Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regarding recent unfortunate events.

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

opr wrote: »
    Are all the poker Mods behind this decision ? If so are you all behind it 100% or to varying degrees ? I am asking since neither Laf or lloyd have said anything yet.

Opr

Lloyd was out getting drunk the varmit. We might have waited until tomorrow to get this thread going only for the fact that it needed to be started asap as things were boiling over quite badly.

I will let himself anf laf speak for themselves if they wish, but as far as I am aware, we will not be getting new mods, or old ones removed from the list.

Edit: laf got there before me I see. It is sad that I am actually older than Grandad in the corner :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I might actually be the 2nd youngest, think lloyds the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

KevIRL wrote: »
    Hey Musician, I assume you are referring to the 3 posters who have been sitebanned. That question is for the Admins.

May I ask who are the 3 sitebanned posters?

For the mods, lads I understand the reasons why you choose to volunteer your time to mod the poker forum and it's fairly obvious by now how much it's appreciated.
    Why after all of this do you still wish to continue? I'm asking this from a 'neutral' point of view as it were, disregarding who is right or wrong in all of this,genuinely is it really worth all the time/effort/distress for you all?

Last but not least,I realise nicnicnic was banned for a month,no arguments,not for me to decide and all that,I'd like to make a request though.

Nicky as you are all aware has 40% of his wsop tournie buyins dispersed among many pokerforum users,he's heading off to Vegas tomorrow and I know he intended keeping his thread and backers updated on his progress.

Any chance of a bit of leniency so he can keep people informed?

He wouldn't wish to deprive people of their own piece interest in the world series,when for many this is the primary reason they bought %'s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭R__J

Quick question. How many of you guys have girlfriends?

R__J wrote: »

No time,what with the wife and kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭R__J

No time,what with the wife and kids.

Cooler

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭sendic

I've read this thread and I'm still not sure if there is an anti-poker faction within the admin community. I know some of the guys have said they don't care what others think of the poker forum. as i understand it all the new admins are on an equal footing with dev, cloud etc. If there is bad feeling within the admins towards poker then surely staying here is not a long term solution? This whole thing will just blow up again.

Apologies if i've missed something, its passed my bedtime

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Read the start of this thread, got too long. Imo lets leave it. Business as usual, no need for feedback threads about it. The mods are more or less happy. Forget about the whole thing and lets enjoy the time we have without CHD posting in every thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

For the mods, lads I understand the reasons why you choose to volunteer your time to mod the poker forum and it's fairly obvious by now how much it's appreciated.
    Why after all of this do you still wish to continue? I'm asking this from a 'neutral' point of view as it were, disregarding who is right or wrong in all of this,genuinely is it really worth all the time/effort/distress for you all?

Last but not least,I realise nicnicnic was banned for a month,no arguments,not for me to decide and all that,I'd like to make a request though.

Nicky as you are all aware has 40% of his wsop tournie buyins dispersed among many pokerforum users,he's heading off to Vegas tomorrow and I know he intended keeping his thread and backers updated on his progress.

He wouldn't wish to deprive people of their own piece interest in the world series,when for many this is the primary reason they bought %'s?

The 3 sitebanned users (as I understand it) are Lazare, thedini and CHD.

As for the nicnicnic situation, we are working on it.

As for why we do it, well apart from the free entry to the IO and all other major events, for me its cause I really do like the spirit of community on here have done since my second post on the poker forum (the first one I made I got jumped on and didnt come back for a while) and I like the chance to help out. Sometimes it is a pain, especially over the last few days, but overall I feel its worth it. I've met a lot of sound people from being poker mod and they all seem to like buying me beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Not for much longer if this kind of thing happens again!! She is not a happy bunny, I'll more than likely be getting the coach for a while. :( Although Danny's answer is better and so true... :)
    Lazare, thedini and CHD.
    Normally it's not that much work, there's enough of us to keep the place ticking over just based on the time we'd spend here naturally, so it doesn't really involve all that more work or time then you guys spend just posting here, apart from just doing the annoying cleaning and stuff.

Apart from a few Drama bombs down the years, this weekend is the first time anything like this has ever happened, certainly no drama bomb was ever even near the levels of time that went into this whole situation.

But personally, (I'd say the lads are similar) after all that has happened in this forum over the last few years, growing and developing into what it is now, it really would have been terrible to let it all crumble and burn, there's also the loyalty and respect for DeVore and all he's done for Irish Poker and this forum to consider too. That played a HUGE role in my decision anyway to continue. Another obvious reason was that after all the work and effort we all (DeVore, mods and users alike) have put into this place for it to die just have been an incredible shame, hence why I felt the need to do everything that I did anyway. Whether all this time and effort was worth it, well I suppose all we can do is wait and see.

On this all I can say is we're working on it.

• Advertisement

Yes, and she's really annoyed with me atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

Starting to get old now. Nobodys covered themselves in glory. Sure some of the Admins were out of line, but there was plenty poker posters getting fkn hormonal too. it was like a liveline episode ffs. One or two posters who i'd long suspected of being a bit "special" confirmed it, think one was banned.
    What are people looking for here?Blowjobs from DEV and the Admins?

Thanks Kev,Ste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Chd and the dini should have been flogged Lazare is a good guy normal married and all personally if i was a mod id find better things to do with my time anything than police a fecking forum for very little in return

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Yes, and she's really annoyed with me atm.

Show her your Hendon Mob Profile (if you don't already have it framed above your bed) and her eyes will light up at the riches your poker skilz will bring her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

My final Post

First of all to DEV...

While you have come on here and admited wrong I still think it is too little too late.. It is an apology with a gun to your head.. you had the opportunity to put things right early on and squandered it. what ensued was your own making IMO

I called on you in the feedback thread to defend your mods... the bashing they took was totally unreasonable and the support they got from other mods/admins was poor to say the least

" FAO DEV....
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boston View Post
    Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out lads. If anyone is to blame it's you useless excuses for moderators. Especially KevIRL. I read your post saying it was ok to troll TCN. You're not fit to mod any forum on boards.ie.

This is not Devores fault, it's the "bad apples" and the moderators who allow it to happen. This victimisation bint you're on isn't winning anyone over. Why don't you do like you comrades did and fall on your own sword, at least that would show you taking some responsibility.

Ironic considering the lack of judgement from the poker forum mods.

Nah, I recon all the mods should be demodded, the thread restored and the trolling users site banned.

Macspower wrote:
    This I will NEVER stand for... the moderation by the mods in the poker forum has probably been the best modding of anywhere I've ever seen

DEV for gods sake come on and stand up for DOM/STE/KEV/Lloyd you know these guys and the job they have done.. BE A MAN and BE COUNTED and come on here and defend your mods and you will get some respect from me...

then deal with the BBV issue "

Also I made a number of reasonable level headed posts and they were deleted by Kinetic^ without warning or explanation... when I asked about them I was ignored and deleted again... then the way I observed him "mod" the poker forum in the absence of our own mods was digraceful and downright insulting to the decent people of this forum...

I would never be happy posting on boards again while his name remains anyway associated with the poker forum

The whole matter leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I feel saddened that after 4000+ posts in the poker forum that at the moment I don't feel comfortable posting here again..

To the Mods,

fair play to you all for standing up for yourselves and many thanks for all your level headed modding over the years...

To the decent people of the poker forum you truely are the best bunch of guys/gals I've had the pleasure to spend time with ..

I have met many of you in person and I have yet to meet one of you I didn't like..

You have been a great support in good and bad times and helped me get back on my feet many times during the time I had to play poker full time. for this I thank you..

Also for the support shown recently when someone tried to slander my good name was overwhelming and it showed yet again how united the poker foum is..

And lastly to those that remember/supported my fundraising a few years ago when I managed to raise over 5 k to go to the chernobyl childrens project... many thanks again....

Who knows what the future might hold but as I said I don't feel comfortable posting here now and I guess I'll see you at the tables...

regards,

Paul McLoughlin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Would adding another mod or three to the roster in The Cuckoo's nest be worthwhile?

Having batted this idea about before, I think the response was that the admins can keep eye on it too as it's a part of 'sys' category, however it's just that to my untrained eye it's always felt a bit understaffed.

Only one moderator, smoke.me.a.kipper is listed since pam was blasted off into space.

randyshorhorn? ruubot? etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

5starpool wrote: »
    Dave, I believe I have addressed a lot of tis in my last post. As for the comment about Beruthial, while not exactly diplomatic, it is fair comment in my view, insofar as it is your opinion. She is an admin of this site, and one persons power trip is another persons correct line on things.

I certainly don't agree with everything that admins say, but in general we have to work together for the betterment of the site. She has a thick skin as she has said many times. I'm sure she as well as any mod/admin welcomes views that are put forward reasonably. Feedback thread might be a better platform for that though I think.

I don't really feel strongly enough about it to bother posting in the feedback forum, and to say I don't like her is probably a little over the top, I don't know her at all. I just think that she, and most of the other admins, could be a lot more tactful and diplomatic in the way they deal with problems. Successful dictatorships don't remind their minions that they're oppressed at every opportunity they get, they at least give them an illusion of having some sort of power.

/End derailment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Read the start of this thread, got too long. Imo lets leave it. Business as usual, no need for feedback threads about it. The mods are more or less happy. Forget about the whole thing and lets enjoy the time we have without CHD posting in every thread.

Couldn't agree more. Especially the part about CHD.

I would like to say that I think some good has come from the last few days. They have really opened my eyes to how much people care about this community, and everyone(some people went about it the wrong way granted) has pulled together and that can only be good for the place as a whole.

I'd like to thank the mods for choosing to stay here and continue to make this place what it is, and again thank Dev for keeping a cool head in a very compromising position. He has said the admins are discussing what has happened and how to make sure such an event does not happen again, and that's good enough for me.

Also, cheers to Kinetic, who has been like a fish out of water and done his best in very difficult circumstances. I think he has learned this place is completely unique and that our house rules are quite different from anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Lloyd says elsewhere that he is 'not quite there yet', which is quite worrying if not all the mods see the same way. am i taking this up wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Im glad this has,give or take worked out Ok. A little perspective is needed from a few of the lads IMO....Can only imagine the work the Mods put into this...Fair dues of epic proportions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

wow, what a difference 24 hours make

it all went from this

Catonarampagewithautomatichahaha.gifcat_stickup.jpg

to this - thank god

*****************Admins***************************** POKER MODS/COMMUNITY
    hugging.jpg

Am not great at getting my point/feelings accross on this whole matter so maybe a few stupid pictures above will help. In times of utter crap, with work and other stuff, im delighted to see some sense of normality being restored to the poker forum.. It's great to see that the poker community got behind their mods (who'd have thought:rolleyes::rolleyes:), but mistakes were made on both sides, and lessons have been learn't,

Now can we all go back to the BBV thread and have a bit of yuletired humour, I need some cheering up, work is crap:rolleyes:

underwirebra.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

As an occasional BBV lurker, it was clear that poker was different to a lot of other parts of the site. It needs a different approach to mod which is cool.

So we have;

1. poker mod makes mistake
    2. admin makes mistake

It's a pity it wasn't resolved right there by our all knowing 'network brain' to borrow a phrase from feedback.
    There's nothing in you're post to report in a charter breaking sense to it's pointless. And to be honest you're entitled to express you're opinion on the poker mods and I have no problem with that. What did bother me is seeing that all the admins and Dev were willing to go bend over backwards to protect a soccer mod after she got some slagged in a whole different website but when it comes to the 4 poker mods getting abuse they do absolutly nothing to defend the poker mods or come out and thank them for the job they've done. Too me it seems all the admins were more then happy to throw them all under the bus.
    This was the worst part of the whole fiasco. (A few infractions != standing by your poker mods)

Onward to victory!

I've been asked by thedini to post this here on his behalf
    I have asked KEVIRL to post this because I know most people don't visit the prison forum. I certainly wouldn't have as I only recently found out it even existed.
    I would like to apologise for my actions in particular to Deki for the pathetic name calling which was totally unprovoked and unacceptable. We all know who the real ... is.
    I would also like to apologise most profusely to the poker forum (posters/mods/lurkers) for the fallout which insued whether directly or indirectly by my idiotic actions.
    I am glad that ye have received your BBV back, enjoy it and I hope there are no lasting repurcussions as a result of everything.
    @Sickpuppy I am not looking for forgiveness, what I did was inexcusable but a flogging comeon. Line me up against a wall and shoot me altogether.

I'm glad this has cone to a conclusion, I agree with most of the posts about the admins not defending our mods in certain threads till a gun was put to there head. But anyway at least were gettin back on track I hope.

Also LOL at you lot thanking Kinetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

There are many organisations that I know and have been part of and I can safely say, they certainly would not have retrieved the situation of the last few days.

Well done to all involved. :)

Hear, hear.

But there aren't many organisations which would have left it come to this.

The million count thread could be made up of discussion on this topic alone.

Can there be a new Truth & Justice forum like they have in South Africa?

_41212076_fan_416.jpg

I'm glad this has cone to a conclusion, I agree with most of the posts about the admins not defending our mods in certain threads till a gun was put to there head. But anyway at least were gettin back on track I hope.

Thanks again for the support Richie

Richie I've removed part of your post which I feel would be more suitable in the feedback thread at the moment. Also you are going to have to stop calling people names man

Thanks again for the support Richie

Richie I've removed part of your post which I feel would be more suitable in the feedback thread at the moment. Also you are going to have to stop calling people names man

I see, well how about I just say I'd like to see a statement from Kinetic explaining his actions on this forum, that ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

er how about we just move on?

I think we've seen a few posts at this point saying that he was the category admin which Poker resides under, all the mods had turned in their badges, given the rather heated nature of everyone no "temporary" mods were going to appear. He was modding what at the time was rather a militant set of indivuduals and applied a style of modding he felt comfortable with.

Living in the past is a bit zzz.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Aye Drakar, I've a headache the size of Kansas from this sh*tstorm in a teacup.

The fact that we worked, hard, to get agreement with the mods should speak volumes. There is no disrespect here, just disagreements which have been and are being settled.

The biggest problem here was a lot of people not knowing when to keep their big traps shut quite frankly, both inside *and* outside the poker community. That makes finding a solution to a simple problem a LOT HARDER.

The admins and the mods have focused on the important things and are not going to be derailed. They have our backing and we have theirs.

I dont know what more you want from me.... a poem? :)

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement