Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkfest; Cairde Family day in peacepark, Sunday 12th July.

Options
  • 16-06-2009 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hello all, just a heads up on this years Parkfest. The Cairde festival http://www.cairdefestival.com/ family day in the beautiful Peace Park beside the Hawkswell which will be on Sunday 12th July. I know some of you were there last year and will remember a lovely day of fun and entertainment.

We are doing it again this year and feel it will be a great FREE day to be enjoyed by all, young and old.

If any of you would happen to be a certified 'First Aider' we would really like to hear from you as we need TWO such qualified persons to be on site as an insurance condition, also anyone who would like to be involved in helping out on the day could contact us info@cairdefestival.com or through the website or just show up on the day, early if possible and let someone know.

We have plans to make the park look special so do pop in during the day for a look.

If you go here http://www.cairdefestival.com/what's_on.html and click on the day there is a good 'jist' of the type of day we hope to have.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Thanks a million for posting this. Its just what Sligo needs and would be lovely to see much more events like this at Summer time. Plenty for all ages too.

I see Ray Coen is playing. I hope Colette is singing with him. She has the voice of an angel. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Thanks Blackiebest.

This is a lovely (as you say) FREE day out. I'll try to figure out who you are this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Thanks Blackiebest. We normaly miss it because it's not very well advertised all the years before. So thanks for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Sweet Cheeks

sounds great. I will be all over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I'd love to go but unless I somehow magically get the day off work I won't be able to make it:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Thought I'd bump this up. Anybody going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

:( Not me, I'm working

I am, thought you were coming too, Mrs T.

I am, thought you were coming too, Mrs T.

Are you asking? ;)
    I've been spreading the word as well so hope to see a few familiar faces there.

It's a date! maybe try that thai place at the quayside mall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Hello all, tomorrow is our big day, we have four hours, 8am till mid-day to turn the park into a haven of fun and colour, we have the materials, crew and required ambition to attempt staging a wonderful FREE day for all, young and old, in the beautiful safe environment of the Peace Park.

Please please come along and enjoy what we hope will be a highlight of your summer. Pop in for a few minutes or stay for the day. We have loose rope walkers, Polar bears on steriods, dancing, theatre, puppet shows, live music, craft wokshops, fancy dress parade, stilt walkers, etc etc... This is all FREE and we only want you to pop in and have a smile.

We look forward to post festival feedback and any ideas that might improve on what we do this year will be appreciated. I hope some of you might introduce yourselves to me if you pop in, I will be in the panama:)

Obviously anyone with kids will be really happy they go so please please spread the word,

hope to see you all between 12 and 6 and hope you enjoy the Parkfest!

It's a date! maybe try that thai place at the quayside mall?

;)

We had a fantastic time today. Our wee man and his wee friends had a ball and loved all the activities they joined in with. Everyone had great patience with the kids at the workshops. They even managed to persuade a very timid boy to join in (not talking about our wee man:D)

The only negative thing I encountered today was a man wouldn't let me sit in the (vacant) chair beside him so that I could breastfeed my baby! His reason was because his "friend" was sitting there drinking her tea and she'd gone walkabout!! :eek: I had to empty another chair of somebody elses belongings with a baby protesting because she was starving :mad: Luckily my friend saw me struggling and helped me.

I did look at everybody and wondered if they were blackiebest! If there are any more things on, like today could you please inform us.... Thank you for a brilliant day!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Well its nice to hear the only negative was an ignorant man! There is always one!

We had a great day and feel we acheived to put on what was a special day for a lot of people. However we intend for it to be even better next year but as its the people who attend who make it we want even more next year.

It will remain a free festival family day and hopefully establish itself as one of the hilights of Sligo's summer calender.

Thanks to all who came and especially the amazing bunch of well mannered and behaved kids who laughed all day.

Well it was a great day! I liked all the arts and crafts for the kids, and they loved it too.

We will be back next year. Let us know when it's on again on here!

Thanks for a lovely day!

Advertisement