Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 Stars too many tattooed on face

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭barochoc

What an idiot. No way she communicated just 3 stars & how did she fall asleep during the session?

A needle puncturing your skin maybe hundreds of times a minute is uncomfortable if not painful.

Sounds like a stunt. Wonder if they're hoping to haul in a few quit from appearing on talk shows etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Maybe he feels guilty because she's only 18 and he gave her a pretty intense looking facial tattoo, which if nothing else, was silly on his part, as I doubt she was heavily tattooed already...

I can see this resulting in artists clamping down even further on doing facial tattoos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Maybe he feels guilty because she's only 18 and he gave her a pretty intense looking facial tattoo, which if nothing else, was silly on his part, as I doubt she was heavily tattooed already...

I can see this resulting in artists clamping down even further on doing facial tattoos.

Yes, he probably feels he needs to review his policies a little bit! Between tattooing an 18-year-old's face and not getting written consent from clients he is setting himself up for a lot of problems (as he has just discovered).

Hopefully, artists WILL clamp down further on doing facial tattoos! It's sad to see something like this happen (although at 18 the girl herself should also have been copped on enough to realise the repercussions of getting a massive facial tattoo - having said that the artist does need to know where to draw the line between what a client wants and what the artist himself should do).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

I feel sorry for the tattoo artist. I bet that she asked for 56 stars, so that's what he did.
    Then she got home and Daddy went mad. So, she's coming up with pathetic excuses and trying to sue the tattooist. What a load of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

yeah i was thinking that too. the majority of places in ireland won't tattoo your hand let alone your face if you don't have a good bit done already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

in today's metro, it starts off with a comparison to not remembering somethign that happened the night before, as though she was drinking.

doesnt say she was drinking, but it's certainly implied by association.

i reckon she just did it, seemed like a good idea at the time, got some feedback and shat herself.

This.

There's only so many times you can ask a question, but I think this qualifies as an exemption...

How in the name of Jesus H. Corbett do you fall asleep when you are having 56 INDIVIDUAL TATTOOS INKED ON YOUR FACE HHHNNNGGGGHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Apologies if this has been posted before, didn't see it anywhere....

Link to bbc news story with video.

Apparently she fell asleep during the process. I've never had a tattoo done, but this sounds like bollox to me. Anyone who has a facial tattoo think it would be possible to fall asleep during the procedure?
    Police in Belgium are investigating a complaint from a teenager who says a tattooist peppered her face with stars after she asked for only three.

Kimberley Vlaeminck, 18, said she fell asleep during the procedure.

"I woke up when he was starting to tattoo my nose... I counted 56 stars, it is frightening," she said.

Tattoo artist Rouslan Toumaniantz, who is Romanian, said his client did not fall asleep and she got exactly what she had ordered.

He rejects Ms Vlaeminck's claim he had misunderstood what she had asked for.
    Rouslan Toumaniantz
    Mr Toumaniantz says his client was happy until her family saw her face

"She was awake and looked in the mirror several times as the procedure was being done," said Mr Toumaniantz, who works at Tattoo Box in Kortrijk.

He says his client only regretted the tattoos later.

"She agreed, but when her father saw it, the trouble started," Belgian newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws quoted Mr Toumaniantz as saying.

The teenager has told Belgian media she wanted three modest stars tattooed near her eye and she awoke to "a nightmare".

Ms Vlaeminck has said she wants to keep the tattoos on her forehead but would have the rest removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Mina Loy

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It was just 4 posts down from this one... Nevermind, I'll merge them.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

I'm just amazed at her stupidity...in every way. First of all WANTING something as extreme as that and then thinking she could lie and say she fell asleep while it was being done. Because she is lying...nobody falls asleep during a tattoo...especially somewhere as sensitive as on the face. She's going to learn a hell of a hard lesson from this little outing.

And while I feel a bit sorry for the tattooist, I think he was quite foolish to go along with it as she's so young. But then, looking at HIS face, nothing is too extreme so maybe he has a skewed sense of what's ok and what's not.

Lessons to be learned on both sides....and a cautionary tale to the rest of us. :D

Jen ;->

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ned.78

If she was looking for a facial tattoo in the first place, then she should have been prepared for the consequences. I would also assume that it was only when Mummy and Pappa got an eyeful that the do do hit the windmill.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

It was just 4 posts down from this one... Nevermind, I'll merge them.

Oopsie. Sorry. :o

I think I fell asleep. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 lil'bluestar

I totally agree it was irresponsible by the artist, an 18 year old who isn't heavily tattooed getting such a dramatic piece done is only going to end badly. He should have maybe asked her to go away and think about it and come back again to make sure she was certain.

There's no way she could have been asleep for it. It seems like something she thought would be a great idea at the time but ended up being a disaster.

A friend of mine went for a tattoo in Dublin, it was her first. She wanted her star sign tattooed on her neck, the artist refused point blank, telling her she'd regret it.
    I had alot of respect for him turning down money like that. After that she was glad she hadn't got it done.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I had alot of respect for him turning down money like that. After that she was glad she hadn't got it done.

Another reason for this is, at 18 most people really have no idea what they want to do in life. Facial or visible neck tattoos could affect your employment prospects in the future. Sad and all as it is, a lot of employers wouldn't hire on the basis of someone having tattooed arms. With a face covered in ink it's gonna be a lot harder for her, and unless she takes to wearing a full hijab or trowel fulls of pan stick, this girl has basically no way of covering these tattoos up.

Even with the Laser surgery, she's going to be left with scars for the rest of her life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 vinnysixx

A friend of mine went for a tattoo in Dublin, it was her first. She wanted her star sign tattooed on her neck, the artist refused point blank, telling her she'd regret it.

i had a similar experience when i was younger, wanted a tattoo on my neck (not even my first) but was refused and advised not to get it done till i had a good bit of coverage and i was a good bit older.

Never to this day have i gotten anything above the collar and am very happy about that fact now.

It's this recession. Them Belgians are dying for some cash!

I agree that she's an idiot, but so is the artist. What kind of idiot tattoos an 18 year old girl's face? She doesn't seem to have even had any other tattoos. He should have told her to come back in a week after thinking about it and then had her sign a written consent form.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

jenizzle wrote: »

Class.
    Maybe change your sig from 3 days, maybe longer to 3 stars, maybe more? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Silly, silly girl. Sounds to me like she asked for a Kat Von D look on her face, the tattoist either misheard (apparently his grasp of the language isn't great) or just didn't care what it turned out like. What kind of a guy tattoos the face of an 18 yr. old girl?? Especially one who hasn't any other tattoos.
    I agree with the person here that suggested that Daddy and Boyfriend must've got mad, so she's now fabricated these lies about falling asleep in order to sue the guy to get the money to pay for them to be lasered off.
    No amount of money will be worth the cost of having lots of white scars on her face for the rest of her life even if the laser treatment gets them off.

I initially read about this on another on-line forum in a tattoo group and they said that it would be unlikely to happen in the U.S. as any reputable tattoo artist there will want a release form signed before they'll agree to do any work. Can someone tell me, is that also the case in this country?
    I'm getting a tattoo within the next year and would like to know. ;)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

In Ireland any reputable tattoo studio will have you sign a consent form before getting tattooed. They'll also put the stencil of the tattoo on you and make sure you're happy with the design and placement before touching you with a needle. Just to make sure there's no ambiguity about your request ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Weird thing is before he never requested written consent, very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

ha! finally

still think the dude that did that tattoo should pay towards getting them lasered off, cause come on, what the hell was he thinking agreeing to tattoo an 18 yr olds face in the 1st place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Will wrote: »
    Weird thing is before he never requested written consent, very strange.

Something tells me he's not going to make that mistake again.

I also agree with emo there, he should never have done it in the first place.
    yeah doubt he will gauge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

18 year old asking you for a face tattoo..
    Hmm. Not a good road to go down

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

here we go... she admits she wanted them until her da went nuts...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/5603769/Girl-with-56-stars-tattooed-on-face-admits-she-asked-for-them.html
    Girl with 56 stars tattooed on face admits she asked for them

A teenage girl who claimed 56 stars were tattooed on her on her face as she slept when she asked for three has admitted she was awake the whole time – and lied because her father was "furious".

Kimberley Vlaminck had insisted she dozed off after asking the tattooist for just three small stars – then woke in horror to find her face was covered.

The Belgian blamed the Flemish-speaking tattooist for not being able to understand her French and English instructions.

Amid a frenzy of media attention, she then said she would sue the tattoo artist, Rouslan Toumaniantz, for the £9,000 she needed for laser surgery to have them removed.

She said after the tattooing last week: "It is terrible for me. I cannot go out on to the street. I look like a freak."

But the 18-year-old has finally confessed she did not fall asleep, that she wanted all the stars and was "fully aware" of what Mr Toumaniantz was doing.

Ms Vlaminck told a Dutch TV crew: "I asked for 56 stars and initially adored them. But when my father saw them, he was furious. So I said I fell asleep and the that the tattooist made a mistake."

Mr Toumaniantz – himself covered from head to foot in tattoos and piercings – had consistently denied he had made a mistake and always insisted Vlaminck wanted all 56 stars.

He said at the time: "I maintain that she absolutely agreed that I tattoo those 56 stars on the left side of her face."

But despite insisting she had asked for 56 stars, he still initially agreed to pay for half of the treatment to remove the tattoos.

"Kimberley is unhappy and it is not my wish to have an unsatisfied client," he said.

"I don't regret it. To tell you the truth, this has given me some publicity." Mr Toumanaintz is now said to have withdrawn his cash offer and said from now on he will get written consent from clients before he begins tattooing.

Gauge wrote: »

>_>

<_<

Bit late there crumble froo >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

duno how i missed that >_<

• Advertisement

heehee, early morning maybe?

Advertisement