Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 5 Big News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

holy crap :eek:

that looks amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

It's been posted in the Playstation forum, but I reckoned it deserved it's spot under simulations.

It is an incredible trailer. WRC is going to be incredible too, I've always loved the rally simulations in previous Gran Turismos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

That does look rather tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

cant wait. wonder if i'll need to buy colin mcrae DiRT 2 now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

If they get the handling spot on along with those graphics. Wow!

I've asked around but haven't been able to get an answer elsewhere, anyone know if there's been word as to what the NASCAR/WRC licences mean? As in will all tracks/cars be included?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Long time since I played gran turismo, I see one of the cars has damage,has it just been included in version 5 or has it been in other versions.

dubtom wrote: »
    Long time since I played gran turismo, I see one of the cars has damage,has it just been included in version 5 or has it been in other versions.

Never been included before, don't think it's even in GT5 Prologue but will be in the full game. Imagine NASCAR with no damage. :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

When is it out? The wait is killing me as it is. Looks class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I think I might buy a ps3 :D....

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

amacachi wrote: »
    If they get the handling spot on along with those graphics. Wow!

I've asked around but haven't been able to get an answer elsewhere, anyone know if there's been word as to what the NASCAR/WRC licences mean? As in will all tracks/cars be included?

for wrc there isnt really ''set tracks'', although i would be happy if some rally versions of cars were present and some ''rally roads''.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

We've been waiting for GT5 for years! When is it coming out? Seriously?!?!?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

We've been waiting for GT5 for years!

I havent :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

next year. on 3 blu ray discs. apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Some time in March/April 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Seen this on the net today. I'd love if it was true

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

What was the unusually high drift score that had to be removed from online rankings?also is there anyway us boardsies could arrange a race online in GT5 Prologue?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well unless GT5 is a massive step up from Prologue it wont be a patch on forza3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

amacachi wrote: »
    Never been included before, don't think it's even in GT5 Prologue but will be in the full game. Imagine NASCAR with no damage. :D :P

imagine sitting their doing the 500 laps of the bowl... in a nascar.... :mad:

also whats the point in a demo if you bring out f****** prolouge.... :mad:

and i just noticed it comes out the day i get my new car so ill never have time to play it ! :mad:

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

CAnt wait for the demo now, only 9 days to wait. At least PD are giving us something to look forwar dto before the main event, bring it on :D

• Advertisement

Anyone get the demo yet? Whats it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Yah i got the demo, its a time trial competition online. You get a tuned Nissan 370Z and a standard version. Do your best laps in each car on the same course. the car physics are amazing this game is going to be brilliant. As a huge Gran Turismo fan I've been waiting 5 years for this game!!

The game was supposed to be released in Japan in March this year but there is a problem and it is going to be delayed again. God only knows when we get it proberly July of later.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

I can pricture Duke Nukem driving a GT car waiting for tracks and levels to be completed or something.
    Since its costing $60 million it proabably will get released evetually. Wiki is saying this Fall, before Christmas now. I dont own a 360 or PS3 but I think i'd get a PS3 for GT5.

Nah, it's only the Japan date that's delayed. Apparently they were going to release it more than 6 months later in Europe. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Niall09 wrote: »
    Some time in March/April 2010.

game has been pushed forward till october 2010 now due to welll its massive and id say the Q&A stage of the game is going to take some time to process...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

I saw some advertisement material in XtraVision saying "Coming Winter 2010". Bloody hell that's a long ways off. What the hell are they doing?

And you know what? If it's shít there'll be hell to pay. Games sitting in development for half a decade and then they turn out to be shíte just ain't on!

I saw some advertisement material in XtraVision saying "Coming Winter 2010". Bloody hell that's a long ways off. What the hell are they doing?

And you know what? If it's shít there'll be hell to pay. Games sitting in development for half a decade and then they turn out to be shíte just ain't on!

It's Pokémon with cars and the physics have been around for a few years, don't know how anyone can't know what the game is going to be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Surely there is no chance of this being released in 2010 if it hasnt been anounced yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Sony at E3 has confirmed a November launch date for the game in North America, but im going be a little sceptical until I have the game in my hands.

Advertisement