Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help - cant find network adaptor

Options
  • 16-06-2009 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

Hi
    we ahve just installed a brand new hard drive. Now after installing the windows xp operating system , we cannot access the internet , because it says that it cannot find the network card/driver.

Its a hp compaq d330m and have tried downloading from HP website , but that wont work.

Neither BT nor HP can help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Hi
    we ahve just installed a brand new hard drive. Now after installing the windows xp operating system , we cannot access the internet , because it says that it cannot find the network card/driver.

Its a hp compaq d330m and have tried downloading from HP website , but that wont work.

Neither BT nor HP can help

does your computer 'see' the router?

Is your network card a build in one on your motherboard?

I had problems myself and ended up buying a new network card for €10, unless you like finding the problem it's hardly worth the hassle. Pick up a PCI network card and install it, done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

My PC is not seeing the router.
    There are yellow question marks on the 'other devices ' in device manager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

u need ur p compaq d330m driver disk, failing that try another pc and get online and see if u can hunt down the driver

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

+1. I heard that some D330Ms shipped without a driver disk (saw complaints about it elsewhere) so you might be stuck hunting for a driver download :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

• Advertisement
Advertisement