Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone been punched in the head?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

not since secondary school, im great friends with the fella i had the fight with now. i was over a can of coke:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Bout 8 fella's went to hop on me years ago, the smallest out of the lot of them ran across the road when his mates surrounded me and heasbutted me in the back of the head. ha ha was hilarious. Bit sore but I had me wooly hat on so it wasnt to bad. I went flying forward and pushed one of them over a little wall, didnt mean to but they dont know that. Ah great times. Life was simpler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Ruu wrote: »
    I guess you could say, its my racket!

Get off my property.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

mink_man wrote: »
    maybe the people who get punched look like people that other people don't like!

Maybe the people in AH don't like you.
    Permanently banned.

amazing how things work.

i was over a can of coke:eek:

Lucky ya came out alive mate, being over a can of coke is way worse than a barrell. Hope he got sent away for life.

Just played it off my HD. Problem solved :p

Bastid. Im singing along to CCR with the words for shot through the heart, godamm it lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Punched in the head and back of my leg just above the knee, I was limping for weeks with a horrible dull pain.

Wasn't really a proper fight just a messing around type of thing in school. Friends with the guy now.

Just for the record I rammed the one who did that into a bunch of school lockers and ended up denting one of the lockers and a bag which was on top fell on his head.
    Justice.

a bag which was on top fell on his head.
    Justice.

what was she doing up there in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

seanybiker wrote: »
    what was she doing up there in the first place?
    Em, Someone put it there because there was no space in their locker?
    Kit bag?

I don't know?

What difference does it make? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Justice.

i was over a can of coke:eek:

I was, over a euro.

He never got it either. I'd like to say I won, but then again, I was kneed into the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I was, over a euro.

He never got it either. I'd like to say I won, but then again, I was kneed into the face.

One more post for the 1000th...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Funny thread, Last February,I was leaving from my brothers 21th and walking to a nightclub, a big burly traveller comes from no-where and stops me and my friends,because he thought that we said something to him (which wasn't the case,he was just up to no good).

Anyways he tries to headbutt my friend,I step in and say wtf !? So he cracks me one,cue us walking away as he shouts down the street (there was like 3 more of them cunts,so we werent sticking around,he then walks behind me and gives me a haymaker to the ear! I was stunned,and with an awful ringing sound in my ear for the rest of the night,****in ruined the night altogether.

Tl;dr Version : Travellers are scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Been punched and kicked in the head. Certainly gives you perspective. I think every man should get a hiding at least once in their life in order to fully understand human nature.

BTW you were correct to seek vengeance.

Have to say I would agree with that. I used to get a fair bit of grief where I used to live growing up in Dublin, attempted muggings, attacked many times, fights etc etc, also been attacked once in Glasgow and London (with a bottle in glasgow and with a knife in london). It does give you a perspective on things. Haven't had that happen in a while though (touch wood).

Many situations I have seen involve one scumbag out of a group of 3-4 trying to build the psychological courage to attack you in the first place - while the 'victim' spends their energy trying to defuse the situation which just gets seen as a sign of weakness and only provokes things. In my experience it is more sensible approach of 'if trouble is unavoidable then don't try to avoid it' (& no I don't consider myself a tough guy by any means) & every situation is different.

Having said that a guy I know also had his face slit open with a razor at an atm machine once for absolutely no reason at all - (just for chuckles - not even a mugging). Another guy I know (english) had his nose broken on O'Connel St (also someones idea of a laugh) Thing is both of those guys are /were the most chilled out people I know. Genuinely nice people who wouldn't dream of hurting a fly. I think if you come from a background or an enviornment where you been in a fair few of those situations you tend to carry an awareness of things like that. I don't mean walking around in a constant state of paranoia or fear or anythng like that - just of being more generally aware of your surroundings and of the manner in which situations can rapidly deteriorate. Maybe I am just imagining it but if you have been in a few of those situations you tend to see it coming next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Quite a few times.

My sister once nearly knocked me out with a saucepan as well.

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    Quite a few times.

My sister once nearly knocked me out with a saucepan as well.

Fitting name so. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

When to a 24 hour garage at about 2am in the morning with two mates,we were standing at the hatch getting served when two polish guys came up behind up us (we could hear them speaking polish, hence we knew they were polish), one of them said hello and we said hello back, next thing one of them jumps up and gives my friend a flying kick in the head and the other one sucker punches me in the ear, after a few seconds of disorientation we came to our sense and with the odds in our favour 3 to 2, we gave them a deserved hiding and ended up with them in bits running away.

I couldn't believe how someone could completely unprovoked and just attack us, i dont like fighting, but i believe we were just in fighting back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Punched in the head!? Try getting kicked and punched for 15 mins by a group of 5 lads, feels like you got a brick smashed over your head for the week.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Terry wrote: »
    Maybe the people in AH don't like you.
    Permanently banned.

amazing how things work.

edit;

Anyway
    Had my nose broken and a fractured hairline in my skull when i was attacked outside a nightclub in cork by 2 or 3 lads. Didnt feel a thing at the time, i woke up like 20 seconds later to be greeted by 2 guards who asked if i was ok, i said i was and went home

Punched in the head!? Try getting kicked and punched for 15 mins by a group of 5 lads, feels like you got a brick smashed over your head for the week.:D

ill take your word for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭uprising

I would have thought most fellas have been punched in the head, i have a nose like ricky hatton, metal holding both cheekbones 2 different occasions one time it was a smack of an iron bar the other an unopened budweiser can rim smashed into my face, stabbed once, gun pointed at me twice, mostly all through drink and stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

uprising wrote: »
    I would have thought most fellas have been punched in the head, i have a nose like ricky hatton, metal holding both cheekbones 2 different occasions one time it was a smack of an iron bar the other an unopened budweiser can rim smashed into my face, stabbed once, gun pointed at me twice, mostly all through drink and stupidity.

they shud follow you with a camera on your nights out

uprising wrote: »

I thought the same. Surely everyone got a slap in the head. I never got a real good one. Well I jumped on 2 chaps I used to hang around with and fell over cos I was pissered. one held me down and the other was lashing smack on me face. They where crap. He ran off fairly quickly when I started laughing at him and told him to hit me like a man and not a bitch. All friends now and all that.

I was threatened with a bottle of Carling XL when I was in school by some knacker that was about 10 years older than me. That was funny. I wouldnt back down, yeah I know was stupid. in the end he didnt know what to do with me so fecked off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Terry wrote: »
    What I meant to say was that anyone who has never been punched anywhere must be a recluse.

Lol, I know a few people like that, never been in any fights and "people who fight are scum" etc etc.

Have got knocked around quite a bit... can't say I dislike fighting. I enjoy it actually :)

Nothing wrong with a good auld punchup. Of course, when it involves knives and gangs, then gtfo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

seanybiker wrote: »

I was threatened with a bottle of Carling XL .

Hope he wasn't going to make you drink it...

11811 wrote: »
    Hope he wasn't going to make you drink it...

thats what scared me. luckily he only asked me did I ever get a bottle smashed over me head. Thought that was a bit random meself.

Advertisement