Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play TV on TV3 Thread in Television?

Options
  • 17-06-2009 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055570309&page=58

Why was this thread closed? It was good fun, it was very popular judging by the size of it, i loved it anyway, it wasnt off topic, it wasnt doing anything illegal, just taking the piss out of some awful television. It was just closed for no reason with no explanation, then when someone made a thread asking why it was closed the same mod who locked it Bond-007, comes in and locks that aswell without explaining why, very annoying the way he just orders no more discussion of it without giving a reason.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Im stunned it lasted so long with some of the comments made about the show! Great thread but some dodgy comments about the company!

Btw, you really should PM the mod rather then going straight to Feedback or creating a thread in the forum (which isn't allowed anyway) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Sully wrote: »
    Im stunned it lasted so long with some of the comments made about the show! Great thread but some dodgy comments about the company!

Btw, you really should PM the mod rather then going straight to Feedback or creating a thread in the forum (which isn't allowed anyway) :)

Maybe theres legal issues?

If so then here is probably the best place to discuss it.

I know im fascinated to know if tv3 give a toss what people here think of the show

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

yes i'm chived

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

yes i'm chived,curried,chilied

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Had a quick look over the thread, alot of pointless ****e comments in it, I don't blame Bond for locking it
    It was a train wreck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Cabaal wrote: »
    Had a quick look over the thread, alot of pointless ****e comments in it, I don't blame Bond for locking it
    It was a train wreck

As was this one in AHs.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055574901&page=32
    I noticed a couple of newly regged posters continually bump the thread and posting numerous times one after the other so I reported them and dr bollocko closed the thread.
    It came across as a total sham of a programme imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There's an announcement over on the Television forum with the reasoning behind the decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

That explains it all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Good stuff lads, on the ball as usual.

Inside info or public knowledge about the investigations?

Sully wrote: »
    Good stuff lads, on the ball as usual.

Inside info or public knowledge about the investigations?
    It is indeed public knowledge. Ring the BCC and ask how many complaints they are dealing with. It has also been reported in the newspapers.

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote: »
    It is indeed public knowledge. Ring the BCC and ask how many complaints they are dealing with. It has also been reported in the newspapers.

Interesting, Thanks Bond.

I understand emotions might be running high and people are walking on eggshells at the moment, but whats with the doubletalk and bullshìt in the announcement?
    1. The threads are a complete waste of time and were an excuse for some newly registered member's to spam and increase their post count.
    Hello? Lets Count to a Million? The ENTIRE Nocturnal forum (imo).
    2. Lately all the thread seems to consist of derogatory comments about the presenters which are uncalled for. Also other posters were engaging in personal abuse towards other members.
    The first part of this could apply to any thread in most forums and indeed in the TV forum in any of the commercial threads. The second part is a basic rule of boards.ie
    3. Also the use of terms such as scam, con, rip off etc could cause legal issues.

Surely this is the basis for the locking of the thread?

Dont get me wrong, i dont really care one way or the other about the thread and i have my own opinions on PlayTV. I'm just curious as to why the issue seems to be deliberately clouded.

Dustaz wrote: »
    I understand emotions might be running high and people are walking on eggshells at the moment, but whats with the doubletalk and bullshìt in the announcement?
    There's absolutely no doubletalk or bullshìt in the Announcement.

To address what you've said:
    Hello? Lets Count to a Million? The ENTIRE Nocturnal forum (imo).
    It's a wholly different situation.. forums like TCN, The Nocturnal Forum, BGRH (etc) were set up for a bit of chat and dicking about. And they had their own rules and agendas.

The PlayTV thread was exactly why list type threads were stopped in the Films forum.. it's merely commenting to up your post count with nothing really to add bar inane comments against the presenters or stupidity of the questions being asked. No duh.. it's a call in quiz show.. it's hardly Mensa!
    The first part of this could apply to any thread in most forums and indeed in the TV forum in any of the commercial threads. The second part is a basic rule of boards.ie
    Regarding the first part of the statement, we have closed threads in the past which evolved into petty slagging against presenters (i.e "the Lucy Kennedy Debacle"). It's uncalled for to be honest!

Regarding the second part.. from the Television Board charter:
    * Try to be friendly & courteous to each other. If things get out of hand, offenders will be banned. (Any Abuse or Racism will not be tolerated)

It's not acceptable on the Television forum.. we rarely ban but like it said - "If things get out of hand.."
    Surely this is the basis for the locking of the thread?
    This was definitely a leading factor in it's locking alright... but the other reasons outlined above were all IMO valid.

Fair enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

If you would like to discuss Play TV, visit the PLAY TV Forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

emmetmcl wrote: »
    If you would like to discuss Play TV, visit the PLAY TV Forums.

Am I entitled to tell this guy to GTFO?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Already reported.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Yes, you may. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Look at the "Winners" forumn, where you post if you've won or know anyone who has, no posts. Why doesn't that surprise me. :p

I think that forum has become disused. There were only ever 2 people on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Is discussion on Play TV banned sitewide on boards.ie due to some complaint made to boards.ie or was it a moderator's decission ?

I took a decision to ban it from the TV forum as the posts were out of hand and getting into libel. All the mods agreed with this stance.

It is likely that discussion will be allowed in a limited form on Quizzes and Gameshows in the very near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

This is not meant to be sarcasm or anything.

Has anybody noticed that RTE journalists and newspaper columnists are quoting Boards.ie more and more since the Capitol D item devoted to it?

I hope it is not just lazy journalism by them,They seemed to almost always look to non Irish based sites for sources.

May,be listening to the *plain people* of Ireland*on boards.ie has helped them over their inferiority complex?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I agree by this decision fully.

Boards.ie is the 18th most popular site in Ireland! It has been quoted in the media many times so it is influential. Most people think that what is said on boards doesn't go further than boards, but they're wrong - libel about play tv can be read by anyone.

Google 'play tv tv3' - the first thing that comes up is boards (even before Play TV's actual website). So the Play TV threads have to stop. We don't want another MCD.

Google 'play tv ireland' - the first thing that comes up is boards (even before Play TV's actual website). So the Play TV threads have to stop. We don't want another MCD.
    Unfortunately that's the Playstation TV Tuner! ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

basquille wrote: »
    Unfortunately that's the Playstation TV Tuner! ;)

Ah, on the ball :p

I meant to say search 'play tv tv3' :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

As sharpshooter said above. We will not be entertaining discussion on Play TV in AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What sort of spud would want to sit through that crap in order to post about it online?

Jesus, the worlds in a worse state than I thought

People want to discuss it, and they can now here.

Health warning applies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Meh, no point if its just talking about the puzzles, its not fair that one of the countries major companies is behaving like this and we cant discuss it.

Advertisement