Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 5 Big News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

cpaul wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are any stores in Cork doing a midnight release for this?

Also, do Gamesnash.ie have the collectors edition in stock?

Check out this post from Gamesnash.ie from the Biz forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69051233&postcount=30

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cpaul

Check out this post from Gamesnash.ie from the Biz forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69051233&postcount=30

Oops sorry guys - missed that post!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anyone know if there are any stores in Cork doing a midnight release for this?

Also, do Gamesnash.ie have the collectors edition in stock?

I booked my copy in Gamestop in Wilton about the middle of September and was told at the time for must big releases, once there was enough demand for the title through pre-orders they would have a midnight release.

In short, ring around, id assume you would get some shop that are doing a midnight release. In fact I should ring them and ask them, if I find out anything ill post here.

I pre-booked in the same store at around the same time as well :-)

I'll make a few phone calls myself and like you I'll post here if I find a midnight launch anywhere. Never bothered with a midnight launch before but making an exception for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

I preordered in Ballincollig and they aren't doing a midnight release. Any other places?

Gah, it's already being sold in France as of today!

• Advertisement

I emailed Gamestop and they said no plans but to keep an eye on their facebook page.

I rang Gamestop in Douglas and Wilton as well just to confirm the release date as the 24th as Game in Mahon Pt. threw me off by saying it wasn't being released until the 26th!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I preordered in Ballincollig and they aren't doing a midnight release. Any other places?

Gah, it's already being sold in France as of today!

There is rumbles and rumours of an erarly release in mainland Europe, I blame the IMF fro delaying the Irish release :p
    I emailed Gamestop and they said no plans but to keep an eye on their facebook page.

I rang Gamestop in Douglas and Wilton as well just to confirm the release date as the 24th as Game in Mahon Pt. threw me off by saying it wasn't being released until the 26th!

I was onto Wilton this morning after I heard about the apparent Europe early release and they said they were still on course for a 24th release as far as they're concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Was in HMV earlier on and they have a sign up saying "available November 24th - seriously this time"

Will go back in on Tuesday to see if they are getting any packs with the console itself as I still haven't gotten a PS3 while waiting for the release of PD's opus!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Anyone know of any Dublin stores opening midnight to sell it?

I remember back in 98 when the original GT was released Virgin on the quays opened at 11pm to let folk in before the game went on sale at 12am. It was awesome, there was a comp where everyone got 1 shot in a GTO around one of the tracks. Top 10 got prizes. I won a key ring!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

I'm wondering where is the cheapest place to buy GT5? Black Ops was 43e in Tesco while it was 55e in gamestop and probably close to that in Game.

Are tesco always the cheapest for big releases?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 downey

For Cork people,
    Ive rang around a few shops to find out about midnight opening.

Gamestop Patricks St: No
    Gamestop Wilton: No
    Gamestop Douglas: No
    Gamestop Blackpool: No

Game Patrick St: Yes
    Game Mahon: No

Smyths Maylor St: No

Tesco Wilton: Will be open but not selling it. Could be wrong cause the girl sounded like she didnt have a clue.

Ill continue to call around and edit if i find anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Energy2010

Really looking forward to this game (for the past 3 years!). Anyone hear about a possible midnight opening anywhere in Dublin for it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Some decent vids here guys
    http://www.racesimcentral.com/news/

Ill wait till SRT do their review before i consider buying the game.
    If the physics are not sim like its a no-go for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

For those of you living near the border

here

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

does anybody know if tesco are selling gt5 at midnight i tried ringing the store but cant get through

maxfresh wrote: »
    does anybody know if tesco are selling gt5 at midnight i tried ringing the store but cant get through

I tried ringing them too to no avail. I even visited the Maynooth store and asked the question, nobody could give me an answer.:mad:

All I know at this stage is Tesco Dundrum started selling MOH at midnight recently so I'll hit there first, then I'll try Lucan and Maynooth. I'll post here as soon as I get back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LARRYLAWLESS

just rang smyths in carrickmines, not opening at midnight but it is in stock for opening time tomorrow, it has to be a midnight launch somewhere!!!!!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

I tried ringing them too to no avail. I even visited the Maynooth store and asked the question, nobody could give me an answer.:mad:

All I know at this stage is Tesco Dundrum started selling MOH at midnight recently so I'll hit there first, then I'll try Lucan and Maynooth. I'll post here as soon as I get back.

yeah like trying to get blood out of a stone with that tesco crowd

maxfresh wrote: »
    yeah like trying to get blood out of a stone with that tesco crowd

Yeah, whats the story with that? Weird.

I remember with MOH in Maynooth they had a big stand near the entrance before it actually went on sale. I did some shopping a couple of days after the launch and it was empty. Nothing for GT5 there yesterday.:mad:

yeh, have been ringing tesco dundrum for the last 15 minutes, no joy, not a million miles away, might jump in the car with the ole "going to get petrol excuse" and do a fly by and see

• Advertisement

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/ie/

christ we are close, any updates guys???

Woooooohoooooo. Got it in Tesco Dundrum. Only 10 copies!! Me and two other dudes got copies. €49.99.

7 copies left as of 20 mins ago. Its gonna be a long night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

might pick this up for christmas on ebay, it'd a few quid cheaper than anywhere else. last GT i played/owned was the first for PS1 thats a LONG time ago. it looks good, anyone know if there is online play?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

Woooooohoooooo. Got it in Tesco Dundrum. Only 10 copies!! Me and two other dudes got copies. €49.99.

You lucky devil! :D
    Nodferatu wrote: »
    might pick this up for christmas on ebay, it'd a few quid cheaper than anywhere else. last GT i played/owned was the first for PS1 thats a LONG time ago. it looks good, anyone know if there is online play?

Yeah I'm pretty sure there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭crossy

There is one serious amount of cars in this game. No wonder it took so long to make

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Jammy fecker :) I'm just back from tesco monread and they didn't get any in :( staff said people were coming in all through the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Pretty modest reviews so far. 8.5 in IGN and the Metro did a good 'laymans' review of it but only scored it an 8. Not bad scores at all but not what I think people were expecting.

I've got a load of games on the go at the minute so may leave this until after Christmas now to see if the price drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭bladetrinity

My birthday todaywife is getting me the collectors edition happy days:)

I'm fcuking loving this!! Just woke up after 4 hours sleep...that'll be enough mr brain, here's some more red bull!!:p

Reviews of 8/10 you cn call modest I suppose because of all the anticipation and hype. All I'll say is that its still GT with all the things that make the series annoying but everything that makes it good has gone into overdrive. For me, a fan of the series, Christmas has come early....11/10!!

Right I gotta get back to this!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Ahh just got it hurry up and install I want to play :D

Advertisement