Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chicken from fast food places

• 17-06-2009 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭

Quick question:

Where does chicken prepared in chinese takeaways come from? Generally speaking. I know this may depend on the establishment.

Does it have to be Irish? Is there some sort of law that prevents the importing of foreign chicken into the country?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

please.... answer before the takeaway down the road closes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭fionnmar

hi peanuthead
    no it does not have to be irish. has to have a health mark (inspected by environmental health officers) but as long as traceability is in place, so eho knows where its coming from, then no not irish. does that help?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

peanuthead wrote: »
    Is there some sort of law that prevents the importing of foreign chicken into the country?

No, tesco do frozen chicken from thailand, I think Big Als chicken is also from thailand. I would expect M&S have chicken from the UK.

rubadub wrote: »
    No, tesco do frozen chicken from thailand, I think Big Als chicken is also from thailand. I would expect M&S have chicken from the UK.

yeah actually thats right, M&S do have British chicken

• Advertisement
Advertisement