Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread deleted in Poker: serious financial issues

Options
  • 16-06-2009 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

I'm sure the last thing you want is another post about the poker forum but this one is quite serious. Kinetic, the sole remaining mod over there, has deleted a thread in which nicnicnic, a poker forum regular, sold 40% of his tournament action in the current World Series of Poker to other poker forum regulars. This involved financial commitments between poker forum posters of thousands of euro - and potentially tens or even hundreds of thousands should he do well in Vegas. This is a regular occurrence on the poker forum and is one of the things which made it such a valuable resource for the Irish poker community.

I don't know if Kinetic realised the potential gravity of his actions in this case but I would appeal to him and the admins to reinstate this thread asap as it impacts directly on a poster's livelihood (i.e. nicnicnic's professional poker career). Deleting this thread could have major financial implications for him.

El S
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement