Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving in Spain

Options
  • 16-06-2009 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I will be driving from Malaga Airport to Almeria next month. Did anyone do this drive, if so can you tell me is the road good all the way, and any other info you might have for me
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

I have only driven on the N340 between Gibraltar and Nerja. Traffic moves very fast on this road, in my opinion it is safer in the fast lane as the slip roads on to the N340 are way too short. You have cars pulling out of petrol stations in front of you from a standstill as you are approaching them at 120km.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭bruzz

ROVER wrote: »
    I have only driven on the N340 between Gibraltar and Nerja. Traffic moves very fast on this road, in my opinion it is safer in the fast lane as the slip roads on to the N340 are way too short. You have cars pulling out of petrol stations in front of you from a standstill as you are approaching them at 120km.

I was looking at travelling to Almeria and staying the vera beach club. How far is this from the airport and what cost? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Have not driven that particular route but have driven a bit in Spain (Andalusia only) and found the roads to be of a good standard and the motorways great.

According to Google maps its a 3hr 13 min drive. There are plenty of rest places along the motorway and also places to stop and eat on the smaller roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭bruzz

flikflak wrote: »
    Have not driven that particular route but have driven a bit in Spain (Andalusia only) and found the roads to be of a good standard and the motorways great.

According to Google maps its a 3hr 13 min drive. There are plenty of rest places along the motorway and also places to stop and eat on the smaller roads.

Thanks flikflak. Have you been to Grangefield oasis apartments in Andalusia. How far is that from airport or is there a closer airport to Andalusia?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

^ - No I have not been to the apartments.
    Andalusia is a region and has several airports. Malaga, Granada, Seville, Almeria and Jerez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

I have driven all over the south of Spain and found all the roads (even rural ones in the mountains) to be of a high standard. The drivers were no worse or better than what we have here TBH......

Advertisement