Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Float rod, 2003-2009 :(

Options
  • 16-06-2009 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

last year, my dad walked on my rod bag , breaking my landing net handle, and cracking my float rod in the bottom section. Last night, the rod gave in. Was lucky it didnt snap when i was connected to a bream or carp, looking back i really should have replaced it last year:rolleyes:

anway, it will have to be replaced, and i havnt a clue what to get. I havnt bought any major tackle in 5 years, as I dont have the time anymore. Budget is around €100, it will be mainly for roach/hybrids with the odd slab and a few carp and tench. The rod I broke was able to land the smallest roach without bumping them off, also was able to land 5lb plus carp. Im going miss it :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

You can get the Shimano Alivio 13ft match rod in argos for 50 euro or thereabouts. I have had one for three years and i love it. I've had carp to 8lb and hybrids to 4lb on it and i never had any worries about its strenght.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

ive an alivio for piking, really nice rod. Wasnt too pricey either...

Advertisement