Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone been punched in the head?

• 16-06-2009 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Last August after a night out I was walking down the street when all of a sudden I get a full punch to the side of the head.White flash and disorientation follow, after regaining my senses I look over and see some thug standing in the middle of the street. I say to my friend " hey did you see that hes after punching me"! What an obvious thing to say. So Iran over and landed him one square in the face. Was I wrong to do this? Has anyone else had the same?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I want to make a joke about Iran, but I won't.

I got kneed in the face once. It wasn't the best thing that's ever happened to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

Been punched and kicked in the head. Certainly gives you perspective. I think every man should get a hiding at least once in their life in order to fully understand human nature.

BTW you were correct to seek vengeance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

"I awoke several hours later in a daze"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

Been punched and kicked in the head. Certainly gives you perspective. I think every man should get a hiding at least once in their life in order to fully understand human nature.

BTW you were correct to seek vengeance.

Does that bring me down to the knackers level though?

Are you Iraqi ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Attacked by a scumbag?

You need to call The Citizen. He'll sort them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

No but a couple of months ago(10 to be precise),i was walking down the street and seen some guy i didnt like the look of so i laid one on the side of his face.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Tomebagel wrote: »
    No but a couple of months ago(10 to be precise),i was walking down the street and seen some guy i didnt like the look of so i laid one on the side of his face.:pac:

couple = 2
    few = 3+

http://www.absolutad.com/gallery/originals_bull****1_ranndino.jpg

Hows your nose and front teeth now? :pac:

• Advertisement

MSporty wrote: »

Yes, but the important thing is that you don't let him beat you with experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

yup..got a skull fracture from the prick..completely random & unprovoked..we know who did it & leaving it a few years & he's getting shot in both knees, tarred, feathered, bound hand and foot and left naked in the most remote part of the Wicklow mountains we know of. Meet them on their own level, just be better at it than them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I got a hammering off a christian brother once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Yeah headbutts, punches kicks whatever. I once got a full force headbutt to the face when drunk and didn't even flinch - so I've been told!

Haha. But I gave out worse than I got!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Yep. Took a hit for no reason in a chipper on stephens day about 15 years ago. 7 years later the same guy turns up interviewing for a job in a major bank. If you're reading this, now you know the reason why you didn't get the job (and were blacklisted by CPL and a couple of other agencies).

Yes folks, sometimes karma = awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Meh, I've gotten a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I was outside a well known club on o connell bridge that begins with a q when this complete scum bag comes up to me and says that I am looking at him funny I disagreed then he called me a fool...I amn't a fool says I to him and then I get a smack in the face my lip was burst and I went to James's... I still have a little scar on my lip but its on the inside thank god...he was a member of the non permanant living community so I didn't do anything.better to avoid furhter confrontation I think

Seemingly a few weeks before, someone was going around the same street randomly hitting people. Hope it was him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

No way man, float like a butterfly, run like ****.

poisonated wrote: »
    I was outside a well known club on o connell bridge that begins with a q

Could you be more specific? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

punchfail.gif

yes, i've been punched!

....ah ya, the thanks button is to the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

"I awoke several hours later in a daze"

:D

Yeah ha I dont know why I said that...I suspect you are being a smartie pants though:pac:
    I'm talking about q bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

been kicked in the face once by a drunk/high scumbag. Wasn't fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

So Iran over and landed him one square in the face. Was I wrong to do this? Has anyone else had the same?

What are you, a borderline pacifist? Too right you should have lamped him, it's just a pity you didn't have a bottle to smash over his head.

Cúnts like him thrive on people being too scared to smack them back. Fair play for lamping him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Once, but it was a little bitch slap from a little bitch man, so gave me about 2 seconds of "wtf was that" style pain. The punch returned to him shattered his nose and broke 2 teeth. I won. I lulzed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Got a right beating about 8 year ago, cant remember it myself but a mate told me the gorey details. seemingly this scumbag heard someone shout at him, turned around and ran straight at the nearest person (me), i got a fair few kicks to the head and a broken leg, seemingly the prick punched me first then kicked me just above the ankle, breaking the bone, i dropped to the floor and he kept kicking till he was dragged off.
    Anyway the mate got me to his house and i woke up the next morning with my leg in agony, but the rest of me was grand. thank god alcohol blocked the memory and dulled the pain during the beating.
    From that night on i stopped drinking so much, dont like being that inebriated.

What are you, a borderline pacifist? Too right you should have lamped him, it's just a pity you didn't have a bottle to smash over his head.

Cúnts like him thrive on people being too scared to smack them back. Fair play for lamping him.

No pacifism here, afraid of the politically correct back lash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Yes, in the BACK of the head, what a brave "man". And I can honestly say it was unprovoked (ive been deservedly smacked for being a gob****e a few times). I wont say what nationality they were cos people will get up on their high horses, but its becoming too regular a recurrence in my town :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Yeah, got beaten up once and took a fair few punches to the head. It didn't hurt, it's where my skull is, but by the sounds of things I was very lucky compared to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Walking home from the cinema a few years ago with a friend (he was just ahead of me so didn't actually see it) and one of I think 3 guys walking down the street towards us just swang at me as he passed, hit me right in the face. Luckily for me they just walked on, because I've never been so stunned, I'm surprised I didn't hit the deck. Head spinning, nearly got sick I think.

The bastard must have been wearing some sort of ring, he managed to scratch my retina and I'm partially blind in my left eye as a result.

Today, if I somehow had the opportunity, and would be guaranteed I would get away with it, I'd love to blind the bastard back. Eye for an eye and all that biblical ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

I was outside a well known club on o connell bridge that begins with a q when this complete scum bag comes up to me and says that I am looking at him funny I disagreed then he called me a fool...I amn't a fool says I to him and then I get a smack in the face my lip was burst and I went to James's... I still have a little scar on my lip but its on the inside thank god...he was a member of the non permanant living community so I didn't do anything.better to avoid furhter confrontation I think

you got punched by a zombie??

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thebiggestjim

Hell no, he hit you first. If your stand there and take a beating they will keep coming. Perfectly entitled to take it to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Walking home from the cinema a few years ago with a friend (he was just ahead of me so didn't actually see it) and one of I think 3 guys walking down the street towards us just swang at me as he passed, hit me right in the face. Luckily for me they just walked on, because I've never been so stunned, I'm surprised I didn't hit the deck. Head spinning, nearly got sick I think.

The bastard must have been wearing some sort of ring, he managed to scratch my retina and I'm partially blind in my left eye as a result.

Today, if I somehow had the opportunity, and would be guaranteed I would get away with it, I'd love to blind the bastard back. Eye for an eye and all that biblical ****.

you'll get your chance..these things do come round, as the guy who had his attacker in an interview proved...revenge isnt a jedi trait but ****it it's great when you get some back. *****.

what are you sayin boss? ha?! i'll break ur teet into 3 halfs!!

i also have a set of spanners for sale. i bought dem for €300 boss, but fur you boss, €50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Oh great Jesus son of Mary, wife of Joseph! What are we gonna do, huh? Oh sweet Joseph, husband of Mary but not father of sweet Jesus.

Either you never left the house as a child and you were a complete wanker when you went to college, or you have absolutely no social skills.

I was beaten up a lot.

mink_man wrote: »
    what are you sayin boss? ha?! i'll break ur teet into 3 halfs!!

i also have a set of spanners for sale. i bought dem for €300 boss, but fur you boss, €50.
    Careful now.

When I say that, consider it a warning.
    Yes, a warning.
    Don't do it again.
    Or the person you quoted.

Problem?
    Help Desk is open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Are you Iraqi ?

I guess you could say, its my racket!

cashville wrote: »
    you got punched by a zombie??

I wish:pac:...no I it doesn't really matter I just feel that these people have less morality than others so they wouldnt hesitate in beating the cr.ap out of some random lad in town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Working as a doorman for 3 odd years I was never hit whilst working.

I was always approached when I was out having a few beers with mates, always hit when there was 2-3 on 1 i.e. me :(

Getting hit in the head was ok the few times it happened, getting kicked in the face did a bit more damage. Fuckin scumbags.

• Advertisement

What I meant to say was that anyone who has never been punched anywhere must be a recluse.

maybe the people who get punched look like people that other people don't like!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

No but I've been shot through the heart.
    Good luck getting that tune out of yer head :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I wish:pac:...no I it doesn't really matter I just feel that these people have less morality than others so they wouldnt hesitate in beating the cr.ap out of some random lad in town

It will have to be inadvertent revenge, unfortunately I wouldn't recognise him if I saw him, I wasn't actually watching him approach me. My bad for that.

KerranJast wrote: »
    No but I've been shot through the heart.
    Good luck getting that tune out of yer head :pac:

Just played it off my HD. Problem solved :p

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Got in a few rows here an there. Mainly drunken clowns hitting me or my friends and i jumped in. Never hurt too badly. Just broken nose a couple of times. I never start fights but always seem to get into them !!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It must have been some punch you took OP considering it took you until June the following year to recover and get on to After Hours to tell us about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I got a humdinger of a punch one night in Kiltimagh.

Me 'mate' was banging some hussy from the town and it now appears she had another rather large boyfriend. My mate knew this of course.

So we were making our exit, rather hasty like, and big knob turns up with the shirt open.

He swings for me mate, sly balls ducks and i end up tumbling over the bonnet of a Renault 5.

Man that hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

Ive gotten cracked across the side of teh head by a hockey stick from some ****er from tallaght. Apart from that I have been hit in the head more times than I can remember, last time I was about 17, some fool who'd been bullyin my grl friend stuck me a head butt to the chin when I wentto tell im to stop. After coming back up to swing at him it punched me in the ear (now that hurts) after that he ran off and it took three of my mates to hold me back so I wouldn't destroy the **** head.

Turned out for the bestthough, I eneded up getting him expelled from school cos of it. ****ing idiot decided to punch me right in front of the staff room window in school, the saw the whole thing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

At a gig back around Xmass some tosser punched me for no reason whilst out having a smoke, was too numbed by the booze to feel much but the cu nt knocked out a contact lens, so when he calmed down i done the noble thing, went to say something to him and when he leaned in hit the cu nt an almighty headbutt right in the schnozz and ran for my life, that learned him!:D (look, he was a lot bigger than me!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement