Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PL fixture list announced tomorrow - please read this thread carefully

• 16-06-2009 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭

This migt apply more to the admins for consideration, but technically it ain't kosher for the 2009/2010 fixture lists to be published here, without Boards stumping up a hefty fee.

See this for more.

What a bizarre and bollox rule.

Mod edit:

Guys, this is strictly enforced by the PL, so we'd ask that you don't land boards in any legal trouble. GuanYin's post below gives guidance on this, please help us out here.

We'd appreciate you reporting any posts that are dodgy with this in mind.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Thats bull**** :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

don't worry boards is good for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

On a totally unrelated issue, I think we should make our own fantasy football league using teams we make up, say two fictional Merseyside clubs called the Stanley Blues and the Stanely reds, Thames Blue men, The Claret and Blue midlanders and 16 more.

I have a fixture list made and will have it organised for tomorrow, will I put the list up in the morning?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I like the sound of those Stanley Reds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Only if Melchester City and notloB's fixtures are in there :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I'll talk to Hulla about this.

In the mean time, don't post up the list please.

Until I get further notice, I'm sure it's ok to link to it.

(it's only an extra click for you guys)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Newton Heath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,460 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Clearly the team names should be along the lines of the following:

Manchester Red
    Manchester Blue
    Merseyside Red
    West London White....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Stekelly wrote: »
    On a totally unrelated issue, I think we should make our own fantasy football league using teams we make up, say two fictional Merseyside clubs called the Stanley Blues and the Shankly reds, Thames Blue men, The Claret and Blue midlanders and 16 more.

I have a fixture list made and will have it organised for tomorrow, will I put the list up in the morning?

FTFY;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Clearly the team names should be along the lines of the following:

Manchester Red
    Manchester Blue
    Merseyside Red
    West London White....

dont forget Middlebrook.

Pity we'll have no West Midland Stripes next year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Is it the same for posting the league table on a site too? What about something as simple as next fixtures, previous fixtures?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

As far as I'm aware this company money-making racket was in control of the rights last season too. I often check various fixtures on Soccerway.com, and they're not allowed to display Premiership fixtures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Apparently it's ok if you put nicknames in instead, e.g. United v Toffees or l'Arse v Mackems.

I could be wrong though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

does anyone know what time it is announced tomorrow?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

10 am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I've sought legal/Admin advice on this.

The advice is Link it and reference the link.

Do NOT post the fixture list here.

Thanks

GY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Probably the safe bet really. Im sure we'll survive anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Also as I remember from last season, analysis is ok. And posting partial fixture lists is ok. As in, a post on how Uniteds first 6 games are tough etc. Then again, I can't remember where that was established.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Been like that for ages even a pub can be find for advertising a game thats going to on the tv.

You cant reproduce the fixture list or table without permission with the club names or logo's they are all copy righted.

Big thing for those who were making the badges and names in patchs for PES they were warned about it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Thats one of the stupidest things :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

PHB wrote: »
    Also as I remember from last season, analysis is ok. And posting partial fixture lists is ok. As in, a post on how Uniteds first 6 games are tough etc. Then again, I can't remember where that was established.

This is correct, though I don't have a verifiable source to link to I know a few guys who've felt the heavy hand of the PL lawyers on their shoulder for allowing full fixture lists to be published on their forum.

The PL does take this very serious guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

My favourite player on Manchester Red is Ryan Geaggs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,460 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

wish Manchester Red would sign a few of those Dutch players. Player 5 is brilliant but its Player 10 that really catches the eye imo, they'd do very well at Trad Brick Stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Any chance of a dramatic return by Ruud van Mistelroom??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Remember Sensilble Soccer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Bergmans was always a delight for The Lowlands Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

This is correct, though I don't have a verifiable source to link to I know a few guys who've felt the heavy hand of the PL lawyers on their shoulder for allowing full fixture lists to be published on their forum.

The PL does take this very serious guys.

Aww I thought that was a link to an interesting article. Obey the underlining laws! :pac:
    Also this thread reminds me of Ryan Giggs football. What a horrible game.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

So for clarification, before a weekend, putting up a list of games in a thread for people to discuss as upcoming fixtures is still ok? Is this the case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,729 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Remember Sensilble Soccer

I do, still the best, yet to beaten.

Lob and Volley!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Stekelly wrote: »
    On a totally unrelated issue, I think we should make our own fantasy football league using teams we make up, say two fictional Merseyside clubs called the Stanley Blues and the Stanely reds, Thames Blue men, The Claret and Blue midlanders and 16 more.

How about we invent a fantasy island off the mainland and pretend there have been clubs in it since, oh 1890 or so? I'm sure that league wouldn't sue. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

gustavo wrote: »
    Good article.

It would seem that compiling the fixture list is like playing a game of Sudoku that contains 1000 squares.

5starpool wrote: »
    So for clarification, before a weekend, putting up a list of games in a thread for people to discuss as upcoming fixtures is still ok? Is this the case?

As far as I am aware we are ok to publish a list of fixtures for a set period, but not the entire fixture list.

I may be wrong, and I'll seek clarification from people who are better qualified than I, but for the meantime common sense is our best judge, and that means a weekend of games is ok, a full season is not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ok to discuss the Championship fixtures then?

That_Guy wrote: »
    Ok to discuss the Championship fixtures then?

I'm not aware of any similar problems with the Football league but again, common sense would be a great help. Post a link and talk about games, but probably best not to post up the entire fixture list.

• Advertisement

I've done a little digging guys, and it turns out the Football League and the SPL fixture lists are also controlled by the same media rights company, and are subject to the same rules.

That means no full list of fixtures for either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

It's just as easy link to them as it is copy and past such a comprehensive list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    It's just as easy link to them as it is copy and past such a comprehensive list.

This is true. One more click couldn't hurt.

Advertisement