn't drop back in black. They played it and dog eat dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Back in Black was played as the second song man!

How on earth could you have missed that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What an epic gig. After all these years they can still put on one hell of a show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I saw you, that didnt look shaved, it looked waxed. The AC/DC words were bright red. I winced for you :)

Another crowd icon was the Angus lookalike. He came to the show with a wooden guitar with a doorhandle screwed onto it.

Man some of those pyramid collapses must have caused some broken bones as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Eh was someone in the jacks when they started? Back in black was played at half 9 (not a nerd with a notebook keepin the time i just checked my phone and the vid i have of it is timestamped at half 9 :) )

On a personal note Three and a half hours on a bus journey that should have taken 25 mins tops, a further 1 and a 1/2 km walk to the concert venue, got lashed outta it with the rain, my legs and back are still sore, havin to queue for a dublin bus back for ages ..........was it worth it? YOU BET YOUR F*CKIN LIFE IT WAS IT WAS AC MOTHERF*CKIN DC MAN

36 years? Pfft sounded like they were only starting out, ok if you look at them you see the age but jesus what a show!!

Excellent gig (someone never told them they were in Kildare!).

Fair play to yer woman who got them out during The Jack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

They were quality boobies :D No bother to her no messing around she knew the score. ACDC were great simply brilliant. Mr Young in theraised stage rain belting down giving it loads.. I salute you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Fair play to yer woman who got them out during The Jack!

Agreed. Shame the rest of the women were the "old biddy", Irish Conservatives, and refused to show any flesh :(

Amazing night. They really put on an amazing show. Too many high points to mention. I took a mate who had NO knowledge of AC/DC, and he has come home a convert to the gospel. Mr Young can still rock it, and has not lost his ADD style tendancies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Missed the build up and all of the supports too, 3.5 hours to get stuck 2k outside the gig, walked the rest of the way with many, many others... But as soon as AC/DC got on the stage it was all forgotten, superb in every way.. reminded me that I should attend more gigs and I will... although never again will I attempt to go to one in Punchestown, the almost riots at the buses was like something out of a biblical epic...

Great atmosphere there too, although my wife who had not attended a rock gig before was surprised at how many people were so wasted they could hardly see the band... I never mentioned the horrors that I'd witnessed in the Monsters of Rock gigs in the early nineties....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Het-Field wrote: »
    Agreed. Shame the rest of the women were the "old biddy", Irish Conservatives, and refused to show any flesh :(

Amazing night. They really put on an amazing show. Too many high points to mention. I took a mate who had NO knowledge of AC/DC, and he has come home a convert to the gospel. Mr Young can still rock it, and has not lost his ADD style tendancies.

Did-ya notice how when the camera kept flashing back to her she was trying to do some sort of sexy stripper dancing and falling off whoevers shoulders she was on....:pac:

Rock n' Roll though. Fair play to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MISSEYMOON

AC/DC in Punchestown - what a gig. Best band I've seen in YEARS.
    Pity about the 2 hour wait to get out of the field where we were parked though. Took 4 hours to do a 50 min trip home.

That aside, it was worth it just to see the band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Thats my 3rd AC/DC show in 8 months and i have to say,they never disappoint. I prefer the intimacy of an indoor show but i gotta hand it to them,they had everyones undivided attention for a couple of hours last night,and in atrocious weather too!!

mmm boobies :D
    warning - Probably NSFW

I cant move my arm! Woke up this morning and its just not workin!
    So worth it!

Angus's 3 and a half day long solo was insane! The man genuinely 60+ and rockin just as hard as back in the day. Seein him in the lashin rain on his own podium with just him and his guitar...something i will never forget. A complete legend!

What an epicly biblical gig.

We salute you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

j2hig wrote: »
    I cant move my arm! Woke up this morning and its just not workin!
    So worth it!

Angus's 3 and a half day long solo was insane! The man genuinely 60+ and rockin just as hard as back in the day. Seein him in the lashin rain on his own podium with just him and his guitar...something i will never forget. A complete legend!

What an epicly biblical gig.

We salute you
    It was a weird juxtaposition during his rain dance. If you looked at the monitor you saw a 60 year old pumping sweat tearing up the fretboard. If you looked over at the raised platform you saw an illuminated guitar legend through the shimmering rain who couldn't have been a day over 30. Fantastic image. Should be their next album cover if someone managed to get a professional shot of it.

KerranJast wrote: »
    If you looked over at the raised platform you saw an illuminated guitar legend through the shimmering rain who couldn't have been a day over 30. Fantastic image. Should be their next album cover if someone managed to get a professional shot of it.

You're definitely on to something there! Would be an amazing image even for a poster.

"The legend that is Angus Young"
    Or a newspaper with some cheesy slogan lyk "Still Young at heart"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭gerocks

Best gig i've been to in all my 30 years on this green & blue orb!

Angus was just class.

Jumpy wrote: »
    I saw you, that didnt look shaved, it looked waxed. The AC/DC words were bright red. I winced for you :)

Another crowd icon was the Angus lookalike. He came to the show with a wooden guitar with a doorhandle screwed onto it.

Man some of those pyramid collapses must have caused some broken bones as well.
    It was shaved, trust me! Some chick decided to colour it in with lipstick (bless her heart!), hence the redness.

To all those wondering how I missed Back in Black, I have no idea! It must have been something to do with the fact that I was close to death in there! Rock n' Roll!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

That was hilarious. "Goodnight Dublin!" Yeah, we're not in Dublin.

It was good. I don't really care for AC/DC, they're just too repetitive for me, they seem almost autistic in the way that they've been doing the exact same thing for pretty much all their lives. They've pretty much been playing the same "Greatest hits" shows, breaking out the same old props and tricks that they've had for what seems like forever. And I just can't stand that.

They were entertaining though, even though were I was standing they kept losing the crowd, less than warm reception to the stuff off Black Ice compared to other songs, but all the older songs people seemed pretty into it. Very solid live show, pretty funny when the Rosie doll was fully inflated except for the head, and the head just kind of popped out of the body. And Angus going nuts on his scissor lift just looked iconic in the rain with the light beaming onto him. So it was a well done show, but for me, doesn't rank even close to others.

Advertisement