Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cameron uses German accent: self-righteous indignation ensues

• 16-06-2009 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭

"Conservative leader David Cameron's polished public image took a battering when he put on a mock German accent when explaining his opposition to ID Cards.
    During a question and answer session in Norwich he adopted an accent last heard on an episode of 'Allo 'Allo and said: "Where are your papers?"
    A woman in the audience raised her hand and asked him: "I wonder about the wisdom of you adopting a German accent?"
    Mr Cameron told her: "It was meant to be light-hearted."
    Earlier one questioner had criticised Mr Cameron's decision to align the Conservatives with a right-wing Polish party in the European Union."

Seriously, when did the Brits become so goddam sensitive?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...Seriously, when did the Brits become so goddam sensitive?

When they discovered they were ex-Pres' Bush's bitch and shoved into a war that was/is totally illegal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Zis iz an outrage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The day Sky News was launched.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

They invaded Poland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

7/9/1940

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Driver 8 wrote: »
    They invaded Poland!

No, it was the Nazi Party annual office holiday, but they all decided to go to Warsaw, bit like bumping into half your neighbours when you go to Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

This is almost as scandalous as the time Bush was caught swearing while talking to Tony Blair! Cameron should stand down immediately! I mean this is an outrage!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I like Dave (we are on first name terms) but he can be a bit of a smug bastard at times so it will be good to see him get some grief.

I'm looking for the rediculously hypocritical headlines in the sun tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

I'm not an avid follower of British politics, but would I not be right in saying that as the foremost mainstream conservative party in Westminster, that the Tories are those most in favour of the introduction of ID cards and are most closely aligned in political ideology to the Nazi Germans whom Mr. Cameron has foolishly decided to impersonate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Ugh wow what an absolute cnut, he makes me grind my teeth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Don't mention the war.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

deadhead13 wrote: »
    Don't mention the war.

Which one? There's been so many... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

upmeath wrote: »
    I'm not an avid follower of British politics, but would I not be right in saying that as the foremost mainstream conservative party in Westminster, that the Tories are those most in favour of the introduction of ID cards and are most closely aligned in political ideology to the Nazi Germans whom Mr. Cameron has foolishly decided to impersonate?

No, that would be all political parties, excluding the Liberal Democrats, who are apparently Conservatives with their brains kicked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

"Conservative leader David Cameron's polished public image took a battering when he put on a mock German accent when explaining his opposition to ID Cards.
    During a question and answer session in Norwich he adopted an accent last heard on an episode of 'Allo 'Allo and said: "Where are your papers?"
    A woman in the audience raised her hand and asked him: "I wonder about the wisdom of you adopting a German accent?"
    Mr Cameron told her: "It was meant to be light-hearted."
    Earlier one questioner had criticised Mr Cameron's decision to align the Conservatives with a right-wing Polish party in the European Union."

Maybe someone should have taken her outside and thrown a bucket of water over the silly b***h:confused: What's wrong with a German accent? The Germans have one, don't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

This shít really bugs me.

People can't be funny anymore because some people have sticks up their arses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Biggins wrote: »
    The one with Tom Hanks in it.

ScumLord wrote: »

Gulf War I 1990-91 (aka 'Toy Story')?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

ScumLord wrote: »

Man, I love Turner and Hooch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Biggins wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

He's no Steve Mclaren. (very much an Englishman for those who arent football savvy)

• Advertisement

Cameron should be very aware of german sensitivitiy on this issue :mad:

Advertisement