Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Industrial/scaffold or anti tragus

Options
  • 16-06-2009 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hey everyone! I havent introduced myself yet so il make it quick, im ~me~ :) and so far i have both my lobes done twice, my anti/forward/anterior helix (i dunno which name is right at this stage) and a vch piercing! no tattoos-yet! and im hoping to get more piercings done but ive a few questions first!

So im sorry if its been asked before or if its a stupid question but i cant find the answer anywhere: does it matter how long the bar is for the industrial or can you get a short bar? like i want the two entry points to be close together rather than a standard length/distance apart. i hope this makes sense to someone? :o

also, as ive said, i have my lobes done twice and this basically takes up most of my lobe so would a piercer be able to tell me if an anti tragus would be possible if i just went in cause im almost sure theres not enough room for it to sit neatly!

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

As far as the scaffold goes, it depends on the shape of your ear. If you have kinda pointy ears, getting a short bar may not be a problem. The best thing to do is to have a piercer look at them, s/he will be able to tell you.
    If your going in to enquire about the tragus anyways, ask them about the scaffold aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

Thanks LD50, i have two points on my ear that stick out so thats where im hoping for the entry points to be if ya get me, so fingers crossed! thanks for your help!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

~me~ wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I havent introduced myself yet so il make it quick, im ~me~ :) and so far i have both my lobes done twice, my anti/forward/anterior helix (i dunno which name is right at this stage) and a vch piercing! no tattoos-yet! and im hoping to get more piercings done but ive a few questions first!

So im sorry if its been asked before or if its a stupid question but i cant find the answer anywhere: does it matter how long the bar is for the industrial or can you get a short bar? like i want the two entry points to be close together rather than a standard length/distance apart. i hope this makes sense to someone? :o

also, as ive said, i have my lobes done twice and this basically takes up most of my lobe so would a piercer be able to tell me if an anti tragus would be possible if i just went in cause im almost sure theres not enough room for it to sit neatly!

thanks!

Welcome :)

A decent piercer would be able to customise a barbell for your needs. They do come in different lengths and sizes, and a piercer should have a good selection available to them. Mine runs from my tragus to conch, and the piercer had to bend the bar themselves as the tragus is at a different angle to the conch.

And yes, a good piercer should definitely be able to tell you whether you suit an anti-tragus or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

jenizzle wrote: »
    Welcome :)

A decent piercer would be able to customise a barbell for your needs. They do come in different lengths and sizes, and a piercer should have a good selection available to them. Mine runs from my tragus to conch, and the piercer had to bend the bar themselves as the tragus is at a different angle to the conch.

And yes, a good piercer should definitely be able to tell you whether you suit an anti-tragus or not.
    Cool. I didn't know they'd bend the bar for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The bar should be custom bent for most piercings like this, eases the pressure on the actual piercing locations!

• Advertisement
Advertisement