Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside Nostalgia

Options
  • 05-06-2009 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

But which class do you find the hardest to kill

scatmax :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

DarthWraak wrote: »
    scatmax :D

You still playing PS with DT on gemmy yah bum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Mmmm Lasher got a big buff... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

You still playing PS with DT on gemmy yah bum?

Haha yeah, just resubbed last week. The game is pretty dead, but still fun I guess :)
    Nehaxak wrote: »
    Mmmm Lasher got a big buff... :D

Oh lordy yes, Im glad I play VS so I dont have to be on the receiving end of that thing :o

Haha yeah, just resubbed last week. The game is pretty dead, but still fun I guess :):o

Btw, do you ever play WoW, if so what server you play?

Even if the merger does go ahead, cant see myself ever going back.

It's still full of cheaters anyway at the moment, they've released new updates et all to change the code locations for the cheats but they're fighting a losing battle. Very, very frustrating playing it now, seems to be so many cheaters you actually feel left out because you're not cheating :(

...but, I still find the odd few hours game enjoyable.

You play TR btw yeah ? Remember speaking to you some years back in game :)

• Advertisement

It's still full of cheaters anyway at the moment, they've released new updates et all to change the code locations for the cheats but they're fighting a losing battle. Very, very frustrating playing it now, seems to be so many cheaters you actually feel left out because you're not cheating :(

...but, I still find the odd few hours game enjoyable.

You play TR btw yeah ? Remember speaking to you some years back in game :)

Yeh, started with NC back in 2003, but moved over to TR around mid '05. Btw what was your toons name?

Had a few really but one I concentrated most with on Werner was Epitome, on VS side, part of UniMatrix VS platoon (still miss them tbh, was great fun back in the days when we all played together).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Massively off-topic for the thread and the forum. Moved to vanilla MMO forum.

I went back for a while, but still found the difficulty in getting into a community/good guild the limiting factor.

Without some friends to play with, it makes the game a monotonous zerging around capturing anything available and the little skirmishes are only enjoyable for so long...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This is the one MMO that i regret never having gotten into. I'd give it a go, but as others have said, its supposed to be pretty dead, and you'd need a good gang of people to get the most enjoyment out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Ah fond memories. Used to play with the TR guild LLOD (Last Line of Defense) on Werner back in the day when planetside was filled and you sometimes couldn't get onto continents, packed as they were.

Used to be the team's resident air-support pilot (Galaxy, Liberator, Lodestar) and medic.

Fun times :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

This game looks really interesting although I've never ever heard of it before, just looking at it on Wikipedia at the moment and it looks really cool.

Is it worth playing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Claypigeon wrote: »
    This game looks really interesting although I've never ever heard of it before, just looking at it on Wikipedia at the moment and it looks really cool.

Is it worth playing now?

Havent played since before the various server merges but back then its was pretty much a ghost town. Real pity SOE screwed up so much with this game as it was awesome in its day :(

The game is still pretty well populated on gemini (the US server). Werner the Europeon server is not really used.

Far as i know u can get a trial account, but that might have changed. But either way the game only costs a few euro.

Tbh, its the best online game i ever played, really have some fond memories. Just that when the europeon server died and with no way to tranfer toons to the American one, i lost interest in lvling new toons.

Had a few really but one I concentrated most with on Werner was Epitome, on VS side, part of UniMatrix VS platoon (still miss them tbh, was great fun back in the days when we all played together).

Lol, i remember you alright - good times back then. Far as i know Unimatrix moved to gemini and are still around. Wicky still plays too afaik.

Btw, do you ever play WoW, if so what server you play?

I was playing WoW for the past year on US servers with a few of the DT crew. Ive pretty much given up on the game anyways.

There isnt many familiar faces left from Werner that play on Gemini, but I did spot a few Mercs playing a few days ago.

For anyone interested in giving it a shot, you might as well do it now. The game still has fights, pretty much 24/7 thanks to the latest server merge. Around our time (GMT) in the evening there is usually 2 fights going on. Maybe 3 continents opened at US peak times. Its worth a go, Im having fun playing it right now so theres still life in this beat up old horse ;)

How to get a free 14 day trial...

1. Download the client ( here

2. Make an account on the launchpad

3. Sign in with that account (it will prompt you to start the trial, click yes)

4. Log in and start shooting some ****!

Woah I feel like Sony's butt buddy for just posting that, but its always good to see new faces in the game :) You can restart the trial over and over by the way, they never fixed the broken trial system heh :o

Seeing as how the game is pretty much on life support SOE should bring back the free to play to rank 6 gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I believe there are still a few of the old Werner crowd playing, though I don't know how often. I resubed again recently myself, but technical issues on my PC are keeping me from playing at present.

I believe the intention is to do a server merge, and move all the Werner characters across, but its on the long finger at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Anybody have contact details for any Irish or EU crowd on any server, still have a few weeks of subscription left and would love to put it to good use if I can find people to play with.

Ivan wrote: »
    Anybody have contact details for any Irish or EU crowd on any server, still have a few weeks of subscription left and would love to put it to good use if I can find people to play with.

Just post on the PS forums, there is still a few Werner/EU players on Gemmy. Mind you, some of the Werner outfits that moved to gemmy and still play, are up their own a$$e$ - Merc's anyone...!

Lol, i remember you alright - good times back then. Far as i know Unimatrix moved to gemini and are still around. Wicky still plays too afaik.

Yeah, seen her around a few times. Kind of lost touch with them all though.

Wish they'd go ahead with the Werner merge, would enjoy the game more now if I could play my BR24 VS character, still pissed Werner died a fast death before I could get BR25.

What's missing for me mostly these days is the proper organisation you get from a good outfit, really miss that.

• Advertisement

There's also this one...

http://welkin4591.com/

Chinese rip off of PlanetSide, dubbed unofficially PlanetSide2.

Haven't bothered to download and install it but from what I've seen it doesn't look half bad.

Im suprised PS is still going tbh. As for br40, its something ill never see anyway. Had 2 br25/cr5 on werner, and now merger aint going to happen. Guess who wont to back to ps ;).

Well I'm one small block away from BR17 now on my VS toon on Gemini, got a few more BR tonight :D oh and also CR2, done that also tonight. So I guess I'll probably get BR25 before the Werner merge happens :/

There was two poplocked continents also earlier, which was nice to see.

Well I'm one small block away from BR17 now on my VS toon on Gemini, got a few more BR tonight :D oh and also CR2, done that also tonight. So I guess I'll probably get BR25 before the Werner merge happens :/

There was two poplocked continents also earlier, which was nice to see.

Lol, u could have 3 br40/cr5 on werner before it merges:p

Just got 45 days free. Anyone with an unsubbed account should get it too

Just got 45 days free. Anyone with an unsubbed account should get it too

How did you find out about this? Email or checking the PS site?

Venom wrote: »
    How did you find out about this? Email or checking the PS site?

I got no email. One of the guys in my guild said it to me, and I tried logging in to my account and there was 45 free days heh! I checked the OF and looks like everyone got it except for currently subbed players

Have the 45 days as well on my account :) 30 min till patching finishes and I get to kill me some dirty Vanu :D

• Advertisement

Finally!

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=88000023887
    Greetings Soldier of Auraxis!

In the interest in maintaining a high level of competition and gameplay within the three empires of PlanetSide®, the Werner server will be merged into the Gemini server on August 25, 2009.

Preserve your Legacy! After the merge, many character names will be duplicated, and priority will be given to players who have logged in most recently and to those who created their names first. (See below for name change details.)

As a thank you to our loyal PlanetSide players, special merits will be given to native Werner players to represent your past server. Characters will receive their merits upon logging in to Gemini for the first time after the server merge is complete.

Character Name Conflict Rules

Players that have logged in to their characters during the ninety (90) day period immediately preceding the server merge will have priority to their character names.

If both players have logged in to their characters during the ninety (90) day period immediately preceding the server merge, priority goes to the player who created the character name first.

If neither player has logged in to their characters during the ninety (90) day period immediately preceding the server merge, priority still goes to the player who created the character name first.

Characters who are deemed the lower priority duplicate name based on the rules described above will have a "-W" (for Werner characters) or a "-G" (for Gemini) added to the end of their name.

Any player who receives the "-W" or "-G" to the end of his or her character name will be able to change his or her name by using the following command in game: /rename

There is no deadline for name change completion, but once a name is changed it cannot be changed again.

Reserve, trial and rental accounts that did not convert to a fully paid and entitled subscription prior to August 25, 2009, will have all characters on such accounts deleted, will not be eligible to have characters moved to the Gemini server as part of the server merge, and will no longer have access to characters on those accounts after the server merge (August 25, 2009).

Example of a name conflict: If "Thom" from Werner was created before "Thom" from Gemini, then "Thom" from Werner would remain the same, and "Thom" from Gemini would become "Thom-G" on Gemini.

Outfit Name Conflict Rules

Duplicated outfit names will change similar to duplicated character names.

* Priority will be given to the outfit name created first. The outfit name created second will be deemed the duplicate name.
    * Outfit names that are deemed to be the duplicate outfit name will have a "-W" (for Werner outfits) or an "-G" (for Gemini outfits) added to the end of their outfit name.
    * Outfits with a duplicate name containing the "-W" or "-G" suffix, will be allowed to change their outfit name. Outfit leaders will be permitted to change the outfit name while in game with the command: /outfitrename
    * There is no deadline for name change completion, but once a name is changed, it cannot be changed again.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement