Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC Punchestown

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

UNBELIEVABLE night,,, am sooo bloody sore now but it was more than worth it!!
    Angus is AMAZING!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

A journey that normally takes 3.5hrs took 8hrs. Should have been a different venue; getting there from N7 was a nightmare. Okay 1hr was piss stops and 3.5hrs driving, but 3hrs from the N7 to the bus park was a bit of an adventure: now I can say I've stood on the N7 carriageway and had a beer and a ciggie.:D Craic was good!!!

Fantastic gig. It's 18 years since I saw them in the Point and the fact that they gave 110% both in the production and in playing the gig says it all: true legends :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

kbannon wrote: »
    mmm boobies :D
    warning - Probably NSFW

I was right next to you. I was up at the barrier a bit to the left. I can see my hand in that video.

The was the best gig of my life. The Answer were brilliant and ACDC.... Words can't describe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Absolutely brilliant gig. Delighted i went early, didnt know they were giving Pit passes so i was chuffed to bits to get mine. What a Day, and i got on a bus and out of there early enough too so big happy head on me last night

Sorry its a bit jumpy but i was jumping:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Ha wacker saw you there :D Also did anybody else spot the guy in green who was doing a kind of drunken moonwalk and falling backwards every time he tried to stand. Poor soul was out of his gourd before they even started. :D Also the guy that fell up against the piss fence, talk about ossified:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Angus Solo

(none of the vids are mine BTW - no zoom on camera video!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cabbaginho

Oi Oi Oi Oi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQHFB2RXL1o

(Haven't quite grasped the embedding a video. Apologies.)

Poor quality vid but crackin tune.

Sore as hell today but man was it worth it.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Bugg wrote: »

Meh TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭smcb

definitely the best gig i have ever ever been to. can't even remember walking into the gig, soon came round a bit when the rain started beating down. car parks afterwards were a disaster, 3 hours walking round only to end up on a different bus home, no doubt it was all worth it though. legends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

Absolutely brill gig. Angus is some mental!!
    But yeah bus's were a disaster to find & why are they nearly all white!! I don't know how people that were seriously wasted managed. It was all worth it though..

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Damn!!

Music was great, Angus rocked.. atmosphere was brilliant, organisation was utter utter rubbish..

the non music high point of the concert for me was the hammered woman trying to get her top off and her teenaged kids pleading with her to put it back on..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Numina wrote: »
    That was hilarious. "Goodnight Dublin!" Yeah, we're not in Dublin.

Axl done the same thing with G N'R @ Slane in '92:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

oustanding show. Was right in the pit. Angus is superhuman! getting out of there was a disaster though I have to say.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I usually prefer the indoor setting, but this was a savage gig.
    One guy was telling me it was the best gig of theirs he had been at- he had seen them seven or eight times since 1981!
    AC/DC, although not my favourite band by any means, are without doubt the band i've most enjoyed seeing live. I just hope Sunday does not prove to be their last visit to Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lil-evil

The organisation was sh!t ... Ended up walking from N7 took an hour & half.

Didn't think it was that great a concert and i lve their music ... Thnk the sound of Punchestown isn't the best.

Should have gone to the O2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,702 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Greatest rock gig I've ever been at.

Legends.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

lil-evil wrote: »
    The organisation was sh!t ... Ended up walking from N7 took an hour & half.

Didn't think it was that great a concert and i lve their music ... Thnk the sound of Punchestown isn't the best.

Should have gone to the O2
    I was at the O2 and it was brilliant but you can't really compare an intimate gig with a large outdoor venue (especially with the rain, etc.).
    However, I have seen several outdoor gigs (Slane, RDS, etc.) and this was much better.
    I walked from the Goffs P&R which took over an hour - however, it was all forgotten once I got in. Apparently (according to some gardai) the reason was due in part to people double parking along some of the bus routes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

And they say the guards have no sense of humour... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Greatest rock gig I've ever been at.

Legends.

It wasn't in the Top 10 AC/DC shows that I have seen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The only way, to travel to any large gig is by mototbike, I took mine and was right into the heart of it in an hour from South Dublin, no probs leaving, free parking, slice through jammed traffic and also found Gardai helpful with directions etc. Gig was also awesome, they had the best of PA, FX's were second to none and would rate them among the top preformers Ive ever been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cabbaginho

In fairness I thought the sound was brilliant. Crisp and f*cking loud just like it should be.

Didn't think the organisation was all that bad but then again I did end up wanderin around the bus car-park lookin for my coach for over an hour.

I do wonder though, how come I never seem to have hassle getting in or out of Punchestown and all the capitol folk always seem to have a mare?

Why don't people leave home earlier in the day? Surely the extra drinkin time is an incentive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 carrickmore_tec

does anyone know if there will be a DVD made of this? and does anyone have any decent photos of the crowd and stuff??

a gig that i will never forget for good and bad reasons!!

rock on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Cabbaginho wrote: »
    I do wonder though, how come I never seem to have hassle getting in or out of Punchestown and all the capitol folk always seem to have a mare?

Why don't people leave home earlier in the day? Surely the extra drinkin time is an incentive?

In fairness with the Dubs in action at croker there were a lot of people double-gigging so to speak,traffic coming from the city would've been considerably heavier after 18.00 on sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

j2hig wrote: »

Angus's 3 and a half day long solo was insane! The man genuinely 60+ and rockin just as hard as back in the day.
    KerranJast wrote: »
    If you looked at the monitor you saw a 60 year old pumping sweat tearing up the fretboard. If you looked over at the raised platform you saw an illuminated guitar legend through the shimmering rain who couldn't have been a day over 30.

*cough*....he's 54, not 60, or 60+....*cough* ;)

Credit him back those precious 6 years lads :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

That really was a fantastic gig! The show was awesome, and the traffic problems and rain didn't even matter in the end.

Some good memories of that blow up Rosie:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nnqKV5YriQ

I still think Iron Maiden and Helloween are the best live bands I've seen, but AcDc are definitely up there in my top 5 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭fruitbats

I saw ACDC at both venues this year and the O2 was the best Gig i was ever at since i saw Pantera in the Point 92. It was a Pity that such a large venue didn’t do the band credit. 10/10 at the 02 and Punchestown was a 6/10, unfortunately the only difference was the venue/rain etc, ACDC were the reliable professional self’s. On another note Brian Johnson vocals were amazing, His operation paid off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Copyright

ACDC were amazing, but I didnt enjoy it as much as the one in the 02, I dont like out door concerts that much, especially at punchestown
    the show at the 02 was amazing :D

There my favourite band of all time,
    THEY ROCK.

Hopefully its not there last time in Ireland, But It looks like brian johnson is retiring from acdc in december 2010 ( he told a magizine ) then a rumour is they'l take a break for 5 years and do a farewell tour with a new singer :S :(
    But I do know that the tour was set to end in may but they said it will goto december 2010 now, no dates have been added up to then yet, so maybe back to europe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

Metallica wasnt nearly as good a ACDC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

im sorry but AC/DC are a broken record, same song over and over and the lead singer looks and sounds like a pissed off farmer ;)

Advertisement