Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixelating a logo

Options
  • 16-06-2009 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Mate has come up with a logo he wants to use on his website and van he is going to got get done and was thinking of putting on what I can only describe as a pixelated effect behind the logo. More or less what citroen have done with their's. Besides photoshop and the likes is there any cheaper app that would give you this effect?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

it's not an effect, it's something someone actually did.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

A free Photoshop alternative is GIMP, it has many of the features that PS offers.
    Have a look on their website:
    http://www.gimp.org/

If you want the pixel 'effect' similar to what Citroen have, grab a large pencil tool, and stick dots here and there as you see fit.
    I think if you had a graphics tablet, you could actually vary the size of the dots by applying different pressure on the surface. A friend of mine did something similar...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hoku wrote: »
    A free Photoshop alternative is GIMP, it has many of the features that PS offers.
    Have a look on their website:
    http://www.gimp.org/

If you want the pixel 'effect' similar to what Citroen have, grab a large pencil tool, and stick dots here and there as you see fit.
    I think if you had a graphics tablet, you could actually vary the size of the dots by applying different pressure on the surface. A friend of mine did something similar...

Just use the rectangle tool..hold down shift as you draw so it keeps the rectangle proprotionate when drawing (ie a square) and draw your pixles using that whatever size you want. No need for a graphics tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

Well there you go, you learn something new every day :P
    I would've always done this through the tool's options...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hoku wrote: »
    I would've always done this through the tool's options...
    Sometimes the only tool is the one with the mouse. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement