Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What band would you like to be in...?

Options
  • 16-06-2009 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

... But to join the band, you have to kick out another member. So what band and who would you replace?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

I am a U2 fanatic, but I couldn't replace Larry Mullen Jr behind the kit as it just wouldn't be U2. With the greatest singer, guitarist, bassist and drummer in the world today all coming together to make U2, means that it would be a sin for a member to be replaced.

In truth, I would probably choose Coldplay, as i love their music but not so much to the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

id replace caleb from kings of leon, but only if i magically acquired his voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Max or Jay Weinberg of the E Street Band

OR

Nigel Oslon from Elton John's band

OR

John Micelli of The Never Land Express (Meat Loaf's backing Band!)

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

any member of thin lizzy
    wouldn't it have been great to even be behind the curtain with a triangle:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Creeping-Death

mars bar wrote: »
    Max or Jay Weinberg of the E Street Band

OR

Nigel Oslon from Elton John's band

OR

John Micelli of The Never Land Express (Meat Loaf's backing Band!)

God yes, nobody else could ever be Springsteen but thats the nearest and next best..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The Like. :D

But I couldn't kick any of them out...

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

id like to be in ur fukin ould lady. i hear her box is massive.

ye're all queers.
    Aren't you a hoot;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I'd kick Bono out of U2...

....that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

id like to be in ur fukin ould lady. i hear her box is massive.

ye're all queers.

I LOL'd

Mine isn't a band per se

I just wanna be Seasick Steve!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

vflhp wrote: »
    I am a U2 fanatic, but I couldn't replace Larry Mullen Jr behind the kit as it just wouldn't be U2. With the greatest singer, guitarist, bassist and drummer in the world today all coming together to make U2, means that it would be a sin for a member to be replaced.

In truth, I would probably choose Coldplay, as i love their music but not so much to the band.

Im sorry but the drum and bass section of U2 is one of the blandest and most boring in modern music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Mulan

I'd have to replace Jimmy Smith who plays with Van Morrison, Frances Black and a lot more, A pure genius on guitar, and a very nice guy. I met him once.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I wouldn't mind playing efficient stern teutonic metal in Rammstein. Although something weird would probably be done to me. Hmmm maybe not. Probably would go for Radiohead, replace Ed O Brien.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

The Like. :D

But I couldn't kick any of them out...

ew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

Arctic Monkeys. I'd kick the main lad out, then break the band up, coz they're absolute shíte.

Advertisement