Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living on Eyre Square.

Options
  • 16-06-2009 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

Can anybody tell what its like living there? Especially as regards noise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Authorin

I live just around the corner from Eyre Sq, on forster st and have not experienced any noise. It depends on where in the sq u plan on living. It's really handy though!! Step out my door and fall into a pub. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

They don't allow camping AFAIK, or caravans for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Where are you thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Council vacuum cleaners early in the morning, not sure what time they do the square, but it's 5:30 ish on High St, and 6am on Abbeygate.

Close to Supermacs is apparently a zoo in the early am's (never been there myself).

But the convenience may well make up for the noise. Dunnes becomes like an extension of your pantry. Your favourite pub can become your living room. Etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

The council street cleaners made my mornings off a misery!! 5.30 they'd start....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Authorin wrote: »
    Step out my door and fall into a pub. :D
    What?

I usually fall OUT of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you want to live in the city you can expect noise to be a factor.
    Where exactly? On the square or on a side street? I think St Pats Avenue is quiet.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The houses on top of the Eyre Square Centre can be pretty noisy, but it's mostly the neighbours more than any sounds from the square itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

It's probably the cleaners that'll get to you more than anything else, but even still it mightn't be that bad depending on where you are.
    If you want to live anywhere near town you'll probably have to put up with the cleaners though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rdow

I live on prospect hill, just up from Cuba and once my windows are closed the noise doesnt keep me awake, but it wrecks my house mates head but once the window is open, like in the heat over the last couple of weeks its actually impossible to sleep, the road is really busy and the drunk screaming wakes me up alot, although whatever they're saying is usually hilarious and then the street sweepers SO early!! BUT I think it's worth it to live so close to everything although you'd prob find a quieter street nearby.

• Advertisement
Advertisement