Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 5 Big News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

gavredking wrote: »
    Sony at E3 has confirmed a November launch date for the game in North America, but im going be a little sceptical until I have the game in my hands.

Its actually a 2nd November Launch date for N.America and for the UK, on the GT website, it states a November launch date for UK.

If it is not the same as N.America, expect a few days afterwards.

Roll on November :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

The game will be releases this november. Sony are expected to show a full version of the game at an expo. in Germany in august.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭rameire

Just got the new Argos catalogue

its in there at €52.99
    cat no: 900/9026

obviously for when it comes out as it knows it will be out eventually.
    but there is no release date below it.

where as the f1 2010 has a release date of sept 24th and is €47.99
    cat no 925/3016

and just for reference Test drive 2 €47.99 cat no 925/3119

dont bother looking on the argos site the codes are not live yet.
    at least we have a starting point for prices.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Was looking around on some websites about the car lists for this game and was suprised to see cars like Skoda Ocatava 1.9 tdi and same with a few Golfs ect.

Will they most likly include a few diesels in this game because I remember the BMW 120d in GT4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

I can't wait for this game, WRC, NASCAR, Top Gear Test Track & it a GT game all = :D:D

Now if the'd only included Mondello or an Irish Rally Stage ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Shane_ef wrote: »
    I can't wait for this game, WRC, NASCAR, Top Gear Test Track & it a GT game all = :D:D

Now if the'd only included Mondello or an Irish Rally Stage ;)
    Don't worry. With the upcoming track editor, you might be able to make one of your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cpaul

Anyone know if Game or Gamestop will be stocking the 'collectors' edition? It's available to pre-order online but the shops only have the standard version listed. As for the signature edition - well I think the pricing might be just a wee bit too much for me on that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭roosterman71

What are the prices quoted for the 3 available types?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Gran Turismo 5 just got announced for Europe for 3rd of November @ gamescom 2010

deadly......

wonder how early the shops will have it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Cool, didn't realise there was finally an exact release date. November 3rd is a Wednesday, might have to ring in sick that day!

• Advertisement

cpaul wrote: »
    Anyone know if Game or Gamestop will be stocking the 'collectors' edition? It's available to pre-order online but the shops only have the standard version listed. As for the signature edition - well I think the pricing might be just a wee bit too much for me on that one!

Pre-ordered my signature edition and it was showing at 179.99 I asked about the collector edition and the guy said they didnt have a price for it yet but I could pre-order that anyway, the only reason I went for the signature edition is because i can change to the collector edition closer to the release day should I wish to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cpaul

gavredking wrote: »
    Pre-ordered my signature edition and it was showing at 179.99 I asked about the collector edition and the guy said they didnt have a price for it yet but I could pre-order that anyway, the only reason I went for the signature edition is because i can change to the collector edition closer to the release day should I wish to do so.

Thanks for that. Yep, I ended up doing the same thing - was able to pre-order and can then pick the version I want when the pricing is finalised!

cpaul wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Yep, I ended up doing the same thing - was able to pre-order and can then pick the version I want when the pricing is finalised!

No problem :)

Now to get a good wheel, I dont know if I can get myself to fork out about 250 quid for a logitech g27, although I used the older g25 and loved it so might save for the g27 as well or try pick up a good 2nd hand g25 at a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭stedabee

looks great cant wait!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

Heres the prices of the three versions of the game. I have the collectors edition pre ordered. Not much longer to wait now. I will be using my G25 to play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Steve30x wrote: »
    Heres the prices of the three versions of the game. I have the collectors edition pre ordered. Not much longer to wait now. I will be using my G25 to play the game.

Where are the prices?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Is their damage in this? Cant wait to get it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 The Proletariat

What's this about 3 versions and different prices.. Could some one explain please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

anyone wanna start the PSN addies thread ahead of the release so we can get some prolouge sessions going ahead of the release... then the obvious all nighter on release day :D

i have the ltd edtion pre-booked a while now... seriously can wait.... bay window Vw bus... is gonan be sideways

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

What's this about 3 versions and different prices.. Could some one explain please?

Besides the standard edition of the game, there will also be the Collector's Edition and Signature Edition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

I had no interest in getting a PS3 but with GT5 finally coming out I might take the plunge.
    Damage has been around for over ten years and now they have finally added it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Damage has been around for over ten years and now they have finally added it.

True, But we all know Polyphony always go above and beyond the norms. This type of damage will be much more accurate and realistic than the likes of what EA or Rockstar can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Gran Turismo 5 Release Update

Posted by Taku Imasaki // Producer, SCEA

We can confirm that Gran Turismo 5 will not be available this November 2nd, but the game’s release will be coming this holiday season.

We sincerely apologize to GT fans for the delay, however, creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating the perfect racing experience, and we are confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches.

We’ll have more information for you in the near future.

Source

Damn, beaten too it! Thought I could break the news here. I was actually shocked when I saw this. I really though it would be out on the 4th. My anticipation levels just went through the floor. Wouldnt be surprised if it didn't make christmas now!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

That Playstation Blog is saying that the North American version is delayed............maybe the European version will still be released on time.......

That Playstation Blog is saying that the North American version is delayed............maybe the European version will still be released on time.......

I doubt that very much! The yanks just need the game in English and Spanish and maybe French for the canucks. Europe will need those three plus German Italian and Spanish

I doubt that very much! The yanks just need the game in English and Spanish and maybe French for the canucks. Europe will need those three plus German Italian and Spanish

Fail? :p

Joking, its a right disaster though that it is delayed. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

sorry but when the fcuk is it coming out on the Irish market? wreck the head with there delays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Limerick3

Before xmas they say now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Was in Game today, the girl behind the counter was under the impression it was delayed by a further 2 weeks but she didn't have any proof of where she got that date.

Advertisement