Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 5 Big News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Was in Game today, the girl behind the counter was under the impression it was delayed by a further 2 weeks but she didn't have any proof of where she got that date.

And in fairness the people working in these shops know F*ck All

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Hogzy wrote: »
    And in fairness the people working in these shops know F*ck All

woa woa woah hold on a minute !

she's an idiot for saying that but there is no official release date yet and it could only be a couple of days or it could be delayed until december.

that was just her guess and its as good as anyone elses !

although for some reason we are advertising the 1st of December ! but thats not official either

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=14196&cm_sp=GranTurismo-_-topnav-_-gt5

Well it looks like it will defo be out in december sometime, it would be an absolute disaster to miss the christmas market.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Gamestop this morning have it for December 7th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Amazon.com have a later release date. 31 Dec doesn't make any sense.
    http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/11/02/is-gran-turismo-5-in-danger-of-being-delayed-again/
    Anyone read anything else about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

The latest news is the game is being "stamped" "as we speak"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

If its being "stamped" then surely they can provide a release date. If there is no release date this late then i really cannot see this being here in time for christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

At least if its being stamped they can't halt it for more tweeks. It HAS to be released before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

340x.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

If this isn't the most amazing game ever made then heads should roll. Five years in the making FFS.

I don't even like racing games (I suck at them and will be terrible at this) but even I'm excited for this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

New rumours today saying that Sony will be allowing an "irregular" release date. Meaning that they'll be distributing them and allowing retailers to sell them when they get them. This will mean different dates in different countries.

One rumour says Portugal will get it on Nov 24, with the UK getting it on Nov 26. Take it for what you will, there's images from retailer databases floating around out there.

Also, some people in eastern europe have gotten their hands on copies. There's some videos up on youtube etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Seen a good few sites saying the end of the month/first few days in December. Mainly saying the 2nd of December for a Europe release.

Some link

Head tracking demo

More info

Trophy list

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Sony has told their official Indian distributor that GT5 has a confirmed release date of November 24th.

Europe release 24th November

http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/11/10/gran-turismo-5-sony-confirm-release-date-to-retailers/

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Sony has told their official Indian distributor that GT5 has a confirmed release date of November 24th.

Europe release 24th November

http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/11/10/gran-turismo-5-sony-confirm-release-date-to-retailers/

I'll be in New York when its released if that's the case. While there though, I'm gonna pop in here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Nice. I'm in the UK that weekend celebrating my birthday. Looks like I'll be picking myself up a little present whilst there!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Confirmed 24th November :)

Edit: In USA that is. Might be 26th here. Awaiting clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Confirmed 24th November :)

Edit: In USA that is. Might be 26th here. Awaiting clarification.

It's the 24th here too. Up on the German Playstation blog. 25th in Japan.

Links???

I found some :-)

Here

Here

• Advertisement

Yep we just got a press release from Sony via the distributors here. 24th it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

my god we are getting a game at the same time as north america hell is currently freezing over :D

Yep we just got a press release from Sony via the distributors here. 24th it is.

Can we see the press release? It apparently lists all the cars and tracks

Can we see the press release? It apparently lists all the cars and tracks

Here you go ....

It didn't give the cars though ....
    Press Information
    For Immediate Release
    Gran Turismo® 5 Release Date Confirmed
    The most highly anticipated racing game will be in your hands by Christmas

Dublin, 12th November 2010: Sony Computer Entertainment today confirmed that Gran Turismo® 5 will go on sale across Europe from Wednesday 24th November.

“Gran Turismo 5 is an ambitious project, with challenges and complexities which have made it our version of the Apollo Space Programme!” commented Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital Inc. “When we created the original Gran Turismo back in 1997, we wanted to set a completely new precedent for the racing genre. With the technological leap onto PlayStation 3, our objective with GT5 was to create another great revolution which would not only satisfy our own high expectations, but would meet or even exceed the anticipation of the fans. Satisfying the loyal Gran Turismo followers is at the heart of all of our efforts, which is why it was such a difficult decision to delay the release of the game, and one which we did not take lightly. I can only apologise to everyone for making you wait so long, and I hope that when you try out the wealth of driving experiences available in Gran Turismo 5, you will not be disappointed.”

In Gran Turismo 5, you can tackle the world’s most famous racetracks, rendered in high definition that is as vivid as the real thing, and get behind the wheels of some of the most legendary cars in motor racing from past to cutting-edge present. Today, the impressive complete list of over 1,000 in-game cars was unveiled, including the Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce, the Lexus LFA and the McLaren MP4-12C.The full track list was also revealed, which will see players going head to head to on famous legacy tracks such as Autumn Ring, Deep Forest Raceway and the Grand Valley Speedway plus renowned real-life circuits such as Nurburgring and the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

For more information on Gran Turismo 5 visit: http://www.gran-turismo.com

ENDS

They are here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Jay Leno tank car?:confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

dan1895 wrote: »

probably modelled on his chin.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

dan1895 wrote: »

Its his own personal car i think made from an old tank.

Forget the lack of proper interiors on most of the cars who cares your supposed to be watching the track not going ooooh what a nice dash board!!!

This is the car everyone should be excited about DMC DeLorean S2 '04

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cpaul

Anyone know if there are any stores in Cork doing a midnight release for this?

Also, do Gamesnash.ie have the collectors edition in stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

cpaul wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are any stores in Cork doing a midnight release for this?

Also, do Gamesnash.ie have the collectors edition in stock?

I think any edition could be considered a collectors edition, its taken so long to release.

Advertisement