Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunflower seeds - I planted them a week ago -seedlings now - too late?

Options
  • 17-06-2009 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭

Will they just grow to a quarter of the height and flower it being so late?
    No Flower at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

You never know - with climate change and all that they may end up thriving into an indian summer. Did you plant them out, or in pots?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭worded

You never know - with climate change and all that they may end up thriving into an indian summer. Did you plant them out, or in pots?

Both. I had hundreds of seeds from a visit to glasnevein botanic gardens last year. There were loads going to seed so I helped myself to a few pockets full

There are a few in Growbags just showing their heads now.
    I have some mature ones. Just sorry I didnt plant the lot together at the same time in April

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Seems like ages ago that we planted sunflower seeds in pots in a glass porch(like a green house esp with recent heat) but we still only have plenty of green leaf but no flower so far, they range in height from 25cm - 60cm now.
    This website says 70-90 days to mature!!
    http://www.gardenersnet.com/vegetable/sunflowr.htm

Advertisement