Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 5 Big News

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

ollie1 wrote: »
    Ahh just got it hurry up and install I want to play :D

Hardley Normal - €59.99 reduced to €49.00 when I said "that's a bit expensive"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

well guys is it worth it? im deciding on buying the ordinary version or the special edition one which is a tenner more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

mine is installing.

One thing is that i need a bigger tv, loads of the text is fairly small, i have to keep using the r1 zoom button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

mine is installing.

One thing is that i need a bigger tv, loads of the text is fairly small, i have to keep using the r1 zoom button.

i tried playing the game with out the install and everything just takes for ever so im just finishing the install now, game is great, graphics are top notch and getting the licences is handy enough so far, only gripe so far is my first race on the top gear race track was in an old VW hippie van

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Nodferatu wrote: »
    well guys is it worth it? im deciding on buying the ordinary version or the special edition one which is a tenner more.

If your a fan of the series then get this game, its well worth it, Id go for the Collectors Edition, cost 64e in most places, you get 5 DLC cars, Audi R8, Lambo Murci 640, BMW M3 GT, Shelby Cobra, Mercedes Gullwing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Its a shame 80% of the them have been imported from earlier games, only 200premium cars have been given the proper treatment.

I'd happily exchange the 800 non premium cars for 200 more premium ones. 400 cars is plenty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Is the Top Gear track in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

yeah, first b license test is on the bit between hammerhead and chicago..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

as usual with the tests, some are alot harder than others, I had alot of trouble getting a gold on the megane on from the B license.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

gavredking wrote: »
    If your a fan of the series then get this game, its well worth it, Id go for the Collectors Edition, cost 64e in most places, you get 5 DLC cars, Audi R8, Lambo Murci 640, BMW M3 GT, Shelby Cobra, Mercedes Gullwing.

Ah wish I got the collectors edition now, got my sister to pick it up and getting it tomorrow but it's the normal edition. Would love to give the 640 and M3 a go :(

Still plenty of cars to keep me happy though! especially the Skyline R34 GTR NUR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Just be thankful you didn't get the €179.99 Gran Turismo 5 Signature Edition with the 'invalid' DLC codes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

I got two free codes with my game in Gamestop. One of them doesn't work, I got a Stealth Maclaren F1 with the other. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I got two free codes with my game in Gamestop. One of them doesn't work, I got a Stealth Maclaren F1 with the other. Any ideas?

There are loads of reports about codes not actually working. Your not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Hogzy wrote: »
    There are loads of reports about codes not actually working. Your not the only one.
    No, I think thats only for the Signature edition codes. Thankfully, my ones worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

My Sig edition codes worked fine! I think it was because people were tryin to use EU Codes on the US Psn and visa versa.

Im lovin the game so far cant see where any of the complaints are coming from the loading a bit slow but what can you expect from a game like this with such a level of content.

how long does the install take before you can play? im getting it for xmas.

About 50 mins or less, you can play without installing it but the loading is terrible.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Get it now, it should be installed by Christmas.....:D

The Shtig wrote: »
    About 50 mins or less, you can play without installing it but the loading is terrible.

ah i see, well how much disk space does that take up then roughly!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

ah i see, well how much disk space does that take up then roughly!!!!

Says 8gb needed when installing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Loving this so far. Just got a wheel today, getting to grips with it. Hanging out a bit on Nurburging freeruns in the motul honda civic, cant handle rear wheel drives anywhere near I could with the pad, let alone drift..

Add me if you want, clean racer (atleast try to be)

longwhitecross

Loving this so far. Just got a wheel today, getting to grips with it. Hanging out a bit on Nurburging freeruns in the motul honda civic, cant handle rear wheel drives anywhere near I could with the pad, let alone drift..

Add me if you want, clean racer (atleast try to be)

longwhitecross

I was the same but after a bit of practise you'll never look back at the controller :) Haven't tried it online yet but might do soon, give me a add cause it might be a while until I'm on next.

Psn: The_Shtig

i just got the game, couldn't wait until Christmas so im playing it now, im not a big fan of racing games, but i absolutely love this game and i have many memories playing the original GT on ps1 (the only other gran turismo game i have ever played/owned). im a little disappointed with graphics in 'some' places but its still excellent, with all the classes and challenges there is more than enough to keep me racing for a few weeks by the look of it. i have a question though, do you unlock cars or anything extra for completing the licenses in all gold trophy's or is there just extra cash for them?
    also i though there was crash damage? what type of cars have crash damage!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Premium cars have full damage, but from what i've read it unlocks as you get further into the game. In the past all gold licence got an extra car, I guess its the same again

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

What a game! Quality:D

i have a question though, do you unlock cars or anything extra for completing the licenses in all gold trophy's or is there just extra cash for them?
    also i though there was crash damage? what type of cars have crash damage!!!

Yeah you do but they're nothing great for B and A so wouldn't worry about them too much!

The Shtig wrote: »
    Yeah you do but they're nothing great for B and A so wouldn't worry about them too much!
    your right some of the cars rewarded are muck, i sell em off.
    anyone noticed some of the special events races for example the top gear track with the vw camper van its impossible to come in first place, so i assume i have to buy my own one, pump money into tuning it up with more bhp in order to win the race, but you get measly money for winning, so it defeats the purpose of buying the van which costs 50,000 or 70,000 or something. some of these events make no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

your right some of the cars rewarded are muck, i sell em off.
    anyone noticed some of the special events races for example the top gear track with the vw camper van its impossible to come in first place, so i assume i have to buy my own one, pump money into tuning it up with more bhp in order to win the race, but you get measly money for winning, so it defeats the purpose of buying the van which costs 50,000 or 70,000 or something. some of these events make no sense.

I dont think you can use you own cars in these races the van one requires a lot of practice i eventually got gold!
    Try get up to 6th before the second lap. Over take the first van on the first corner then second maybe 3rd on chicago 4th and 5th if you can on hammer head another 1 on the follow through to bentley then on gambon repeat next lap and by follow through / bentley you should be in first.

Then wait until the Intermediate challange with the lotus the car is like driving a boat on oil its impossible

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Then wait until the Intermediate challange with the lotus the car is like driving a boat on oil its impossible

Tell me about it so frustrating :(

• Advertisement

ah that sucks i tried again and i cant seem to get past the last 3 guys, i can get close. ill leave it and try again at a later date, no way to turn the auto save off sucks, its really annoying me now.

Advertisement