Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash based problem.Please help me!

• 17-06-2009 1:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I just made a flash based website from template to show off my photographs and i'm having trouble locating a piece of text in it on the contact us page that was there form the template that i want to delete. It's just the foreign code that is put up as test writing on each site. Is there any flash developers here? I have absolutely everything else working, even my contact forms they mail off to my email account and im a complete newbie to this.

any chance someone who could help me out would drop me a pm and i could send them the code.Guys i'd really really appreciate it if someone could help.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Post the code here and what text you want removed.

As for a flash website.. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Sully wrote: »
    Post the code here and what text you want removed.

As for a flash website.. :eek:

I'd rather not post it all up.

As for the flash website comment. I resent that. It just may not be your choice. It's my experiment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

True, it is my own view. Not a fan of flash websites for many many reasons. :) Good luck fixing your flash problem anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

Where exactly is the piece of code that you want to remove? Is it IN the flash itself?

Hoku wrote: »
    Where exactly is the piece of code that you want to remove? Is it IN the flash itself?

I spoke with him over IM - he wants to remove some text but cant find it within the code (nor can he find the code itself). He was sending over the flash website in a rar file for anyone to look through and find the code. :)

• Advertisement

Hi there,

yes it's just like kevin said. Basically i got a template and i editing it and i edited everything i wanted done properly. Now on the contact me page the template's latin text is on the page beside the contact me form. I simply want to remove this default latin text and i can't find it anywhere to remove it. could you help out please. I'm still in the process of doing everything, everything on the site is there just to see if i could fill up everything. It'll all be changed, you'll be happy to heart that sully ;).

If you could take a look and express your opinions i'd be extremely grateful. I could email you on the entire template, it's only 3mb if you could pm me your email address. The site is located here

Whooo your moving away from flash and family testimonials! I knew you would take my advise eventually!

Rock on! :P Slap up the rar file on the site Dan and link it here :)

lol, afraid i can't i'm in work now and the rar file is only in my gmail account so i can only get at it there. sorry. are you gonna try it out kev?

stick-dan wrote: »
    lol, afraid i can't i'm in work now and the rar file is only in my gmail account so i can only get at it there. sorry. are you gonna try it out kev?

Email the file to me and ill upload it (best gimme the a/c password) for you. Is FTP blocked in work?

If you have the .fla source, I'm pretty sure I can find it. I played around with Flash templates before but decided to stay away from them because the site was to be dynamic, and Flash is more suited to static content that doesn't need to be changed on a regular basis, I think.

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Email the file to me and ill upload it (best gimme the a/c password) for you. Is FTP blocked in work?

i emailed the file to you kevin. Can you upload it kevin?
    If you have the .fla source, I'm pretty sure I can find it. I played around with Flash templates before but decided to stay away from them because the site was to be dynamic, and Flash is more suited to static content that doesn't need to be changed on a regular basis, I think.

I have emailed the .fla file that was in the template to kevin. Could you send me a pm with your email address and i'll send it to you also.

http://danny.xc-host.com/template.rar

Give it one extra min from time of post as its uploading as I post. :)

Good news - I found the culprit :D
    What would you like done to that page, while I have it here? If you want to replace the text with something, PM/Email it and I'll send the modified set back to you.

Good news - I found the culprit :D
    What would you like done to that page, while I have it here? If you want to replace the text with something, PM/Email it and I'll send the modified set back to you.

i'd just like it deleted for the time being to be honest. I would really appreciate if you could take a screen shot and tell me where it is located in future.:) I am thinking of putting some links to my other sites on it. Thank you so much for your help.

@ Mods : you can close this thread now Hoku has helped me out greatly.

@Hoku : Thank you so very much for your help, although it may not seem like the biggest problem to everyone it seemed it to me and i badly want to get a website in place. Anyways it's people like Hoku who make this forum what it is. Well done to Hoku.

@sully : thanks for putting that on the ftp site for me while i was in work.

@stick-dan: Dump the flash site :pac:

adios

Advertisement