Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming in Waterford

Options
  • 16-06-2009 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of doing some swimming to eventually get good enough to do a short triathlon this summer. Has anyone any recommendations of beaches where swimming in the sea is safe and ideal for training?

I hate the monotony of swimming up and down a pool so ideally I'd be swimming from point A to B and back again.

Are there any triathlon clubs that would take on a complete newbie with plenty of good intentions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

There is a triathlon club that trains most Monday evenings in Dunmore East from 6.30 ish (at least I think this is correct) - I think they are called Waterford Triathlon Club

But anyway Dunmore East is probably your best bet, just watch out for jet skis and report them if they come within 200m of the shore

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭vegas elvis

waterford tri club do indeed swim in dunmore at 6:30 on mondays. If you ring one of the contacts on the website I'm sure they'll fill you in:

http://www.waterford-triathlon.com/Contact.htm

Make sure you let someone know who you are on your first evening as newbies are buddied-up with more experienced people for safety

Carrick Tri Club also train there at the same time.

You might want to get a move on with the training though & enter a race, as most of the local races are either coming up soon or will be full soon

good luck with it anyway

Advertisement